Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Unbelievable. Disgusting.

Yes, we are indeed circling the drain at a very rapid pace.

You might want to check into this a bit more thoroughly before you kneejerk.

Just a suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
The government doesn't (or shouldn't) endorse a single religion. That's why it was taken down. We're all aware of this, right? This is why religious things are taken off of public property and schools.....Regardless if someone is offended, it wasn't supposed to be up, anyway.
Just like the government shouldn't endorse gay or non gay people. So by your own reckoning, the gay flag wasn't supposed to be up anyways.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,992 times
Afghanistan is a wasteland of illiterate opium smokers in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe America can occupy Siberia next.

Who care what flag flies over a pile of ****?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
I'd say if you need a cross on a tent to remind you Jesus is with you your're lacking faith, not a cross on the tent.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
A single Marine hoisted the gay flag in order to raise awareness of homophobia. His wife posted it on facebook.

The pictures appeared on his wife Nicole Jodice’s Facebook page and posted to the page of the group Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook

Read more: Marine Raises Rainbow Flag in Afghanistan | Care2 Causes

More fake rwnj outrage to poke fun at.
Only takes a "single Marine" to hoist a Christian Cross to raise awareness of redemption also; but that would come down lickety split and, in this day and age, may even result in some charges and certainly faux lwnj outrage, as well.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Only takes a "single Marine" to hoist a Christian Cross to raise awareness of redemption also; but that would come down lickety split and, in this day and age, may even result in some charges and certainly faux lwnj outrage, as well.
The military is an agent of the government. Endorsing Christianity by a government entity is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Still haven't the foggiest clue why conservatives haven't figured the Constitution out yet, but keep pretending everyone else violates it.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You might want to check into this a bit more thoroughly before you kneejerk.

Just a suggestion.
I really don't need to look any further. When a gay pride flag can be raised and religious flag with a cross cannot, I have a problem with it. I don't care what manual gives who the right to do or not do something. That manual and that policy are counter to my principles and beliefs.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Quote:
I really don't need to look any further. When a gay pride flag can be raised and religious flag with a cross cannot, I have a problem with it. I don't care what manual gives who the right to do or not do something. That manual and that policy are counter to my principles and beliefs.
What does flying one particular religion's symbol on a multifaith chapel have to do with a gay flag flying elsewhere? If the gay flag was flying on the chapel, maybe you'd have an argument. But I didn't know homosexuality was a religion?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,700 times
Quote:
I guess somebody forgot to consult you as to what should be included in that manual.

Opinions like yours are counter to my principles and beliefs.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I guess somebody forgot to consult you as to what should be included in that manual.

Opinions like yours are counter to my principles and beliefs.
Let me fix that last sentence for you:

Opinions like yours (AeroGuyDC) are counter to Constitutional principles and my beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies