Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Acceptance is the first step necessary. Welcome aboard.

Perfect opportunity? Well, in real world, there is no such thing as a magic wand. Obama admitted a road to long recovery. Thinking people knew it will takes years to get back after a debacle of a decade.

Well, 9/11 did happen under Bush's watch. I can't imagine the turmoil if it had happened under Clinton, much less now under Obama. But the issue with 9/11 or anything along the lines happening has little to do with who is in office and more to do with what the person in-charge's approach is to tackling the problem. And there was nothing great about Bush's approach, unless you fully supported wars Afghanistan and Iraq then and do so today. Do you?

No, the problem is with the lack of understanding of realities, of efforts and of statements, that plagues the typical "conservative". You seem to "know" that the economy isn't recovering and yet the political landscape is now fixated on God, Gays and Guns. And Racial issues. And Women. There's a reason for that.
I know it's not recovering based on facts like the ones I posted previously in this thread and the fact that obama is destroying our energy sector of the economy which is needed in a robust economy and pushing a green economy. I know facts are hard things for some liberals to accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's only excused as "a long recovery" because Obama has done nothing to improve it. When history has shown quick rebounds from much worse conditions, it's supposed to take long because nothing is improving under Obama.

Obama is like an incompetent carpenter, who tells a home owner that it will take years to build that garage, when any other carpenter could have it completed in a month or so.
The stimulous was suppsed to fix it all. Now nobody mentions that mess. It in reality has made things worse. Obama's quest to destroy the coal and oil industry in favor of green energy is a debacle only beginning to take hold. His yelps of oil being a thing of the past in his attacks on oil is utter incompetence.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The stimulous was suppsed to fix it all. Now nobody mentions that mess. It in reality has made things worse. Obama's quest to destroy the coal and oil industry in favor of green energy is a debacle only beginning to take hold. His yelps of oil being a thing of the past in his attacks on oil is utter incompetence.
Any economist would tell you the stimulus helped the recession from being worse than it was.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Give me an example of such worse situation. Remember, we're talking about 8.8 million private sector jobs lost within two years.
Show me a useful statistic for "Americans who have lost their jobs" during a given time period.

Obama is the only president who saw a net job loss during his presidency. He is historic, I'll give him that.

My point is, and will be, that this was Obama's chance to shine, and he utterly failed.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Yes it is a recovery.

More folks have access to food stamps.
More folks have extended unemployment benefits.
Anyone can get a student loan now that the government took it over.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Show me a useful statistic for "Americans who have lost their jobs" during a given time period.

Obama is the only president who saw a net job loss during his presidency. He is historic, I'll give him that.

My point is, and will be, that this was Obama's chance to shine, and he utterly failed.
That is incorrect. Obama has grown jobs.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Any economist would tell you the stimulus helped the recession from being worse than it was.
LOL. Some recovery.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:59 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Nearly half of US households receive some form of government benifit.
You do realize that it is possible to be in the process of an economic recovery and still have nearly half of US households receive some form of government benefit right?

A recovery is an upward trend, not a certain state of any soft indicator like number of households with an upside down mortgage being under a certain number.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 PM

Listen you obama supporters can spin it all you want but when half the country is receiving government bennies because they can't find work then there is no recovery. It's pretty gdam simple. I don't know why you swooners don't just admit your wrong about this fool and vote him out on his keyster where he should be. Then he can live off the government dole community organizing like he was before. The man's never held a real job in his life to begin with.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:01 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Listen you obama supporters can spin it all you want but when half the country is receiving government bennies because they can't find work then there is no recovery. It's pretty gdam simple. I don't know why you swooners don't just admit your wrong about this fool and vote him out on his keyster where he should be. Then he can live off the government dole community organizing like he was before. The man's never held a real job in his life to begin with.
The con. eco. theory you want to fall head first back to has shown to be a failure. The Pres. is trying, with no help from the Repub.,to get this country moving forward again. He will be re-elected as even you will be unable to support Mr.steal my pension and load me with debt Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies