Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times

Advertisements

Following that line, he would have fallen forward on top of Zimmerman, and Zimmerman would have had blood all over him from the gun shot wound. Zimmerman would have had to wiggle out from under him. As you say, this isn't Hollywood where you are blown back 10 feet.

I don't think he was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
He was shot from front, in chest.

And lying face down makes sense given he was on top of Zimmerman... This isn't Hollywood where a single 9mm blows you back 10 feet. People shot from the front crumple forward all the time.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
The point isn't just the conflict of interest. "Owen" is not an expert, either.
Sorry dude, but folks who work as expert witnesses have far more to lose than one payday. You don't risk you or your companies reputation for a quick buck.

as for Owen not being an expert....

From his vitas:

Certificate of Achievement, Electro-Acoustics Synergetic Audio Concepts, 1983

Completion of Voice Identification Course, 1985

Certification as Voice Identification Examiner, July 17, 1986 by the

International Association for Identification,
Life Member Kentucky Division
Life Member New Jersey Division

Audio Engineering Society NY Chapter Board of Directors 1989-1991 1996-1998

Chairman (1991 to Present) Audio Engineering Society WG0-12 Working Group
"Forensic Audio"

The American Board of Forensic Examiners - BCFE, ABFE Fellow, Life Member,

Board Certified, Homeland Security Advisory Board

Chairman Emeritus of the Board of Recorded Evidence - American College of Forensic

Examiners 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Diplomate in Audio/Video Authenticity and Voice Identification

Instructor "Southern Conference Seminar" Western Kentucky University 1992

Instructor "New York Institute for Forensic Audio" 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,2006, 2007

Special Deputy, Warren County Sheriff's Department, Bowling Green, KY

Court Qualified as expert in voice identification, audio and video authentication,
signal processing, tape enhancement, recording industry practices.

To date: New York Southern District, New York Eastern District, New York, Buffalo, and New York State Court. Philadelphia, PA; Bethlehem, PA; Hartford, CT; Bridgeport, CT; New York Rockland County; Raleigh, NC; Newark, NJ; Mays Landing, NJ; Tottawa, NJ; Nashville, TN; Savannah, GA; Carmel, NY; Dover, DE; Tulsa, OK; Louisville, KY; Los Angeles, CA; Bowling Green, KY; Alexandria, VA; Zenia, OH; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; NY Bronx Superior Court, Manhattan Supreme Court; NYPD Arbitration Hearing Board; Morganville, West Virginia; Fresno, CA; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Washington DC; Maryland; Florida; Idaho, Las Vegas, Nevada, Hartford, CT, Evanston, IL, Somerville, NJ, Brooklyn, NY, Miami, FL and others.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, in other words, you believe the Stand Your Ground law covers pursuing someone?

As I have said many times, words have meanings.
Even the sponsors of the law have contested that SYG would NOT cover Zimmerman in this case. I don't understand why it's still being argued. There is only a question of whether this was self defense, or murder.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There's some selective memory on your part.
Then list it. I have stated several times that I don't know what happened that night and I don't pretend to. I have several theories, but like I've said before, I think it could go either way. You seem to be convinced Zimmerman is guilty, and there's nothing that's going to change your mind.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Following that line, he would have fallen forward on top of Zimmerman, and Zimmerman would have had blood all over him from the gun shot wound. Zimmerman would have had to wiggle out from under him. As you say, this isn't Hollywood where you are blown back 10 feet.

I don't think he was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot.

I think this is the easiest part of the case, verifying GZ and TM positioning prior to the gunshot.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
He was shot from front, in chest.

And lying face down makes sense given he was on top of Zimmerman... This isn't Hollywood where a single 9mm blows you back 10 feet. People shot from the front crumple forward all the time.
So, he was on top of zimmerman when he was shot in the chest.

THAT'S why all that blood was all over zimmerman's shirt and jacket (not)!
No amount of cleaning at the scene would have gotten rid of all that blood, which is notorious for smearing and staining.

If he 'crumpled' forward it would have been right on top of zimmerman, no?

Or does the Mighty Zimmerman have the reflexes of a cheetah?
I'm beginning to believe he actually is some kind of superhero.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Then list it. I have stated several times that I don't know what happened that night and I don't pretend to. I have several theories, but like I've said before, I think it could go either way. You seem to be convinced Zimmerman is guilty, and there's nothing that's going to change your mind.

I agree with simpleman here. From what I've seen is a lot of supporters for Trayvon arguing like they know for a fact that Trayvon was just approached, shot, and killed. Others like SimpleMan and myself are not supporting either side as we acknowledge there is lack of evidence, things could have gone either way in regards to the aggressor, and we support a fair trial. Everything is speculation and theories otherwise. No one on these forums has the answers.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Sorry dude, but folks who work as expert witnesses have far more to lose than one payday. You don't risk you or your companies reputation for a quick buck.

From his vitas:

"Forensic Audio"

Chairman Emeritus of the Board of Recorded Evidence - American College of Forensic

Instructor "New York Institute for Forensic Audio" 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,2006, 2007

Court Qualified as expert in voice identification, audio and video authentication,

To date: New York Southern District, New York Eastern District, New York, Buffalo, and New York State Court. Philadelphia, PA; Bethlehem, PA; Hartford, CT; Bridgeport, CT; New York Rockland County; Raleigh, NC; Newark, NJ; Mays Landing, NJ; Tottawa, NJ; Nashville, TN; Savannah, GA; Carmel, NY; Dover, DE; Tulsa, OK; Louisville, KY; Los Angeles, CA; Bowling Green, KY; Alexandria, VA; Zenia, OH; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; NY Bronx Superior Court, Manhattan Supreme Court; NYPD Arbitration Hearing Board; Morganville, West Virginia; Fresno, CA; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Washington DC; Maryland; Florida; Idaho, Las Vegas, Nevada, Hartford, CT, Evanston, IL, Somerville, NJ, Brooklyn, NY, Miami, FL and others.

Like I posted before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Straight from the mouths of the experts who analyzed the tape:

"The experts, both of whom say they have testified in cases involving audio analysis, stressed they cannot say who was screaming. They have no samples of Martin's voice."

Who screams on 911 call in Trayvon Martin case? - CNN.com

Old 04-03-2012, 02:54 PM

179 posts, read 156,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

From his vitas:

"Forensic Audio"

You didn't read the link did you?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
The point isn't just the conflict of interest.
PS - you are clueless as to what conflict of interest means.

If Owen had found that it was Zimmerman's voice on the tape, the Sentinel would have had a HUGE scoop on all of the competition. It was in their interest to find out the facts of a key part of the case be the voice Zimmermans or Martins and either finding would have put the same amount of fuel on the fire.

So pleeze speak of those things that you know something about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies