Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well of course they do. But remember even if they do and she stands by her original story the usual suspects will be quick on the trigger to call her he second coming of Tawana Brawley.
No idea why they would do that.

Phone records prove she was on the phone with him, and she's already gone on the record about the conversation she had with the boy.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i believe that obama inserted himself into this situation with his own commentary. (my own would-be child). as black agenda report said, "well, he isn't the father".

there was no need for that, was there? he could have simply said that the grand jury was investigating and he would leave the decision up to them, but that isn't what he said-nor is that what he did in the boston beer summit incident. (in that one, obama admitted that he didn't have any of the facts, but that he was sticking up for his friend). what?

i am just saying that all of this politicizing by sharpton, jackson, the media, AND the president doesn't do a darn thing to actually solve the issue of what happened that night, and getting to the truth of the event. (whatever it is)

i feel it is about intimidation, instead of justice.
President Obama made a short four or five sentence comment in response to a question by a reporter and only the Obama haters could see it as anything but a heartfelt (and somewhat constrained, I thought) response to a question.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No idea why they would do that.
Then I can't help you, seriously.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Well of course they do. But remember even if they do and she stands by her original story the usual suspects will be quick on the trigger to call her he second coming of Tawana Brawley.
I would be interested to hear her side. I also thought that TM's Mom was submitting a voice sample to be analyzed, why haven't we heard about the results unless they are not in favor of TM?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn
George Zimmerman had good reasons to be worried about the amount of crime in his neighborhood!

It appears that Zimmerman had good reason to follow the suspect as well, since in that previous incident last February the suspect had escaped by the time the police got there to investigate.
Quote:
Justified concern does not excuse playing angry vigilante, especially when one is advised by the responding police force - who by the way arrived 1:00 after he chose to shoot Martin - not to and instead asked him to give them directions as to where to meet him.
He wasn't playing angry vigilante, he was fulfilling his role as Captain of the neighborhood watch program, helping to protect his neighborhood. He was not advised by the police to not follow Martin, they told him they didn't need him to do that. But Zimmerman had reason to believe otherwise because of a recent incident when a suspected burglar he had called in was gone by the time the police showed up.

Last edited by CptnRn; 04-03-2012 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I read the police report today, it looks like the boy was found lying on the ground face down.

Does anyone know if he was shot in the back or in the chest?
This is something I'm confused about.

I've been under the impression that he was shot in the chest.

Does it mean that he was shot from a distance and then fell forward?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM

409 posts, read 254,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Martin was shot while on top of Zimmerman trying to wrestle the gun out of his hand.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:

I don't think we'll have info as to the distance until the medical examiner's report is released. No one has mentioned any details re: powder burns or the lack thereof on Trayvon Martin's chest, or burns to his clothing, etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Actually you have the right to follow anyone around for any reason in public. If you know of any law contradicting my statement, please feel free to share.
This seems to encapsulate what I've been reading and hearing from lawyers discussing the case. You may follow someone, but that doesn't mean that it's legal or anything but creepy.

[quote]
--- It depends on the circumstances involved and your reasons for doing so. Just deciding to follow someone for no good reason can be considered a form of harassment or stalking. However if the subject is a public official then the whole thing changes. The courts have stated many times that public officials are fair game for public investigation.
--- There are other legitimate reasons for following people also such as private investigations, but they must be licensed investigators. You can follow someone at a reasonable distance and not enter into the harassment or stalking area if done correctly. If you stay at least 500 feet away at all times most courts won't take action UNLESS you have some pending legal actions or problems with the person you are following. Also, if you follow a person with intent to violate the law or for sexual purposes you can get into a LOT of trouble. Following someone that you suspect of say stealing from you would not be a problem if you don't create an incident or disturbance.
--- Without more information there really is no way to give your accurate information on this. You have to tell why you want to follow the person and if there is a problem between you or some legal action.
--- If you do follow someone unreasonably or without good reason you are chancing an arrest so you should really leave it to the professionals, though done properly no one would ever know you were doing it so it wouldn't be a problem.
--- Personally though I would advise you NOT to do it. There are too many ways to get into trouble. Not only that but what if the person detects you, gets scared and starts shooting? Then what? You may be the victim of a shooting but you would be the instigator of the causation incident that brought it about. Or you might just be dead and everyone left wondering why you were doing what you were doing.
Source(s):

Retired Deputy Sheriff

Can you get arrested for following someone? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Not true.

It doesn't take much of a bump for a nose to bleed; you don't have to have "something" broken - not at all.

I had a llama who headbutted me once, hitting me in the nose and causing it to bleed quite a bit. Nothing broken - just smacked hard enough to cause it to bleed. I also ended up with two slightly black eyes.
I didn't say broken bones or cartilage, in order for their to be bleeding there has to be broken skin or broken blood vessels, ruptured tissue. He clearly had been hit in the face, the police reported that his nose was bleeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies