Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

As long as a full investigation is held, hopefully justice will be served. I imagine the prosecuter has enough to go on to bring charges.

Florida only requires indictment by grand jury if the defendant is to be charged with a crime punishable by death. Probably, Zimmerman is going to be charged with a lesser type of murder, such as “manslaughter,” that’s not subject to the death penalty.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just some facts to keep things straight. I did not witness this altercation hence, I have no judgment of anything in this matter.

Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate
Honestly, I don't see what difference it makes. It doesn't negate the fact that his father could have friends in high (judicial) places.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
The video is extremely blurry and you can't make a judgement call based on it.

Why would someone shoot another person if they didn't fear for their life?
hmmmm, possibly drunk, possibly racist more than likely both

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just some facts to keep things straight. I did not witness this altercation hence, I have no judgment of anything in this matter.

Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate
It would not be outlandish to assume that the elder Mr. Zimmerman has connections that might or might not have been used to influence decisions on prior charges against his son on three occasions.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Sorry but you have it backwards. Martin was the one casing the neighborhood and Zimmerman was the one defending it and his life.
What in da hell did you get that from? I guess all blacks go to neighborhood to neighborhood "casing" them. The young man had a promising future why would he ruining it doing that. You should wipe your fingers off from all of that [MOD CUT] that you are posting

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-29-2012 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: language

Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Honestly, I don't see what difference it makes. It doesn't negate the fact that his father could have friends in high (judicial) places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It would not be outlandish to assume that the elder Mr. Zimmerman has connections that might or might not have been used to influence decisions on prior charges against his son on three occasions.
All, completely true and plausible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
His son didn't physically attack someone who was carrying a gun for self protection.
Got video to prove that he was attacked?

You keep saying you're waiting for all the facts to 'come out', but it is clear you side with the killer.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:08 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Why couldn't Trayvon be in fear of his life? Why is it that you can stand your ground by shooting someone to death, but can't stand your ground with your hands. If Trayvon did hit Zimmerman, why couldn't he have been standing his ground?

I can't believe someone asked why someone would shoot someone if their life wasn't in danger. It is like saying why would someone take something that didn't belong to them or why would someone say something that wasn't the truth or why would someone take drugs if they didn't need them....smh

Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Oh, yes, but of course. We all know that the black people who live in Africa are a peaceful people. They are the model for all US Blacks to strive toward.

I know some African people and they are really nice folks. That's the only thing preventing me from saying what I really want to say to you.
I admire your restraint.

When I read that post, I wanted to burn up the keyboard, but it's a company keyboard...and my post would just get deleted.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Got video to prove that he was attacked?

You keep saying you're waiting for all the facts to 'come out', but it is clear you side with the killer.
This^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies