Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

If someone is following me and asks me what I'm doing and I respond FU, I deserve to be killed for that?

You probably shouldn't respond as FU or be confrontational at all. You eitehr keep walking, answer if you want, or start a big deal over nothing and see what happens. Last time I was in a seedy area and asked what I was doing there, I knew better than to have an attitude back.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Different circumstances, none of us knows what occurred between Zimmerman and TM so it would be wise to refrain from comment going as far as to convict Zimmerman.
Nope, same circumstances.

You thought Trayvon got 'smart' with zimmerman, you know, 'chip on his shoulder' stuff. That's apparently what made zimmerman mad.

So, since this guy got smart with me (and I wasn't even addressing him) and started to take a few steps toward me, all the while cursing me out, would it be correct for me to shoot him?

Surely you have an opinion; you don't seem to be shy about expressing opinions regarding black youth...

Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
As a kid, were you allowed to be a smart azz with your adult neighbors?
My neighbors weren't allowed to shoot me if I did. Were yours?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
This is a common typo, I was in a hurry.
I've seen poor grammar and punctuation exhibited throughout much of your posts.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It seems Criminal that an arrest has not been made yet? Actually, it is Unbelieveable!!

All this hollow talk, but NO ACTION. WHY? Somebody get Clint Eastwood on this. GUARANTEE, he'd get some answers!!

Why dont you wait until they investigate and get all the facts Rambo? Quit pandering to Sharpton and his cronies

1,216 posts, read 1,082,520 times
You liberty ends where my nose begins. . . If TM was the aggressor and struck GZ, he got worst of the deal. . .I would have shot him as well.

We'll see what the facts and investigation reveal.

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
You probably shouldn't respond as FU or be confrontational at all. You eitehr keep walking, answer if you want, or start a big deal over nothing and see what happens. Last time I was in a seedy area and asked what I was doing there, I knew better than to have an attitude back.
Of course. I would not respond that way IRL. But, then again, I'm not a teenager!

I grew up in a 'bad' neighborhood. I know the protocol.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What words? What words dispute his? How can this be? NO ONE else was there, but he and Martin. NO WORDS have disputed what he says. No evidence has disputed what he says.

I'm really wanting to know what you know, which the rest of the world does not know? Not what you feel, not what you heard, but FACTS. What FACTS PROVE Zimmerman is lying? NONE. Notta. Zip. Zilich. They cannot be found, because they do not exist.

You can assume, "feel," and think whatever you want. The facts do not agree with you.
In addition there is an eyewitness who corroborated at least part of Zimmerman's story, where Martin was on top of him beating him just before the gun was fired.

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/23686057-post1591.html
One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help. Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head. Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

Last edited by CptnRn; 04-03-2012 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
What I want to know is with all those windows facing the crime scene, with loud screaming for a long time before the shot was fired, and at a time (7:30 ish) when most people are awake, how did NO ONE see what was happening when the shot was fired?
One witness did see part of the altercation and corraborated Zimmerman's statements regarding it. See the news story that I linked to previously in this thread.

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/23686057-post1591.html
One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help. Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head. Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

Last edited by CptnRn; 04-03-2012 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 AM

169 posts, read 337,679 times
Below are a few statistics. These are FACTS, not opinions. Source: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Statistically, Zimmerman had good sense to suspect the suspicious-looking Martin. This isn't racial profiling, it's good common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies