Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose ObamaCare?
I support ObamaCare. 74 40.88%
I oppose ObamaCare. 107 59.12%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,166,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Which provision in the US Constitution prohibits that power? Let us start there.

show me where the constitution gives the potus the authority to force people to buy a product?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 PM

4,436 posts, read 4,856,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Typical liberal. And by liberal, I mean both Democrats and the RINOs running the Republican party these days.

It's medical costs. It's college tuition. It's housing costs. It happens over and over again. Liberals meddle in some sector of the economy with government entitlements, grants, and loans, then prices skyrocket when they destroy the market with inefficiency and crony capitalism and the removal of competition and individual responsibility, and then when it gets out of control they blame capitalism and want government to fix it with regulations and need even more bueaucracy and taxes to enforce those regulations. When everything would have been fine all along if they'd just left it alone in the first place.

See, the government wouldn't need to come up with a solution for the trillion dollar cost of healthcare if government hadn't started subsidizing healthcare to begin with. If it weren't for LBJ and his Great Society, costs wouldn't have been spiralling out of control for the past 40 years and we wouldn't be at this crisis point.
The only thing spiralling out of control is the costs of wars which is in the trillions, then add the entire military/defense budget including homeland security and all the spy agencies which is over a trillion a year.
Stop the wars cut the military spending, close the tax loop holes for corporations tax the 1% and we will not only have enough money to pay for medical for everybody but we could also offer a free college education.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,259,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
show me where the constitution gives the potus the authority to force people to buy a product?
show me where in the constitution that it says we must have insuracne to drive our cars?

show me where in the constitution that it says we must pay for our food? shouldn't food be FREE for all since its by everyone in order to live?

show me where in the constitution that it says that we must pay the utilities to provide us with clean water and electricity? you need both in order to survive.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 AM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
show me where in the constitution that it says we must have insuracne to drive our cars?

show me where in the constitution that it says we must pay for our food? shouldn't food be FREE for all since its by everyone in order to live?

show me where in the constitution that it says that we must pay the utilities to provide us with clean water and electricity? you need both in order to survive.
Psst, all the things you mentioned are STATE issues.

If you don't down a car do you still have to have insurance?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,762,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you don't down a car do you still have to have insurance?
Why should state control my choices for my mobility? Its my car, its my time and its my money. States gets taxes, and should deal with it. What next, insurance to buy a baseball bat?

But on a more serious note, a car may be optional, your health issues ain't. You're guaranteed to be a sucker, to insurance company to the government and to the society. It is why I feel that we deserve a true to form Obama Care... some form of single payer/public options system and none of that mostly republican crap from the 1990s we were dealt.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,516,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Since the Supreme Court is currently hearing the ObamaCare case, I wanted to see how everyone on the forum feels about the law.

How can you support something that you know nothing about???

Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube

Old 03-29-2012, 12:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,404,963 times
Free health care for everyone!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,302,580 times
Interesting poll. It's numbers currently seem to reflect the country's mood about Obamacare.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,762,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Define a product. Do missiles count?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 PM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why should state control my choices for my mobility? Its my car, its my time and its my money. States gets taxes, and should deal with it. What next, insurance to buy a baseball bat?

But on a more serious note, a car may be optional, your health issues ain't. You're guaranteed to be a sucker, to insurance company to the government and to the society. It is why I feel that we deserve a true to form Obama Care... some form of single payer/public options system and none of that mostly republican crap from the 1990s we were dealt.

More loony logic.

And of course, always with the insult, " none of that mostly republican crap" because others don't believe as you do.

For someone who chooses such a forum name, you are FAR from being an Einstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies