Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Funny, isn't it? If you have evidence of a crime, you take it to the proper authorities, not your book club.
That's what I was thinking, too. Unless, say, one doesn't have any evidence and just wants more face time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Does a reprinted birth certificate, validated by the State of Hawaii to be authentic, hold any less legal sway than an original birth certificate?

Not in any court of law that I know of. However, that isn't what this thread is about. It's about an investigation by an AZ sheriff into whether the BC released to the public is authentic or has been doctored in some way.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

Get used to it - Obama is our POTUS and these dissenters aren't happy with it. I can't imagine their surprise when Obama wins the election this year.
And you know what? I'm willing to bet that four years from today, as President Obama is in his last year in office, that there will STILL be these threads - quite possibly started by the same posters (with the exception of one - whom I shall not mention by name - who will most likely be in a padded room by then) - all claiming the same bombshell "new" evidence that's about to be released and the irrefutable proof, blah, blah, blah.

What an incredible waste of time, money, and resources this whole thing has been. I mean, look at how much Donald Trump has spent - hasn't he had investigators "who can't believe what they're finding" in Hawaii for the last year?

Maybe it's a good thing that the birthers are spending their time on this insane project. If they didn't have this to focus all their time and energy on, who knows what they would be doing - maybe pulling wings off flies or something worse.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have great faith in your investigative abilities. Your mission is to carefully peruse the posts that preceded mine and discern for yourself the "lies and disinformation" to which I alluded.
i'd prefer you just stated what you believe to be "lies and disinformation" so we could have a comprehensive adult discussion instead of a game of "hide n seek".

Old 04-01-2012, 10:25 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Not in any court of law that I know of. However, that isn't what this thread is about. It's about an investigation by an AZ sheriff into whether the BC released to the public is authentic or has been doctored in some way.
Which is a pointless investigation, since only the paper document actually matters.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Which they can't prove or disprove because they can't get their hands on the original document.
Of course they can't. Who the hell are they?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
The news conference was an update of the continuing investigation. Sheriff Arpaio made that abundantly clear throughout his presentation.
" We got tons of other information that could be very shocking, too, but I’m sticking now with just the [forgery] investigation and possible criminal violations.”

- joe arpaio.

well, i guess he's just holding on to the "tons". as pointed out before the only "updates" were hints at information already known to be false.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Obama is only half black.
Which in the United States has always meant black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
I am not a birther but his race has nothing to do with their desire to seek the truth about him.
Nobody, not even Birthers, honestly believes that.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'd prefer you just stated what you believe to be "lies and disinformation" so we could have a comprehensive adult discussion instead of a game of "hide n seek".
In this forum, "an adult discussion" is an oxymoron.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
The state of Hawaii says its authentic but its based on false information.
There is not the tiniest shred of evidence that this is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies