Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Fair enough. I do not agree with what he did. I also did not like how he treated the white college student long ago who asked how she could help black people. I wish he and many others would spend the time and passion they put into things like this on calling out black men for the state of weakness our families are in. Tayvon Martin will not get justice because know one in power cares about what happened to him. Its that simple. I hope this incident serves to wake black people up to the dangers of being socially and politically weak in America.
First off, forgive me for saying this but Im shocked. I didnt expect that sort of comment from you so I must commend you for that.
You're right though. And you have to keep in mind why some of us get upset or annoyed when people like him stay mostly silent until an issue like the current one comes up. When its even remotely possible that a possible crime could do with a race issue towards a black person, Al, Jesse, Spike and others all come out in full force no matter what they know or dont know.

One of my earliest comments on this case was for Trayvon. It didnt make sense how the other guy wasnt arrested. But as more information started to come out, it seemed this wasnt as an open and shut case as some wanted us to believe. I then took the side of not calling for someones head until everything we can know, is known. If when everything is known, Zimmerman needs to be tried in court, great. But if the evidence they have doesnt support throwing the book at him, we shouldnt do so just because.

As to your last sentence. Not everything is black and white. Not everything is a race issue. And more often than not, the black community would be better served to NOT allow Al Jesse and Spike to be their voice. Theyd be better off without them

Old 03-28-2012, 07:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Q: Is there a bigger idiot than Spike Lee anywhere in America?
A: Yes.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Is there a bigger idiot than Spike Lee anywhere in America?

Oh, sure, lots and lots. Some of them are running for President, some of them left an elected position with 17 months to go in their term, some of them want to build a colony on the moon.

You know, those guys.
Inner workings of the lefty mind never cease to amaze.

Apparently, according to the lefty mind, inciting a mob to go to a guy's house and lnych, burn or (you fill in the blank) is a lesser offense than resigning office or advocacy of space travel.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Inner workings of the lefty mind never cease to amaze.

Apparently, according to the lefty mind, inciting a mob to go to a guy's house and lnych, burn or (you fill in the blank) is a lesser offense than resigning office or advocacy of space travel.

Noooo, I didn't say that. A question was asked if there is a bigger idiot that Spike Lee, and I answered it. I think the guy whose address Lee published on twitter should return the favor, I also think he has a basis for one hell of a lawsuit. My only regret is that I wouldn't be on the jury who awardas him everything Spike Lee has earned, or WILL earn for the rest of his stupid life.

Clear now?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The vile hatred of Hispanics by the left really comes out in all these attack Zimmerman threads.

That may be a rush to judgment as well. The name "Zimmerman" is the Anglicized version of "Zimmermann" which is clearly a German name. I'm sure race baiters erringly assumed he was guilty because he was German before learning later that he is Hispanic.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM

This also offers a good example of the bias of the Main Slime Media (MSM) at work. Recall when Limbaugh refererenced Fluke with those two naughty words, it was in the newspapers, on the nightly news, and even made it to the top of the hour radio news, where they have about 3 minutes to report only the stories of absolute top-tier importance. And the coverage went on for about a week.

By contrast, if you google around for stories about Spike Lee's incitement, a couple of Tampa TV stations have it. Fox News and Washington Times have it. But zip, zero, nada from the WA Post, NYT, NBC, ABC, or CBS.

So again the lefty mind at work. A conservative uses a couple naughty words: STOP THE PRESSES. A liberal and Obama donor incites mob violence: not even news.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

My vote goes to Nancy-we-have-to-pass-the-bill-so-we-can-find-out-what's-in-the-bill-Pelosi

Old 03-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Noooo, I didn't say that. A question was asked if there is a bigger idiot that Spike Lee, and I answered it. I think the guy whose address Lee published on twitter should return the favor, I also think he has a basis for one hell of a lawsuit. My only regret is that I wouldn't be on the jury who awardas him everything Spike Lee has earned, or WILL earn for the rest of his stupid life.

Clear now?
Not really.

How else do you judge who is the bigger idiot, except by their actions? So if Gingrich is the bigger idiot, due to his space travel advocacy, doesn't it follow that space travel advocacy must outweigh inciting mob violence on your idiocy scale?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

My vote goes to Nancy-we-have-to-pass-the-bill-so-we-can-find-out-what's-in-the-bill-Pelosi
Coincidentally, Nancy was right. People seem to hate "Obama Care" but love what is in it:

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=steve-benen7E111609-608B-74FC-7167-F305002B5963.jpg&width=600 (broken link)

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Coincidentally, Nancy was right. People seem to hate "Obama Care" but love what is in it:

Nothing to do with it being an idiotic statement. Voting to pass a bill so we can find out what's in it is the LAST reason anyone in Congress should vote in favor of a bill--ANY bill.

She still gets my vote as being a bigger idiot than Spike Lee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies