Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,890,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Keep dreaming... then come back to comment when you've woken up, and try giving us some solutions based on reality for a change.
My solution is based in reality.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM

For the record, I voted pro-life.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,764,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That's right. People are going to have sex, and nothing anybody can say or do will keep that from happening, so it is best to forget about abstinence as a viable option. Kids are not going to remember that lesson when the hormones rage. It makes a lot more sense to realize this and act accordingly than to bury your head in the sand and pretend that your kids don't have sex.
Could it be that when the hormones rage..that fate is also involved and that cosmically speaking that the coupling is part of a divine plan to create another person that is MEANT to be born?

Why are males and females persecuted for breeding? Is it all about economics...social expectations?....I believe if I had my first child at 18 rather than 33...I would be a younger more vibrant father today...instead of an old man with less energy and interest to interact...with a young child..or grown child...abortion stops people from being born that are meant to be born..

Look how much we messed with the gene pool through abortion...30 years latter we can not even find a good leader...cos they are not here and should be here...all we have are dumb folks and 40 million detained angels WHO'S landings were aborted...the people we need are not here...abortion was a mistake...the road to hell is paved with good intentions and "choice"...wrong choices.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,312,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or are you pro-death?
I certainly hope you are being deliberately obtuse with "pro death" rather than "pro-choice."

However, I would not be surprised if you are not..

Stupid poll....

Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I certainly hope you are being deliberately obtuse with "pro death" rather than "pro-choice."

However, I would not be surprised if you are not..

Stupid poll....
pro-choice of what? - to kill a baby? Either way it makes one pro-death.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,355,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
pro-choice of what? - to kill a baby? Either way it makes one pro-death.
To be fair, I think pretty much everyone (liberal extremists included) want to minimize abortions, just in a different way. They feel that more education and more access to birth control is enough. While I don't agree with them on this, I don't cast them as "pro-death" due to their interest in avoiding the circumstances where abortion would become "necessary".

Add my voice to the chorus of people saying "This poll is (lacking)!" I would've given the following options:

Are you...

Simply pro-life
Simply pro-choice
Both

where the terms are defined here...

Pro-life: You see abortion as generally wrong.
Pro-choice: You think people should have the legal right to choose.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,219,577 times
Translated Title of Thread:

Pro QUALITY of life,
or Pro QUANTITY of Life?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,956,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
It most certainly is, and the beauty of an idea is that it can be funded by someone other than the originator. Now, do you have any reasons why this idea is a bad one? Or are you just all attitude like half of the people posting here?

Of course you did. It is your opinion that mine isn't worth considering because I personally cannot pay for hundreds of women to have ultrasounds before getting their abortions (which, needless to say, doesn't add up at all!)

And how, pray tell, did I fail to back up my opinion? By not having money?

I have a good reason. It is against the law for tax dollars to be used to pay for abortions. The sonograms would be considered a part of the abortion prep....just like any meds and supplys used.....the woman herself has to pay for it. Insurance wouldn't even be allowed to pay for it....for the same reason....pro-lifers are against any part of their premium money possibly being used for an abortion.

Good luck with getting pro-lifers to agree to pay for what would become a part of the abortion process.

Just as with babies and children....pro-lifers want them born.....but don't want to pay for them. They want the sonograms, but don't want want to pay for them.

Ya know, the Repulican/Conservative motto: "Your problem....not mine."

Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am sure that you have already been informed but posting BS polls only reflects on the person posting them.
I am Pro-Choice. That said, I am against abortion beyond the first three months unless the mothers life is in danger or the fetus will not survive after birth. I am all for alternatives to abortion such as adoption and would support gvernment assistance for those that qualify and have signed up to have the child adopted. I would also add that I am against women using abortion as a means of birth control, anyone that has had multiple abortions should be sterilized after their third abortion unless there some real reason they needed them such as having been raped, that should get plenty on the left and right screaming at me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks, I actually agree with that, if men father children then they should raise and support them.
...........and...... once a man has three children he doesn't support he should be sterilized.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's not that men don't want to take care of their kids. The mothers purposely keep the fathers out of their children's lives.
Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of men that have little or nothing to do with their children's lives by choice.

And.....a lot of them wouldn't even pay child support if they weren't forced to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies