Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I understand arguments on both sides, but if the family of Trayvon Martin, wanted a peaceful resolution, then why stir up the controversy, and toss race into the picture?

Why allow Sharpton and Jackson into the fray? Give an interview, and state for these glory hounds to go home, and everyone shut up, and let the police and the law do their jobs.

Trayvon Martin's Father Says They Are Looking For A Peaceful Resolution In The Case Of His Son's Death | Fox News

Personally, self defense or not, the man PUT himself in a position for this to happen, and deserves some kind of punishment, but the circus now involved with this almost certainly denies a fair trial, so what is a peaceful and EQUITABLE resolution to this mess, and how can it be accomplished?

There is really not need into attacking Rev Sharpton or Jackson, since no one is complaining that the State DA interferred into the investigation in order to cover it up. All that Sharpton, at the bequest of the Martin family did was shine light on something that the police dept/DA tried to cover up. Think about this, if zimmerman really felt that he was justified in killing Trayvon he should have turned himself in until a real investigation was done, instead he decided to let this thing snowball into what it now is and growing

Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It was stupid. It was meaningless and had nothing to do with the situation. Nobody should care about Obamas mythical son.
Like I said previously, would the RW jumped on it if he was a white president? If Clinton had said it (which it sounded like something that he proably would have said) would it make any difference than?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 AM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
There is really not need into attacking Rev Sharpton or Jackson, since no one is complaining that the State DA interferred into the investigation in order to cover it up. All that Sharpton, at the bequest of the Martin family did was shine light on something that the police dept/DA tried to cover up. Think about this, if zimmerman really felt that he was justified in killing Trayvon he should have turned himself in until a real investigation was done, instead he decided to let this thing snowball into what it now is and growing
And ... here we go again.

You do realize that Zimmerman can't turn himself in if he's not being sought - if there's no warrant for his arrest, right?

I mean, what the hell would he be turning himself in for?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Civil disobedience implies there is a law that is being disobeyed. That is not the case here. These people are not protesting a law. They are trying to force the government to arrest someone. So what is the difference between them and a lynch mob?
Are you really asking that question? Older southern blacks can sure tell you the difference. If this was truely a lynch mob zimmerman would either run to the jail for protection or in the case of many blacks in the past whould have been hanging from a tree BEFORE an officer ever got to him.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
So any update on Zimmerman releasing his medical records? For me, a lot of my opinion relies on those being made public (assuming they exist and he went to the hospital as he said he did). I'm a little surprised that they weren't released shortly after that CCTV portion at the police statione was released. The longer he waits the more I would be dubious about his claims.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Like I said previously, would the RW jumped on it if he was a white president? If Clinton had said it (which it sounded like something that he proably would have said) would it make any difference than?

It would still be stupid....George W Bush has said many stupid things. So has Clinton... So has Reagan.

So no, I don't see why your conjecture has any bearing on this.

What Obama said was supremely stupid and totally irrelevant.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And ... here we go again.

You do realize that Zimmerman can't turn himself in if he's not being sought - if there's no warrant for his arrest, right?

I mean, what the hell would he be turning himself in for?
Yes, he can even if it is for protection or even to appease the growing crowd. Do be confused with "won't and should not". If he obviously is fearing for his life where else would he be protected? What do you think will happen if he not charged with anything and allow to go free? Does LA riots mean anything to you?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post

So you think the state is lawless and corrupt because they didn't charge Zimmerman? Are you now advocating for the overthrow of the government?

What kind of state do you want? Do you want a state run by gangs of violent men?

Even if you succeed in having Zimmerman charged you lose because it will look like the government gave in to the protestors.
You are either being puposely belligerent, obtuse or have reading comprehension issues . Ther have been quite a few attempts to very patiently and succinctly explain this to you, but your "SYG" attitude of willfull ignorance makes it impossible. I see no reason to waste any further time with you.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-02-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
It would still be stupid....George W Bush has said many stupid things. So has Clinton... So has Reagan.

So no, I don't see why your conjecture has any bearing on this.

What Obama said was supremely stupid and totally irrelevant.
That a real man (well any man) with children that he loves will sympathize with losing their child in that manner and then see justice turn it's head the other way would make some comment on the situation. It had nothing to do with race, the only reason the that the clowns in the GOP said anything was to appease the racist/stupid vote.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
It was stupid. It was meaningless and had nothing to do with the situation. Nobody should care about Obamas mythical son.
Just like anyone should care about the GOP's mythical "trickle down theory" but there are still people that think that it works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies