Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Can you provide examples?

It's more likely that you've been misinofrmed by "organizations" with a profit-driven agenda.

Intentional Disinformation of Climate Deniers

Creation of Front Groups to Cause Global Warming Doubt | Planetsave

Global Warming Contrarians | Union of Concerned Scientists

The fact of the matter is that the fossil fuel industry makes a big effort to misinform the public about global warming. And it's easy for them to do. Most folks have a poor grasp of what science is and how it works. Besides, big oil/coal/gas has LOTS of funds available to promote GW denial. Scientists are forever in a battle for limited funding for their research. The side with more money "wins" in our culture.
your links would be good examples of what I am talking about. as well as your one sided rhetoric. you talk about the oil companies and the millions of dollars that fund part of that equation.

but the oil companies fund as much on the CAGW side as well. then there is the billions that that big government give to the CAGW crowd. BILLIONS of dollars driving the CAGW machine.

at least be honest. good grief. All anyone has to do is read the CRU emails and you know full well that Michael Mann and those guys were absolutely out for blood on anyone who disagreed with them. They stated clearly it was their intention to get any editor fired who published any study that didn’t agree with their position.

I can go on and on. SCIENTISTS running the IPCC report and SCIENTISTS letting non-science get into the report saying things that are contrary to the known scientific facts but it was good propaganda.

There are real reasons why people like me who read scientific papers (on a lot more than just climate) have a mistrust for scientists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Everything I know about Science I learned on "The Big Bang Theory".

Other than that, I find science boring.

bazinga!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Again, 52% of liberals and moderates distrust scientists. that number is unchanged in the last 40 years.

why are we picking on conservatives over a 7% change in that number over a 40 year period?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
I guess the OP gibes with the recent findings about the average IQ of conservatives vs liberals, which itself can be correlated with the belief by conservatives that climatologists are a buncha liberals and hippies that have a leftwing liberal commie agenda to destroy business.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
I believe in science.

I simply don't believe in man made global warming - the type that Al Gore was crying about.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Some of the greatest scientific minds of old were devout christians. It's a shame science and religion are pretty mutually exclusive these days.
Agreed.

[in my opinion both are for the purpose of providing answers]

Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I believe in science.

I simply don't believe in man made global warming - the type that Al Gore was crying about.

Al Gore?

1. Climate Change -- the scientific debate - YouTube

2. Climate Change -- the objections - YouTube

There are 3 more vids in this series

Last edited by Woof; 04-13-2012 at 02:01 PM..

Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
you may not have heard.

Al Gore made a movie about it. it was so good he got a nobel prize.

problem is, it was so bad the English wont allow it shown in their schools because the science was so wrong....Al worked with top Climatologists on the science for the film.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you may not have heard.

Al Gore made a movie about it. it was so good he got a nobel prize.

problem is, it was so bad the English wont allow it shown in their schools because the science was so wrong....Al worked with top Climatologists on the science for the film.
That's addressed later in the video series, the important thing is the review of the science, NOT what Gore's opinion was.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default Chaos redefined

Science is dymnamic, even terms like 'chaos' are being redefined.

What pols claim as science is not science, it is fraud. Science is being redefined by politicians, activists and the media.

"The geometry of Fractals brings us a new appreciation for the natural world
and the patterns we observe in it.
Many things previously called chaos are now known to follow subtle subtle fractal laws of behavior. So many things turned out to be fractal that the word "chaos" itself (in operational science) had redefined, or actually for the FIRST time Formally Defined as following inherently unpredictable yet generally deterministic rules based on nonlinear iterative equations. Fractals are unpredictable in specific details yet deterministic when viewed as a total pattern - in many ways this reflects what we observe in the small details & total pattern of life in all it's physical and mental varieties, too ...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies