Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Yes, updated pictures have circulated of this young man. Stop depending on the news for all of your information. I could care less if Fox was number 1 or 1000. None of these news channels are unbias and anyone who believes they are are just as juvenile as the reporters who are only looking for ratings.

FOX has an agenda to lift up the right and help defeat the left.

FOX does not use libel, slander and altering of evidence to try to lift up the right. NBC did....Fox is not supporting Communists. NBC is.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Why wasn't there probable cause? Because the FACTS don't support probable cause. You can't manufacture it. Either you have it or you don't. Just because someone is shot and killed, doesn't automatically equal probable cause. You have NO CLUE what occurred there that day, except what has been written in the newspapers. Much of it was wrong, skewed, and downright misleading.

You believe wild internet rumors, or what you heard on the street as the gospel. Its just not the case.

In certain instances, it is better to leave the person out of custody and conduct your investigation. You get further. What if Zimmerman made a statement on the news? To a reporter? Those statements are legal and admissible in court. It happens all the time. There are so many reasons to leave him out of custody, I could spend days writing novels as to why.

As I said, the criminal justice system is a CHESS GAME. And, unless you played this chess game, you have no idea what you are talking about. It is so funny, people think they can tell the police, the district attorney, et al what to do and how to do it. Yet, you don't tell a doctor how to do open heart surgery? Or the computer technician how to install your computer. Or the plumber how to unclog your drain.

Yet, for some reason, all you people know how to conduct a criminal investigation? Like it or not, you think you do, based upon what you saw on television. You aren't making things better, you are making things worse.
I'd like to say that you make a good and valid point, but there are factual issues that exist that make this case questionable. A detective signed an affidavit stating that Zimmerman's story was unconvincing and should have been arrested. Why when this is pointed out, is it ignored? This detective obviously has the expertise to make an informed decision and opinion. Why should we assume that the Sanford PD conducted a proper investigation? The police chief was given a no confidence vote before he stepped down. To state that opinions cannot be formed based on just these two issues is presumptuous.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-02-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
First off, not did, do. I am still 3 yrs away from retirement and, I am still a working police officer.

Second, I am a black man (I've openly stated this on many of my posts and have stood up against racism, and argued with people who say there is no racism).

Finally, in all those years, I've met ONE police officer who I knew was openly racist. I, and others, got him fired. Questionable morals/ethics? A few. Again, most of those types of police officers are weeded out very quickly.

One thing you and others DO NOT see, are the numbers of police officers who are FIRED. You don't hear about it. I went to the police academy with 42 people in it; there are FIVE of us still in the profession. The rest have all quit, been retired medically, or were fired for doing stupid things.

This is not the age of "The Choir Boys." Whether you, or anyone else, believes it or not, police officers DO NOT cover up for one another anymore. Its too risky, because of public opinion. I have personally sent several police officers to prison and others fired for their poor decisions.

At the sometime, understand, we are, before being police officers, HUMAN BEINGS. That is something people forget. If you saw me walking down the street, you would just see another bald black guy. You would probably cross the street, thinking I was a "thug."

But, I am a human being. I have flaws. Vices and golly gee whiz, I make mistakes too. The general public expect police officers to be Supermen and were not. We are recruited from the same neighborhoods you live in. The same high schools, same military units, same colleges. We are nothing special; we just do an extraordinary job.
Thank you for answering. So knowing this don't you think something is wrong here? Why was he not arrested? Its not because they got together and said "lets get more evidence". I just don't believe that. Second you must be in city up north or out west right?

Having said that I wish there were more blacks in law enforcement because as you said you stood up many would and that would have an immediate effect on racism in law enforcement.

The other thing is I would not cross the street if you were coming. I'm black and I watch out for all types. Thug dress does make me pay more attention. Doesn't mean I can approach and then kill someone.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
IF we are getting some truths...we have our investigation now. Finally! Now, while the investigation is being professionally done, if we can keep thugs/criminals like the new Black Panthers from vigilante crimes, keep Sharpton and jackson from inciting riots, and NBC and the leftwing, Subversive Media from inciting racial strife and hate crimes....

we might get to the TRUTH, yet.

There you go with the one sided bias again. Fox has not been the defender of truth here. I watched O'reilly and one of those morning shows last week, all I could do is just shake my head. The similar comments I've read here on C-D, you could hear the same tone from the so called journalists on Fox. Instead of focusing on the crime, they were focusing on Martin's suspension, his parents seperation, the fact that the father had a fiance'. Really?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
The police requested a warrant to arrest Zimmerman, but in a matter of hours the Prosecutor said no. Without a full investigation.
My buddy whom is an excellent criminal defense lawyer and I were discussing just how *odd* it is to make an "administrative adjustment" in a case where someone died and not sending it to a grand jury. This is a guy with a lot of hours in the court room and he found the action bizarre.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
So using your reasoning. Zimmerman should sue NBC for making him appear to be a racists, so to turn it around, Martin's parents should sue Fox for making their murdered child look like a thug.
I haven't seen the FOX portrayal. What did they falsely portray (with links please).

Quote:
There you go with the one sided bias again. Fox has not been the defender of truth here. I watched O'reilly and one of those morning shows last week, all I could do is just shake my head. The similar comments I've read here on C-D, you could hear the same tone from the so called journalists on Fox. Instead of focusing on the crime, they were focusing on Martin's suspension, his parents seperation, the fact that the father had a fiance'. Really?
Links to transcripts and audio (just as you requested of the OP earlier)?

The background of Zimmerman has been the topic of the news so is it not newsworthy to also look into the background of Martin? What crime has been committed specifically, per FL statute, that Zimmerman has not yet been arrested? The fact is we (the public) do not yet know "the facts" and who indeed was the actual victim. Isn't this why deaths are investigated?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Ok, so I'm trying to understand, why does this matter? The media, both sides are known to edit and distort. Whether the 911 operator asked Zimmerman or not the race of the person, the bottom line is Zimmerman himself profiled this young man. Is Zimmerman racists, there's no proof of that, what is apparent is he profiled this young man, period.
Help me out here...how did he profile?

He said he saw a young man, wandering about, that didn't belong in that area, it was raining, and he looked as if he was up to no good.

How is that profiling?

The 911 operator then asked what did he look like, asked was he white, black, hispanic?

Do you know why the 911 operator asked that? So that when the police are sent to the scene, they look for either a white, black or hispanic guy.

Zimmerman responded, "he looks black" AFTER he was asked, "is he white, black or hispanic".

How is that profiling? It's an observation.

If I see a black man walking down the street and someone asks me, "Hey, that man that just passed you, was he white, black or hispanic" and I reply, "he looked black", that's profiling?!

How?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
[quote=Sunnysee;23682174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.[/quote]

He dang sure does have a case! NBC.....in-bed with the BO administration and apparently the hateful, inciteful Sharpton and Jackson.

I so cherish free speech, but this editing the tape NBC did to make Zimmer sound racist was not free speech, it was a crime in some way....libelous or slanderous. Charge NBC with a crime?
This^^^^^^ all the questions some ask about why I post this or feel that^^^^^maybe if you paid attention or cared you would know.

So now people want zimmerman to profit from Trayvon's death?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Quote:
NBC supports the radical, Subversive agenda of BO and his administration. NBC announced right after BO won election that they were setting up shop right IN the White house.

FOX is far better and more trusted than NBC. That's why FOX is watched by so many folks, even libs.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
If you are seen by medical personnel in 'polic custody' a tox screen is sent. Guess what? Your permission is not asked for this.
So do you think there really was a toxicology screen done and the police are withholding that information? I mean, if Zimmerman was under the influence, then wouldn't he have been arrested and charged? All the news reports say he wasn't tested at all, but Martin (the victim) was tested which, to me, shows bias and racial profiling.

I really find it difficult to believe that no tests were taken at the scene, but I don't know why just about every news source is claiming the police didn't test him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies