Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Ok, so tell me what person who has a question with the authenticity of the documents, have had their hands on the actual documents, to authenticate? Not a one, right? Because of this, your premise is invalid. Had they a chance to examine the real documents, you and I probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

I don't know if their claim has validity or not, but again, it seems an easy fix.
Because in America, the burden of proof is on the accuser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Because in America, the burden of proof is on the accuser.
Which they can't prove or disprove because they can't get their hands on the original document.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And why oh why didn't multi-millionaires with such far reaching connections like John McBain and Hillary Clinton discover and use this "information" when they were doing their best to defeat him?

I remember when the birthers were clammering for Obama to release his BC and sensible people were saying that even if he did they wouldn't believe it. He released his BC and they immediately said that since it wasn't the long form BC they didn't believe it.

Then the birthers started clammering for the long form BC and sensible people said that even if he did release it the birthers wouldn't believe it. He released his long form BC and the birthers immediately called it a forgery since they personally didn't get to examine the original.

So does any sane person believe for one single moment that if the Governor of Hawaii personally took the original long form BC and showed it to every single birther in the country they would then believe? C'mon. Can we all agree that these nuts will never believe the truth? They are a lost cause and, really, who needs them?
[QUOTE=Cunucu Beach;23663592]Which they can't prove or disprove because they can't get their hands on the original document.[/QUOTE]

I rest my case

Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Are you calling me stupid?
Are you a birther?

Quote:
Or because you actually think that people that question the party line are stupid?
The questions have already been put to rest for any *reasonable* person - the State of Hawaii has declared President Obama's birth certificate authentic. There is NO HIGHER authority than that when it comes to this question. The acceptance of that validation is REQUIRED by our constitution. Do you not believe in the US Constitution?

Quote:
History shows that most people don't know that they are being duped, until it's too late. Are you one of those?
Nope. Are you?

Quote:
Don't wake up till you smell burning flesh?
Thanks for the hyperbole, but it adds nothing to this discussion.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
The question really is, why do many of the people who do NOT like people looking into Obama's credentials, history, and documents, claim the reason is, is because he is ½ black.

I could care less if he is purple with green highlights. While I do not believe ALL the hooha concerning the documents, there appears to be some people who feel the questions are legitimate, and if they wish to take the time to investigate these matters, then why hold them back.

More so the question begs to be asked, why not provide them with the original documentation in the first place and just settle the issue? It seems to me, that would be the easy fix.
It's such a non-issue it's pathetic. Obama was LEGALLY elected into office by- guess who? - THE PEOPLE. Birthers are just morons who can't accept that a black man is in office and will do anything to get him out. They've tried for 4 years and they've failed. This will be no different.

Get used to it - Obama is our POTUS and these dissenters aren't happy with it. I can't imagine their surprise when Obama wins the election this year.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Full faith and credit clause.
Hawaii has certified the copy as authentic.
Constitution trumps birfer fantasy.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
[QUOTE=Cunucu Beach;23663592]Which they can't prove or disprove because they can't get their hands on the original document.[/QUOTE]

I rest my case
I rest mine, too.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Ok, so tell me what person who has a question with the authenticity of the documents, have had their hands on the actual documents, to authenticate? Not a one, right? Because of this, your premise is invalid. Had they a chance to examine the real documents, you and I probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
Your proposal that the president's original documents be handed over to this collection of psychos is "interesting."

Quote:
I don't know if their claim has validity or not, but again, it seems an easy fix.
It seems that legitimate authorities have absolutely no questions over the authenticity of the documents. Crackpot haters do. There is no easy fix for crackpot haters. They tend to take their willful ignorance to the grave.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I rest mine, too.
Does a reprinted birth certificate, validated by the State of Hawaii to be authentic, hold any less legal sway than an original birth certificate?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And in being so, perfectly matching not just the thread, but the entire debate.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. "
Didn't you just post this a short while ago?

"Dane in LA
First explain to me why I should engage in conversation with somebody being uncivil."

Maybe some people should practice what they preach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies