Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Why isn't the rest of the globe reporting the epidemic numbers?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
GMO crops would be my first guess. We eat foods and sweeteners (in EVERYTHING) that are modified with the genes from a field bug. Go figure there'd be side effects.
GMO crops and microwaved headed food INSIDE plastic containers are my top two guesses why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I think Obamas' on the right track challanging the supreme court to uphold his healthcare program.
I disagree with ANY legislation that is Un-Consititutional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bingo. Just like the new crop of resistant bacteria found in the hospitals or the insecticide resistant weeds that are now growing with crops, these changes take time to evolve.

We have become more dependent on chemicals over the past several decades. It's in our food and our throw-away containers. We're exposed and ingesting this all the time.

I don't think it's JUST better diagnosing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Almost everyone I know who religiously gets the flu vaccine has come down with a flu just about every year. They will give you the flu.
There is no live flu in the flu vaccine...you can't get the flu from it.
Geezus...where do people come up with this stuff?
Not in the shot no, but in the nasal mist there are live cultures.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The MSM is reporting a spike in autism of 78 percent, and the odds of having an autistic child is now 1 in 88.

CDC: U.S. kids with autism up 78% in past decade - CNN.com

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

They are still trying to push that "better diagnosis" route, but I think that most people believe by now that something is causing autism, and it's something that some powerful interest doesn't want let out of the bag. My three top culprits are:

Vaccines
Food
Pollution

The FDA keeps denying any link between any of those things and autism, even though vaccines have a very clear correlations with autism. So when is the public going to put pressure on the FDA to man up and actually investigate the cause of autism instead of explaining it away? My guess is the same time the worthless FDA bans the policy of rotating the Pharma CEOs through the head FDA positions. In other words, never.
I have posted many times about this and I will say it again, if you are blaming vaccines, look elsewhere, possibly genetics. Mercury was removed from vaccines years ago and was debunked in many studies anyway. How can you even blame vaccines. I lean toward genetics.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
The MSM is reporting a spike in autism of 78 percent, and the odds of having an autistic child is now 1 in 88.

CDC: U.S. kids with autism up 78% in past decade - CNN.com

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

They are still trying to push that "better diagnosis" route, but I think that most people believe by now that something is causing autism, and it's something that some powerful interest doesn't want let out of the bag. My three top culprits are:

Vaccines
Food
Pollution

The FDA keeps denying any link between any of those things and autism, even though vaccines have a very clear correlations with autism. So when is the public going to put pressure on the FDA to man up and actually investigate the cause of autism instead of explaining it away? My guess is the same time the worthless FDA bans the policy of rotating the Pharma CEOs through the head FDA positions. In other words, never.
I have a nephew who is autistic. My sister had 3 children, did everything exactly the same. One is autistic, the other two are perfectly fine. When you look at him he looks absolutely normal, a very nice looking kid who should be playing hockey and baseball and football but instead will be dependant and cannot communicate or connect at all. Very sad.

This is a huge problem.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Ritalin and Aderall
You've got the right idea in terms of children being over medicated, but the wrong medical issue. Ritalin and Aderall are perscribed for hyper-activity, not autism.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I have posted many times about this and I will say it again, if you are blaming vaccines, look elsewhere, possibly genetics.
Correct.

When you consider the vast number of children who are vaccinated and who are not autistic, it only
points to genetics.

Similarly, how many babies have slept on their stomachs (esp. pre-1990s, when the sleep-on-the-back thing became popular)
and did not succumb to SIDS?

There have been studies showing a link toward a genetic disposition toward the horror that is SIDS
when it is combined with circumstances such as stomach-sleeping.

Similarly, genetics must play a part in negative vaccination experiences
when so many children are vaccinated without incident.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:36 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
I have posted many times about this and I will say it again, if you are blaming vaccines, look elsewhere, possibly genetics. Mercury was removed from vaccines years ago and was debunked in many studies anyway. How can you even blame vaccines. I lean toward genetics.
Clearly genetics plays a role, but almost all diseases with a genetic predisposition still have an environmental trigger. And there is more to vaccines than just mercury.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Even w/o mercury you do not know for sure what is in vaccines or the long term effects, especially on a developing human w/ little to no immune system. Inflammation alone is an underlying culprit to all human illness. Our understanding of genes and dna has changed tremendously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Even w/o mercury you do not know for sure what is in vaccines or the long term effects, especially on a developing human w/ little to no immune system. Inflammation alone is an underlying culprit to all human illness. Our understanding of genes and dna has changed tremendously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
I'm not saying vaccines are the culprit, but people forget why vaccines became a target in the first place. Vaccination is directly linked to a rapid and stark change in behavior that eventually leads to an autism diagnosis. The mercury theory was just a theory to try to explain why that might happen. Even if mercury has nothing to do with autism, it still doesn't negate the strong correlation between the two, and it doesn't mean that vaccines don't contribute to the development of autism in other ways.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying vaccines are the culprit, but people forget why vaccines became a target in the first place. Vaccination is directly linked to a rapid and stark change in behavior that eventually leads to an autism diagnosis. The mercury theory was just a theory to try to explain why that might happen. Even if mercury has nothing to do with autism, it still doesn't negate the strong correlation between the two, and it doesn't mean that vaccines don't contribute to the development of autism in other ways.
I doubt it is just 1 thing, but like you I think dismissing documented observations is foolish. Anything that gets in your body is not to be taken lightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies