Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Thats probably a good thing! FB is the devil
True dat... I say as I just signed off my Facebook page, LOL.

You should have seen that exchange between me & my grandmother - it was hilarious! She was talking about how my cousin just had a baby, so I whipped out my iPhone and pulled up some photos through the FB app... she was like "Why do you already have pictures of him, and how did they get on your PHONE? She lives in New Jersey, and you're not even that close with her!" I tried to explain, but it was like trying to explain physics to a kindergartner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Totally. That limp-wristed ****** is such a wuss. A real man would have stood his ground and shot that uppity *****.
No one should have shot anyone. Jesus, you metro guys are so emotional over nothing. Us country guys have been in fights galore. No weapons, just fists. No one goes whinning later if they lost. I would not turn this lady in for that.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
You have no proof the she attacked him because he was gay. I know many people, and. I'm sure most people do, who, in the heat of the moment, say very stupid things. Not saying what she did was right just that the motive is still a little shady.

No. If the mods hadn't deleted my other post you would see that I said that she deserves an assault charge but the hate crime crap is bs. I think the fact that shes an old lady beating up a young man is what's so funny.
If she's yelling gay slurs at him as she attacked him, oh, yes, the law does have proof that she did it because he was gay.
She outed him on Facebook earlier.

As a homeschooled 17 year old, you don't know that many people, but nice try.
In the heat of the moment, many truths come out. Obviously, she, as well as many in this thread, are haterosexuals.
An older man raping a young woman would be okay and funny in your eyes?

Why is one class protected from the crimes they commit and others (let's say young black men) get harsher sentences for any crime? Is that fair?
Well, perhaps it is in your US, not in mine.

Don't commit a crime and you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am 60, some consider me elderly. I know of no 25 year old who would have any trouble detaining me. If she needs a cane to get around, she isn't that strong.

All we have heard from is the gay actor. I hope he has recovered from her life-threatening tongue-lashing. Is he in I.C.U.?
Another person who didn't read the articles.
And your attacking the victim is heard loud and clear.

She tried to choke him and beat him with her cane. She attacked this guy's mother, as well.
You think that's okay?

If they laid a hand on her, she'd sue.
They did what was appropriate.
She old bat didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Of course the homosexual couldn’t take the high ground and simply shrug off or laugh off the entire non-incident. That would have been a headline. An old lady, possibly senile, flips out and this 25 year old able bodied flower couldn’t walk away or otherwise handle it. Yet another poor reflection of the homosexual and this case highlights the homosexual as a weak, spineless, vindictive lot.

Your hatero qualities are showing.
Why should he have let an assault go? The woman outed him; she pushed her way into their home and attacked both him and his mother and tried to choke him with her cane.
Her son agreed with the charges.

So, if it were a straight guy who called the cops it would be ok, but because he’s gay, it’s not?

Okay, I’ve got your agenda.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
True dat... I say as I just signed off my Facebook page, LOL.

You should have seen that exchange between me & my grandmother - it was hilarious! She was talking about how my cousin just had a baby, so I whipped out my iPhone and pulled up some photos through the FB app... she was like "Why do you already have pictures of him, and how did they get on your PHONE? She lives in New Jersey, and you're not even that close with her!" I tried to explain, but it was like trying to explain physics to a kindergartner.

Yea I have a grandmother who is 92 and its the same way. Its like Im speaking a foreign language...

Old 03-31-2012, 12:24 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
I even forgot to bring up the difference in the victimizing. One crime victimizes a family in that they have to make a trip to the Home Depot, spend 20 bucks, and spend an hour resoding.

The other crime did that too, but additionally victimized a whole community. It instill fear in all the Jews in the surrounding area (if rainbow flags were being burning in the lawns of gay people in my neighborhood I'd be pretty darn scared - I might go so far as to alter evening plans and try my best to implement a buddy system). It breeds feelings of animosity and resentment in the local Jewish community. It plants seeds of doubt and self-hatred in the minds Jewish kids telling them that being Jewish is wrong and that they probably somehow deserve to be hated.
Bingo, and well said.

We briefly had a string of homophobic crimes occurring in the Castro ("gay district" of San Francisco), and for the first time in decades our local gay community was living in fear... my gay friends were afraid to walk alone through that neighborhood, which is usually a very safe place for anyone. Luckily things eventually calmed down and returned to normal, but I completely get what you're saying here.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:27 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Read his post again, this time with your eyes fully open... he's not talking about "hurt feelings," he's talking about how the motivations are relevant to their long-term criminal potential. Some teenager who was bored and decided to vandalize a random piece of property, versus somebody who specifically targeted an individual based on their religion/race/etc - which one do you think is more likely to commit increasingly serious crimes in the future? That is the point. Get it now??
You realize we don't prosecute people for crimes they might commit at some time in the future? While I'm sure some would like to live in a Minority Report world most of us would consider that somewhat dystopian.

But if you really want to use your own straw man, the teenage vandal is probably far more likely to end up a 3-striker than a loudmouthed bigot. I don't know the background of the crazy lady but unless she's already established a pattern of violence, I'd guess she's unlikely to go off on a cane-killing spree.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
No one should have shot anyone. Jesus, you metro guys are so emotional over nothing. Us country guys have been in fights galore. No weapons, just fists. No one goes whinning later if they lost. I would not turn this lady in for that.
I just can't belive the inhumanity, the un-Christlikeness, the outright disgusting acceptance or even celebration of violence some people find completely acceptable (not to mention the dehumanizing slurring of entire groups of people by referring to them as f*gs or ni**ers or k**es, etc). It just boggles my mind. I just don't get how this f*g is a girly man wuss for not welcoming and accepting violence being done upon him. That seems bassackwards to me.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
If I hate hate is that a crime, too?

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Good

why not convict her before saying good, or is it now these days that people ae guilty until proven innocent?

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You realize we don't prosecute people for crimes they might commit at some time in the future? While I'm sure some would like to live in a Minority Report world most of us would consider that somewhat dystopian.
Yeah, but we do base sentencing, to a degree, upon such judgements upon every criminal conviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies