Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I guess if something is malfunctioning, it has to have some functionality to start with, so in a round-about way, you're right. Sort of.
Correct. Something functional stands the chance of being malfunction. Something that can be fixed. OTOH, you can't fix stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times
Gas is too cheap it needs to go much higher, higher, higher... Cheap energy is evil, carbon dioxide is toxic, carbon credits are good, good, good!!! We need to set up an exchange ran by Goldman Sachs to trade carbon dioxide credits Yay!!!

What else do you need to know Marge??? Ask 0bama he knows, Thank 0bama he's saving the worlds environment!!!

Big 0bama government is gonna take good care of you just like you asked for Marge, your gonna love it...

Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I put forth the following questions to you, dear CD-ers:

1. Why are gas prices climbing so high?

2. Who has the power and the ability to make them go down?

3. What impact will these ever increasing prices have on the average American?

Be gentle, I'm just learning!
Are we talking Natural Gas or Gasoline?

Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Are we talking Natural Gas or Gasoline?

Gasoline.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I put forth the following questions to you, dear CD-ers:

1. Why are gas prices climbing so high?

2. Who has the power and the ability to make them go down?

3. What impact will these ever increasing prices have on the average American?

Be gentle, I'm just learning!
The US dollar has lost about half it's worth since Obama was elected. Gold was at about $900 an once, now its about $1,700. There you go.

Printing trillions of dollars and all our new debt is killing the dollar, and doing all he can to not drill in the US is not helping lower oil prices.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The US dollar has lost about half it's worth since Obama was elected. Gold was at about $900 an once, now its about $1,700. There you go.

Printing trillions of dollars and all our new debt is killing the dollar, and doing all he can to not drill in the US is not helping lower oil prices.
I take it that you've never used US dollar outside of the USA? (Hint: I've, in five different countries)

Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM

573 posts, read 970,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
And liberal brain activity is low. while Democrat truth denial is ever increasing.

Someone i know always says people point out faults in others that they themselves have a problem with.

Also speculation plays a bigger role then the media is allowed to talk about.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Gas is too cheap it needs to go much higher, higher, higher... Cheap energy is evil, carbon dioxide is toxic, carbon credits are good, good, good!!! We need to set up an exchange ran by Goldman Sachs to trade carbon dioxide credits Yay!!!

What else do you need to know Marge??? Ask 0bama he knows, Thank 0bama he's saving the worlds environment!!!

Big 0bama government is gonna take good care of you just like you asked for Marge, your gonna love it...
Obama said we'd have a million new electric cars on our roads at the end of his first term, we are only shy about a million, but then we will be doing great.

Hmmm, maybe if we bribed people with $7,500 to buy an electric car... or better yet, $10,000 per car. Well, whatever, we will be in Utopian bliss once we hit that one million mark.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I take it that you've never used US dollar outside of the USA? (Hint: I've, in five different countries)
...more then five, in my case.

When we print trillions of dollars, and then pay OPEC with that same funny money, OPEC will raise prices to make up for the fact that we are paying them in funny money. Yes, I've been to Saudi Arabia, just in case that is your next inane comment.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...more then five, in my case.

When we print trillions of dollars, and then pay OPEC with that same funny money, OPEC will raise prices to make up for the fact that we are paying them in funny money. Yes, I've been to Saudi Arabia, just in case that is your next inane comment.
Good. Now go ahead and list four of them (counting Saudi Arabia in).

So we can speak from experiences and compare them to dispel the myth you spew. You say the USD has lost half it value. Which of these "visits" you can claim would confirm that? Did you have to spend twice as much in USD that you would have in 2008 or 2004 or 2000?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies