Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, that's about how often most of us call the police, roughly six times a year, NOT!

So cute, so pointless.
I was correcting misinformation, of which I'm getting ready to do again below.

As for your second comment - why do you even care? It wasn't directed at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's not as much the amount of calls as the subject of the calls. Potholes, garbage and open garage doors. In NYC we have a special # for those types of complaints. We don't tie up the 911 energency line and would probably be fined if we did. Zimmerman was quite the nitpicking alarmist.
He didn't tie up 911 either. Again, I'd urge you to get your facts straight before you post ... the amount of repeated misinformation in your posts is getting to be alarming.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Quit allowing your personal emotions to guide your thoughts in this case. Emotions were not designed to be part of a criminal trial.

You are one of the only people making sense on this thread.
I appreciate your perspective.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I was correcting misinformation, of which I'm getting ready to do again below.

As for your second comment - why do you even care? It wasn't directed at you.

He didn't tie up 911 either. Again, I'd urge you to get your facts straight before you post ... the amount of repeated misinformation in your posts is getting to be alarming.

Were you a witness? Are you a Sanford LEO? Do you have access to sealed documents and evidence? If not, far too many posts have been made based solely on personal opinion, and one self-admittedly made without being supported by a preponderance of information, since much that might have proved helpful has been rejected out of hand due to a
prejudice against the sources. It would be informative for all of us if you'd cite sources that buttress your "opinions."

Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Were you a witness? Are you a Sanford LEO? Do you have access to sealed documents and evidence? If not, far too many posts have been made based solely on personal opinion, and one self-admittedly made without being supported by a preponderance of information, since much that might have proved helpful has been rejected out of hand due to a
prejudice against the sources. It would be informative for all of us if you'd cite sources that buttress your "opinions."
The Trayvon Martin case: 4 things the media got wrong - The Week

I accept your apology in advance.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Lots of words in this thread, but it begs the question:

Has anyone EVER change their point-of-view based on what's posted in a intraweb forum?

Doubtful
I have at times.

Quote:
I've been wondering this as well. Sunday on Geraldo, the parent's attorney said they were turning over a voice sample immediately.

The quotes from the so-called voice recognition experts didn't sit well with me at all either - saying that the voice's tone was that of a young man. Voice-wise, there isn't THAT big of a difference between a 17 year old and a 28 year old man.

And the 911 tapes of Zimmerman talking to dispatch - well, he didn't really have much bass in his voice. In the beginning, it wasn't a stretch for me at all to believe he was the one screaming. Especially when it was reported that Zimmerman said he was screaming (before he knew that an audio recording existed) and that there was a witness (or witnesses) that said he was screaming.

But the rampant - and sometimes downright INSANE - speculation is just plain nuts.
Yes, and 48 hours later, the results haven't been released. The horror!

Quote:
An opinion piece.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have at times.

Yes, and 48 hours later, the results haven't been released. The horror!

An opinion piece.
Oh, so you know they turned them over to be analyzed? Do tell ...

And yeah, my bad. I didn't realize that the link I posted included such obvious opinions & not hard cold facts like ...

Quote:
Friends, classmates, and family members have all described Trayvon Martin as an easy-going teenager. But some conservative media outlets have "gone to shocking and disgusting lengths to impugn Martin," says Ben Adler at The Nation. The Daily Caller published Martin's Twitter feed, and the tweets became part of a broader smear campaign that included reports that Martin was suspended from school for possessing an empty bag with traces of marijuana, as if to say that "by being a normal teenager he was a bad person who deserved what happened to him."
I'm sure you're going to call me out on that ^ too ... right?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
It will be interesting to see what the investagations brings.I agree with much of the post that the Media and these civil rights folks (Sharpton and J Jackson) ave pretty much sentenced Mr. Zimmerman.
Personally I expect more from these folks, since they are for the common man.
The reality is the State of florida wants to build a solid case and not botch this up like the Casey anthney Trail. Let's see what happens.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:

The Week? The Week is the sole source of this "special" knowledge? This bastion of journalism? Hahahaha! It's been posted many times on this forum that intelligent people draw their information from a variety of sources, then think about the facts and make informed decisions. After laughing this hard I owe you a drink, not an apology!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
The Week? The Week is the sole source of this "special" knowledge? This bastion of journalism? Hahahaha! It's been posted many times on this forum that intelligent people draw their information from a variety of sources, then think about the facts and make informed decisions. After laughing this hard I owe you a drink, not an apology!
You do realize that The Week draws it's information from a variety of sources, right? It is a compilation of news stories from around the world. Do you require a huffpo or dailykoz version?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
The misreporting of Zimmerman's amount of calls to the police have been reported in several different media outlets.

I actually posted the one above because it offered BOTH sides of this story - misinformation that has been reported on both Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. And not obviously slanted ... such as a NBC or MSNBC piece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies