Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times

Advertisements

Iran has only been a threat to Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 09:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
You know, I've seen this almost word for word on other forums and I've heard almost these same comments on some cable TV shows and from Ron Paul flyers. I need to make a suggestion, rewrite this with an American perspective if you want to influence people to your side. Tell us how much it would cost, how many lives will be lost, how this will effect fuel prices if we engage ourselfs against the government of Iran. Most people can smell spin from miles away. Try again.
Your suggestion is the spin. Your putting financial interests above human interests.

It is the sin of America to put dollar values on people.

How about we learn to love people more than material and money.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
KAAC - It must be neat to be able to vote for your own profits. Thanks for pointing out this little game.

A major problem with our industrial economy is a huge portion of the employment in this sector is involved. Cutting 'defense" spending would put unemployment through the roof in this well paid sector. We need to keep these people employed but not have them making weapons we do not need.
US Military is the largest employer in the World... 3.2 million.

Need a lot of tax dollars and things to do, in order to keep the machine running.

We can do better than profiting off of pain and suffering, mixed with false pride and arrogance.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
[b]
You refuse to go to war to defend these thieves? As far as I can tell, nobody asked you any favors I am also convinced that you won't defend your homeland in any case, even when attacked. People like you are the worst for any country.
The Tax laws prove you wrong. American's are forced to support this countries military prowess.

People like you need to wake up, and shake the brainwashing from their soul.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
The Tax laws prove you wrong. American's are forced to support this countries military prowess.

People like you need to wake up, and shake the brainwashing from their soul.
Do you refer to the financial aid we send to PA, Egypt and Pakistan that is financed with my taxes (though I really don't want to finance US enemies, yet nobody asks me?)

Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Back to the OP: no, Iran isn't a threat. Their regime is.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Almost every nation is a potential threat to almost every other nation. That's hardly a reason to barrel towards war!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The last 20 years of world history show the US is one of the biggest threats in the world...
...to dictators and terrorists.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
I think Israel is more of a concern when it comes to matters of nuclear proliferation.
Yes because, as we all know, they've been launching the ones they have all over the Middle East for years now with the result of hundreds of thousands dead Arabs and Persians

Oh wait, no they haven't. Never mind.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Israel, and America could villify the SWISS, and joe bloe would yell "attack". The brainwashing of common america is a disgusting thing to behold.
Who's yelling attack? Show the board the "Joe bloes" who are yelling attack. If you can't then you are simply lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies