Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
An interesting report on what the Martins were told by police according to Reuters
Investigator Chris Serino then took Martin to another room and told him Zimmerman's version of events.

Sanford police have stopped talking to reporters about the case, and Serino has never spoken publicly about his role in it, but here is how Martin recalls what Serino said: "He told me Zimmerman's story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?' Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I'm not following you.' He rolls his car windows up.

"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says ‘I don't have a problem.'

"Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman's mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'"
Trayvon Martin: Before the world heard the cries | Reuters

Sounds more like Mickey Spillane than a contemporary American teen.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
An interesting report on what the Martins were told by police according to Reuters
Investigator Chris Serino then took Martin to another room and told him Zimmerman's version of events.

Sanford police have stopped talking to reporters about the case, and Serino has never spoken publicly about his role in it, but here is how Martin recalls what Serino said: "He told me Zimmerman's story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, ‘Why are your following me?' Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon ‘I'm not following you.' He rolls his car windows up.

"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, ‘What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says ‘I don't have a problem.'

"Zimmerman starts to reach into his pocket to get his cellphone, and at that point Trayvon attacked him. He says Trayvon hits him. He falls on the ground. Trayvon jumps on top of him, takes his left hand and covers Zimmerman's mouth and tells him to shut the F up and continues to pound on him.

"At that point Zimmerman is able to unholster his weapon and fire a shot, striking Trayvon in the chest. Trayvon falls on his back and says, 'You got me.'"
Trayvon Martin: Before the world heard the cries | Reuters

Now will someone explain to me at what point in Zimmerman's uninterrupted call to police did he relay that Martin had confronted him while he was in his vehicle and that they actually exchanged words?

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman:

He looks black.

911 dispatcher:

Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman:

That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher:

He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman:

OK.

These aszholes. They always get away.

When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and you go left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse. [1:39]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?

Zimmerman:

Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running. [2:08]

911 dispatcher:

He’s running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman:

Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood. [2:14]

911 dispatcher:

OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?

Zimmerman:

The back entrance.

[It sounds like Zimmerman says under his breath, ‘F-ing coons’ at 2:22]

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
I'm sorry to have to correct you on this point, but facts are facts. The police notified the parents that morning and even brought a chaplain with them. When you add in the detective's desire to arrest Zimmerman that the officers of the Department appear to be less and less incompetent.

[url=http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403]Trayvon Martin: Before the world heard the cries | Reuters[/url]

That's okay. I've been wrong before. The police report indicates that police tape was used to secure the scene and the gun was entered into evidence and, when the news of this shooting first became headline news, the opposite was reported.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Who would say "you got me" when shot in the chest? I used to do that when we played Cowboys and Indians (very politically incorrect, but what did we know?)

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM

17,415 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes...the voice of the living participant, his father, his brother and a friend or two. As for ignoring the video, that's your loss; there is a map of the development and where certain events happened. That would have added greatly to your knowledge base regarding the story. Clearly some people
have no interest in learning more, having made up their minds. The rest of us seek answers.
No. Sigh.

You said there are two sides to every story and proceeded to post links that said that it wasn't Zimmerman's voice on the 911 tape. Links that have been posted numerous times in this thread over the last several days.

I said we've only been hearing one story up until now - the one story being the "expert" saying it wasn't Zimmerman's voice.

I have no interest in learning more from a network who's coverage of this incident is decidedly one-sided. Clearly, some people like their news spoon fed and cannot search out a more balanced perspective.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
So, according to the Reuter's report on what Martin's father says police told him.

Quote:
Quote:
Zimmerman, who had a perfect opportunity to tell Martin why he was following him from the safety of his vehicle, who gives chase while uttering words of anger, gets confronted by Martin who only hits Zimmerman he reaches in his pocket! Now as Richard Pryor once clearly pointed out, when a black man reaches into his pocket he better do it slowly and deliberately because any African American with a bit of sense knows that more than a few black men have been shot just reaching for their wallet that Martin, having been chased and cornered wouldn't perceive that as a threatening movement requiring at least a left jab. I also would like to point out that at no time, according to Martin's father did Zimmerman state that Martin had made a grab for his gun (not that it matters because based upon Zimmerman's story Martin would have had every reason to do so).

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Who would say "you got me" when shot in the chest? I used to do that when we played Cowboys and Indians (very politically incorrect, but what did we know?)
I thought that sounded very contrived along with "you're going to die tonight."

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Word on the street is...all the cold creepy people support Zimmerman...the intelligent good and kind people do not, That's my little poll.....folks that have murder in their hearts like the idea of gunning someone down...This case has shown me that is not about whether Zimmerman is guilty....it has shown me a divide in attitude that clearly illustrates what people are pro-killing and who are not.
You're right. If Zimmerman is tried for this crime, it will set a horrible precedent for these folks. It will be highly publicized that a person with aggressive tendencies has no right to stalk and kill an unarmed teenager, just because he feels like doing so. It will also bring this insane SYG law, as it is now written, to the forefront where it will be scrutinized and ripped to shreds. These people will have major problems with both of these issues.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
So, according to the Reuter's report on what Martin's father says police told him.

Zimmerman, who had a perfect opportunity to tell Martin why he was following him from the safety of his vehicle, who gives chase while uttering words of anger, gets confronted by Martin who only hits Zimmerman he reaches in his pocket! Now as Richard Pryor once clearly pointed out, when a black man reaches into his pocket he better do it slowly and deliberately because any African American with a bit of sense knows that more than a few black men have been shot just reaching for their wallet that Martin, having been chased and cornered wouldn't perceive that as a threatening movement requiring at least a left jab. I also would like to point out that at no time, according to Martin's father did Zimmerman state that Martin had made a grab for his gun (not that it matters because based upon Zimmerman's story Martin would have had every reason to do so).
I thought about this earlier. Maybe Zimmerman actually was reaching for his gun and not his phone.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
My post was all of the above and then some. I'm glad it came across EXACTLY as I wanted it too. You have an idiot, running around on an internet forum, talking like they know what they are talking about, when they have no clue.

Her ignorance and stupidity show through, every time she posts. She has no clue what she is talking about, when it comes to a criminal investigation. Yet, she posts as if her thoughts, opinions, etc are gospel.

And you sir, are doing NOTHING but helping the ignorant fool out. So, you can also count yourself in her corner.
That's mam, not sir and I will gladly take her corner over yours any day. That is the second time that I have seen you attack her personally. I guess you haven't read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies