Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times

Advertisements

Clarence Thomas doesn't ask questions. Ever. He's known for it. I think he might just be Chuck Norris in disguise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
feh, one more day for Oral Arguments, then the decision is in June.

your "activist Judges" remark made me giggle. The Justices ask questions, sanrene, it's S.O.P.
But do they MAKE the arguments for the case?

Listen to the leftist (Toobin) that was there. Better yet, listen to the tape yourself.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...n-brian-bolduc

Quote:
“Essentially, the Solicitor General’s performance was so abysmal that it fell to the [Democratic] appointees to make his argument for him,” says Adam Serwer, reporter for Mother Jones.
Is that their duty and obligation?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
KENNEDY: Health care law “changes the relationship between the individual and the government in a very fundamental way.”
Who can deny this?

Quote:
KENNEDY: Can you “create” commerce in order to regulate it? Suggests govt has “heavy burden” in health care case.
Does Congress have the authority to "create" commerce?

My god, Ginsburg had to remind the SG what their argument was, he was off the reservation so much.

Last edited by sanrene; 03-27-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 01:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you realize how much tax the Germans pay?
So much more than not only do they have 100% coverage and non-existent bankruptcy due to health care issues, but they actually turned a surplus on health care. We can't have any of that blasphemy here.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
I'm sure the anti-Obamacare people will be happy when they are turned down by any insurance company because of any pre-existing condition, or when their unemployed college grad can't be on their insurance due to age.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'm not in favor of the mandate however, you are correct. Those rates are going to climb regardless because they can and profit is the sole reason. Nothing, absolutely nothing is wrong with profit, unless people's health and well being are on the line and that is where I take issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It's always been about 50/50 and it depended on two opinions. Everyone knew this going in.

If it stands, Obama "wins". We can see what happens.

If it does not stand, Obama tried. And when insurance companies inevitably raise their premiums despite this fact, he will campaign on both these facts.
Sorry, but a decision rendered in June will not give insurance companies enough time to regroup and raise premiums to a degree that Obama will be able to effectively make it a campaign issue for November. Obama is out in 2012 if it is found that the "Constitutional Scholar" signed an "unconstitutional" law. His detractors are far too many, and strikedown will be the straw that broke the camels back.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
can't blame a brother for trying.
it's your fault if you don't appreciate
the help tho.

dirtbags..

Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM

53 posts, read 34,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But they don't know that because no one TELLS them that.
They are TOLD that it is just more government invasion of privacy or whatever the fear flavor of the day is.

These are the people who actually would cut off their noses to spite their faces. In other words, republicans.
LOL

Soooooo true

Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGI Figgles View Post
You can not get a little bit pregnant. Obamacare is the worst of both worlds- It enabled Insurance companies to raise Premiums while having a government force people to pay for it.

Just provide the Gd healthcare. The Germans have a great model.
My feelings exactly----Just get it done!! Take medicare for example..My wife is disabled and paid into the system nearly 30 years without using it (FICA). Now that she using it she pays a premium per month for medicare and she pays for an "advantage plan" additional coverage from the private sector. For profit insurance hand in hand with the a single payer. We all ready have a system a little similar to Germany's, however, without cost controls---medicinal costs for example.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I'm sure the anti-Obamacare people will be happy when they are turned down by any insurance company because of any pre-existing condition, or when their unemployed college grad can't be on their insurance due to age.
I think most of them are counting on their Medicare/Medicaid programs... the "keep government out of my socialized plan" crowd. The rest, well that would include the naive and the self-defeaters. I really hope if their dreams do come true, that they be the first to taste the outcomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies