Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The baby is a baby while it is inside the womb. I support the abortion insurance proposal.
Let me get this right...the baby gets aborted and the baby can collect an insurance pay out ? How can that be..the baby would not be alive to collect? Does the person who agreed to abort get the money? I'm confused....

Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Calling babies "fetuses" is a method to dehumanize them and avoid the damage to conscience that occurs when a life is taken. The "fetus" is a human life - as evidenced by the 100% of babies who are born alive who are human beings. The genetic information that makes them a human being is present in the uterus. Denying the humanity of a "fetus" is just a way of splicing definition to make abortion seem "right". It is not right - it is homicide.
So what do you call it when people using in vitro freeze their embryos?

Wouldn't that qualify as child abuse?

Should those parents be prosecuted?

Instead of aborting....how about I just remove the fetus and freeze it? Would that be OK?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
If the child is white yes, if the child is a minority the rates of adoption are much lower Adoption USA: Race, ethnicity, and gender. And that's the first i have ever heard that there is a wait list for special needs children, as i have always read they have a hard time placing them.
Keep in mind that we are talking about "babies" not the children in the system that are impossible to adopt because they are "work count" for state services - been there and tried that. If the state gets a child, they hold onto them. I think a few years back when I called about the possibility of adopting another infant with DS, they had 60 families on the waiting list there. You'll also find that when adopting babies, many people become color-blind.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Instead of aborting....how about I just remove the fetus and freeze it? Would that be OK?
Why would you do this?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Let me get this right...the baby gets aborted and the baby can collect an insurance pay out ? How can that be..the baby would not be alive to collect? Does the person who agreed to abort get the money? I'm confused....
This proposal is just another example of how pro-lifers refuse to deal with the realities of life.

Ya know, like people should just stop having sex if they do not want a baby.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Can someone tell me which dictionary is calling a "fetus" anything other than a developing mammal especially a human being? I looked at several and while they do not call it a "baby", they call it a developing mammal and not a collection of cells. Termination of a developing mammal sure sounds a lot like killing a mammal.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Why would you do this?
The same reason I would abort....because I do not want to endure pregnancy and childbirth and because I do not want a child.

Soooooo.....just remove it, freeze it, and forget about it.

Now, answer my question.

Is freezing embryos child abuse?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And neither can a fetus.
Don't like the term fetus...any more than I like the term Capital Punishment...as if the state or individuals have the right to end life at any stage. Abortion is a punishment....whether a person is innocent or not...does not matter...deadly punishment does not correct the person..born or un-born...It simply get rid of them...and the supposed problem...Punitive measures are to correct not to make someone disappear...where is the profit in that? BOTH...are done out of spite.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Life begins at conception.
So Mother Nature is a murderer. Because millions of fertilized eggs never even get to implantation, and millions of other embryos and fetuses are spontaneously aborted each year. Why doesn't life begin with the egg? It's human genetic material. We harvest eggs to store for women who want to wait until later to become pregnant, and harvested eggs are donated to women who have fertility issues. Why do you arbitrarily decide that fertilization is the beginning of human life?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Life begins at conception.
So, it should be viable at conception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies