Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM

744 posts, read 811,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whoops. I should have read through all the posts before asking what "sturmgeist" means.
Um, yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Ignorant much?

My screen name is a tribute to native Americans who were slaughtered by White imperialism, it means storm spirit but I felt that was too feminine and people would think I was a girl so I just wrote it in German. Sorry, I guess German=Nazi to ignorant people like you.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not the way the law works, in some states you have a duty to retreat even if you feel threatened. Violence is a last resort in these states. In a state like Florida with the Castle Doctrine you do not have to retreat and may defend yourself. It's a very fine line but there is distinct difference between the ways each laws operate. For example some overzealous prosecutor can't decide to prosecute because they are second guessing your decision not to retreat. You can't just go killing people, you better have a reason to believe that your in harms way.
I agree. When these laws were being reported in local papers, I told a friend I was concerned this would lead to more justifiable homicides. (and it has) It was originally to protect someone who is in his home, car or feels threatened by deadly force. They often refer to is as "the line in the sand" where you "stand your ground" but in no way does it allow the person to follow someone. This is why the law doesn't apply to the Zimmerman-Martin case. However, some judges have ruled in favor of the shooter, based on a "perceived" threat. There was a case where 2 young men were killed and they never touched the shooter. He wasn't charged. In fact, one of the victims he shot was 20 feet away. However, he was in his own boat, if I remember correctly. Zimmerman wasn't at home or even near his residence.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
No, it didn't. I've already posted that the experts themselves who analyzed the call said they cannot be sure it wasn't Zimmerman. They also need to compare it to TM's voice. It was also stated that to have a definitive comparison you would need at least 10 words from each sample to compare. The one word of "help" isn't enough to be conclusive. Nothing was PROVED.
Where did you get that information?

[SIZE=3]Update On Trayvon Martin: Voice Crying For Help Not Zimmerman .[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]..[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Audio Experts: Voice Crying For Help on Trayvon Martin 911 Tape ...[/SIZE]

.....from faux?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
CptnRn. Read this and give us your police wisdom.

Trayvon Martin Case: Doctor Sees Little Evidence George Zimmerman Had Broken Nose - ABC News

Enhanced video footage of George Zimmerman about 30 minutes after he shot Florida teenager Trayvon Martin shows little evidence of a broken nose, the president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians said today.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined. You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman said.
One, I never said that his nose was broken so I don't know why are are asking me this. However, in my opinion its pretty irresponsible for a doctor to try and make a diagnoses from a fuzzy video. You can hardly see Zimmerman's nose, much less tell if it was injured or not. He wasn't there was he? The police who were at the scene did say that Zimmerman's nose was bleeding and he had a swollen lip. Obviously something had to have broken in order for it to be bleeding.

Quote:
Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel
When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head. Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

Quote:
The lead homicide investigator, Chris Serino, wrote in an affidavit that he recommended manslaughter charges be brought against Zimmerman but was advised by the prosecutor not to file charges because there was not enough evidence for a conviction, sources have told ABC News.

CptnRn? Why are you disputing what the investigating Detective says?
Where did I dispute what the investigating Detective says? I did no such thing. Why are you making things up?

Quote:
CptnRn: They said they didn't have enough evidence to convict.They didn't say they believed he was innocent. Why are you second guessing one of your own?
I'm not second guessing anyone, never happened. You said it your self above, the prosecutor advised against filing charges because there was not enough evidence for a conviction.

Why do you keep making false statements and making things up? Probably because that is the only way you can make a case against him.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Ah, so you were there too?
Nope, but as a person of color, we all tend to look "Suspicous" to alot of whites

Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
another neighbor chimes in.

Quote:
George Zimmerman's Sanford, Fla., neighbor, said the neighborhood watchman protected his residence from a potential burglary several weeks before shooting Trayvon Martin.

Taaffe said that "young black males" were the perpetrators in the attempted robbery of his home. "We had eight burglaries in our neighborhood all perpetrated by young black males in the 15 months prior to Trayvon being shot," Taaffe said. "It would have been nine."

"It is what it is," he added. "I would go on record by stating that of the eight prior burglaries in the 15 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, all of the perpetrators were young black males."
Zimmerman neighbor on rash of robberies by

Old 04-03-2012, 12:22 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Nope, but as a person of color, we all tend to look "Suspicous" to alot of whites
It's pretty hard not to look at least a little suspicious when you're on top of someone beating their head into a sidewalk.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 PM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, from CNN.

Analysts: Questions surround 911 call analysis in Trayvon Martin case | WTVR.com

(I posted this link yesterday.)

Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The right to bare arms was installed in you constitution - to give the people the power and means to get rid of corrupt - oppressive and criminal governments that might take root...This right to weaponry is not there to get rid of each other! The whole idea and reasoning for arms has gone far astray - You leave criminal governments in place who have their way with you....and you go about blaming your fellow citizens for the ALL the criminality that takes place...it's a mess...and not to sound extreme...but it seems all the wrong people are getting killed...Not that I believe in killing...but you sure can't get a bead on real problems...oh well...carry on and do your best....good luck- You are going to need it.

Are you saying that our own government is not corrupt?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So if TM called the cops, they showed up and listened to him explain that he's staying with his Dad's fiance, he's watching the NCAA play offs and he is coming back from the store with ice tea and skittles for his brother, that the cops would continue to harrass him and think he's a creep? At that point he would have made GZ look stupid, and who knows maybe GZ would have apologized and everyone been on their merry way. But hey, I guess it's better to avoid all those racist cops, the situation that actually went down went much better. Wow, this is a new level of stupid I didn't even know existed.
Gee, I wish that as a person of color living in the south that I had the option of dreaming that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies