Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one is claiming that there was not a confrontation, but let's get real, from the description given of the encounter before the video was released, it sounded as if Zimmerman was being beaten to a pulp. If he was on the ground, he most likely fell which would account for a bruise or mark. But it was stated that his head was repeatedly banged against the ground and that is not what this mark is showing.
All the video shows when "enhanced" is one shadow on a head.

That's it.

Compare that to the statement from Zimmermans lawyer. Broken Nose. Huge gash that should have been stitched. Head slammed against the pavement.

Does his appearance in the video match that? Scratch even the appearance of his body... does they way he is acting, the way he is walking even, match that?

Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Of course this is all speculation on my part but to me it explains why Trayvon was angry as described by Zimmerman.

Interesting point but I think burglarizing homes where no one knows you would be better from a criminal's perspective. Also he would be home when everyone else is at work or school. Prime time fir burglars looking to fund a weed habit.
LOL...."weed habit". Wish I could find somebody to fund mine.

But anyway.....No, that wouldn't make more sense. You don't have a good layout of the land, you don't know the neighbors to know who works and who doesn't. Burglarizing homes during the day in a strange neighborhood is a terrible idea.

It would seem to me that casing homes for signs of activity, possible stuff to steal, would require a bit of concentration on the part of the would-be thief. Can't imagine doing this type of stuff while distracted on a cellphone.

BTW, why would Trayvon be angry at being caught casing homes? Seems the logical reaction to being discovered as a thief would be fright and/or nervousness.

This is all speculation anyway, so it's completely irrelevant. Unless you're suggesting that Zimmerman is psychic and knew of Trayvon's trouble before he started following him?

Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Don't know don't care. Evidently the police had his story and noted his appearance and declined to arrest him. That is the most important fact in this case.
That would be putting the trust 100% in a police department that has had issues in the past.

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It looks like Zimmerman may have some type of mental disorder based on the log of his calls to the 911 operator. Who calls 911 multiple times to report potholes and garbage bags with glass in them?

George Zimmerman 911 Call History

Trayvon Shooter's 911 Calls: Potholes, Piles of Trash

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one is claiming that there was not a confrontation, but let's get real, from the description given of the encounter before the video was released, it sounded as if Zimmerman was being beaten to a pulp. If he was on the ground, he most likely fell which would account for a bruise or mark. But it was stated that his head was repeatedly banged against the ground and that is not what this mark is showing.
Not to mention that if your head is banged on the ground repeatedly, it's not going to be just one small area of your head that is affected. The entire back of Zimmerman's head should have been bruised, swollen and/or cut.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
There does appear to be a dark line on the back of Zimmerman's head. Don't know if it is just a crease in his head (some bald guys have this) or if it's a cut. But his collar is not dark and/or stained, so this doesn't look like a deep wound and definitely not a gash.

It might just be the lighting, because it gets a bit weird when it gets to this point of the tape. At first the line is horizontal, then it turns vertical. Watch from point 1:06 to see this line.
I agree but only myself and Itsim noticed it last night. I couldn't tell if it was a bald spot or a laceration. The problem I have with folks jumping up and down over this video is it is not new. Presumably the police noted his appearance. Where are the photographs? The DA has all of this info and has still declined to charge him yet.

I'll say this I do think Zimmerman could have defused the situation without shooting him dead. Whether he can claim self defense with minor wounds would be up to the court.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
What's interesting is that last night, when this video came out, it was played over and over on our news, and I never saw the line. Showed it to my hubby, he never saw this line. The only comment about the back of his head that was made is that one of the police glanced at the back of his head and then wiped his hands on his uniform after patting down Zimmerman. Now I can't access the video shown last night to compare it to these stills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not to mention that if your head is banged on the ground repeatedly, it's not going to be just one small area of your head that is affected. The entire back of Zimmerman's head should have been bruised, swollen and/or cut.

754 posts, read 1,739,454 times
Quote:
1. Zimmerman's observation of him
2. Trayvon being caught at school with "burglary tools"
3. Trayvon being on suspension. He would have a lot of time in two weeks to go back and burglarize the homes.

COME ON! You cannot possibly be serious with this!

1. Zimmerman did not observe anything but a black, male teenager walking down the street. Hardly grounds for suspicion, unless you you find all black teenage males suspicious.

2. I have "burglary tools" in my bag right now. I bet you do too. Credit cards can be used to commit burglary, so can nail files. I guess we are all guilty! And I have NEVER been arrested, not even so much as have a parking ticket on my record.

3. That is ridiculous. I live in a fairly upscale pre-dominantly white neighborhood, and many of the white kids in my neighborhood get suspended for all sorts of wrongdoings. I suspect you wouldn't say by virtue of them being suspended they are on the prowl to convict felonious crimes.

You speak as if Martin had no right at all to be in that neighbor which is ridiculous. His FATHER lived there, why would him walking in his FATHER'S neighborhood be suspicious and warrant accusations of potential burglary?

102 posts, read 147,168 times
Shouldnt this be about justice being served. I havent read alot about what has happened, but its hard to ignore it when its everywhere. My question is, is if Zimmerman and Trayvon did get in to a fist fight how was the shooting death of Trayvon okay. He did not have any type of weapon on him that her could do serious damage with. Is it POSSIBLE that something could be mentally wrong with Zimmerman. Especially if claims that he was not even apart of the neighborhood watch are found out to be true. Another things what is the big deal about the hoodie, I see plenty of people jogging in the morning, white and black wearing a hoodie and they are not followed. Maybe if Zimmerman would have listened to the officer when he was told not to follow the person all of this could of been avoided. I hope that the racial tension stops, and both families can move on from this tragedy that is affecting both sides. Of course Zimmermans family is going to say he is innocent, and of course Trayvons family is going to want justice. Wouldnt you do either one of these if it was your family member?

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
All the video shows when "enhanced" is one shadow on a head.

That's it.

Compare that to the statement from Zimmermans lawyer. Broken Nose. Huge gash that should have been stitched. Head slammed against the pavement.

Does his appearance in the video match that? Scratch even the appearance of his body... does they way he is acting, the way he is walking even, match that?
I agree. The way he is walking and handling himself displays no signs of pain, exhaustion, dizziness, fatigue, nervousness or any signs of trauma...IMO.

He could be walking into a movie theater after a leisurely dinner by the look of his clean and neat unruffled clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies