Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM

169 posts, read 337,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
should everytime that I see a white male near a child should I set off the alrms and confront them?
Absolutely. There are some sick white people out there, and I think you should confront any white person acting suspicious around a child.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,079,037 times
Quote:
Well if he was familiar to the area (actually he was) let zimmerman tell it he would have known him
You're fishing, TM does not live there, hence, GZ would not have known him.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,290,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Or, you can act like a civilized human being, call the cops and report the harrassment, instead of becoming violent and assaulting someone. If you're being assaulted and have a legitmate fear of being killed or severely injured, you have a right to defend yourself. To say that you should take a beating and not defend yourself is asinine. You don't want to take the risk of being shot? DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE.
Did you not hear the cry for help? If you don't want your butt kicked you should not be following people either. Like I said before what reason would Trayvon have to attack zimmerman? If zimmerman was harassing him by following him around don't you think that Trayvon has the right to defend himself as well?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Amazing how many people must have been witness to this event as most people have knowledge that i'm not privy to.As an example MSUdom's assertion that it was Trayvon who attacked Mr Z
I think the possibility exists that Trayvon could have been trying to stand his ground as some shady character was following him at night.
As a watch captain couldnt Zimmerman have called out and identified himself as the neighborhood watch captain?
How is my assertion any more ridiculous than the public's reaction to demand Z's arrest?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,367,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
whatever...using a gun in a fist fight is ***** ****...

if zimmerman didn't expect a possible altercation doing what he was doing, he would be a class A RETARD.
Still doesn't justify using violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Something that someone has yet to explain to me: why would someone first run away to evade their stalker only to turn around and decide to assault that person, unless they were fearing for their own safety?

A teenager who's minding his own business is being followed by an adult stranger, at night, in the rain, and in a neighborhood that is not his home. You can't tell me that wouldn't have put Martin in a worried state.
As per TM's girlfriends story, TM asked GZ "Why are you following me", and GZ asked "What are you doing here", why couldn't TM have responded with "My Dad's fiance lives here and I'm staying with them, leave me the hell alone" and left it at that? Why was there a need for violence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
"Hello, 911? Yes, I'm a young black male who's being followed by an older white gentleman"....that's likely to get a speedy response from law enforcement.
Yes, because all cops are racists who wouldn't even respond to a black kid calling 911 because some creep is following him. Do you really believe this crap?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
You're fishing, TM does not live there, hence, GZ would not have known him.
Trayvon had visited his father's a few times before and knew the area well enough to find the store.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Absolutely. There are some sick white people out there, and I think you should confront any white person acting suspicious around a child.
I did not say anything about being suspicious, I said a white man standing near a child!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,079,037 times
Quote:
Trayvon had visited his father's a few times before and knew the area well enough to find the store.
Originally Posted by simetime
Why would someone be considered to be the aggressor when they are being followed by an unknown person in a place that they are not that familiar with?

^^^First you say TM was not familiar with the area, now you say he knew the area well enough to find the store, your logic is amusing.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I did not say anything about being suspicious, I said a white man standing near a child!
Depends. Is the white man wearing a hoodie?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,580,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Asking someone "what are you doing here" is not a confrontation that warrants a fist as a response.
Maybe that's not all Zimmerman did. Maybe he physically accosted Martin. Someone physically accosts me, they will be restrained physically by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies