Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,546,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
George W. Bush? haha maybe. Anyone else can post their thoughts here.
Well, I don't thing there was anything good about GWB, but I do embrace that everyone has the choice to vote for whomever they wish -- no matter how stupid I may personally view the choice....

The BEST part of America to me is that we continue to try to do better, and while we may not always agree as to what that looks like, we never stop trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Our past. We USED tgo be a great nation...until our political system has become so corrupted that they no longer govern FOR the people. Instead, they govern for themselves...whatever benefits them and the lobbyists that make them rich.

This is a once great nation in decline. When China becomes the world's super power and the United States can no longer police the world...you will see chaos and brutality never before witnessed.

there is a new age dawning on this world...God help us all.
I want to say we are great but it's not the truth anymore. There are plenty of other countries that are wonderful to live in.

I agree, unfortunately it's our past. We are at the end of riding it's tail right about now and it doesn't look like we are still trying to keep it great in anyway.

America is getting weak and we use that button all to often, "I've fallen and I can't get up", and it's connected to China. Meanwhile other countries are rising through their ashes to become pretty great in their own right.

We can't compete in health care
We can't compete in education
We can't compete in technology
We can't compete in military
We can't compete in opportunity for all anymore. Not with other top countries, we only compete with the 3rd world. We are a big fish in a little sea, not a equal player in the big tank.
It pains me to say this but it's not like anyone seems to care enough to change this. We are really stuck in our past ideals. We can't proceed into the 21st century this way. At least not with the "great" title attached.

Ask this question in 25 years.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,560 times
Quote:
What's the best thing about America?
It's not Europe.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Some of the landscapes, some comedy programs, some music genres, the presence of minorities and people from all over the world (at least in cities).

Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
In all seriousness, the Constitution before Wilson became president

Old 04-01-2012, 01:19 PM

282 posts, read 298,107 times
really , freedom of speech !

Old 04-01-2012, 01:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
What's the best thing about America?
The Bill of Rights, and people who work to defend it.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,088 times
-Taking out as much as possible to get a higher education and knowing the rest of the suckers in the country will have to pay for it.

-Ditto for buying a house.

-Ditto if you are here illegally and want education for your kids, and medical care for your family.

-Ditto if you can't pony up a $20 copay but are just fine with pouring Coca-Cola and Cheetoes down your gullet regularly,
complaining that that is all you can afford.
That's if your kids aren't doing the same during one of their 3 free meals in school, at the taxpayer's expense.

.....Oh hold on, those are some of the things that SUCK about America, if you are one of the people who actually plays by the rules
and lives life responsibly.

Our forefathers are turning in their graves at the entitled whiners so many have become.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
do you work for the republican party ?
No , Im actualy a small buss owner who thru hard work and smart choices has built quite a comfortable living for myself.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
That all citizens are treated equally....well some are at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies