Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Most bullies enlist the help of others.

1 one 1 is one thing, 4 on one? The school should have a policy against this.
But the kids are smart enough not to do anything in front of teachers and/or off school grounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,989,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I guess you didn't comprehend that it was an example of what damage can be done through cyber-harrassment where your naive simplistic comments of "just shut off your damned PC" would be rather useless.
It was a movie novel not reality you made up. Continue trying to make this an world is ending issue when it isn't. That is what you folks are good at.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,371,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It was a movie novel not reality you made up. Continue trying to make this an world is ending issue when it isn't. That is what you folks are good at.
Continue believing that bullying in the 21st century is just calling someone "foureyes" and taking their lunchmoney.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 PM

15,521 posts, read 10,480,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I like the segregation idea...get all those POSs together in one spot and let 'em pick each other off. No more making innocent kids hate going to school.

Are you really serious with the "who is and who isn't a bully" comment ???

It's pretty easy to tell. Just ask the victims.

I really like your line of thinking. Put the rabid little turds in a portable room behind the school and get them their own bus. It would be cost effective in the long run too. Less counselors, etc.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I really like your line of thinking. Put the rabid little turds in a portable room behind the school and get them their own bus. It would be cost effective in the long run too. Less counselors, etc.
I would be so for that. Sounds cruel but it seems to be the only answer that would actually work.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Continue believing that bullying in the 21st century is just calling someone "foureyes" and taking their lunchmoney.
I use common sense so I will do that.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
And what exactly is the anti-bullying policy in schools?

Like what is something that one could get away with years ago that they cant now?

Does name calling count? or does only physical bullying count?

Whats the punishment for bullying noww?
Don't we have enough "policy's"? I understand that bullying can be mentally and physically scaring but I think the reason they think we need this is because my generation is filled with sissy's. You need to toughen up your kids people. That's what's wrong. My parents have raised me to not take crap from people but also to not give anyone any. Parents today spoil they're kids and they will suffer for it later. Just saying.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,809,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Bullying has been going on forever. It's part of human nature....or just NATURE itself. Instead of punishing bullies....we need to educate those who GET bullied and teach them how to fight back.
Back in the 60s they bullied my older brother half to death and almost ruined his life---he is over 60 and it still effects him..bitter....I finally took care of the problem and found out that I was an excellent street fighter...I took out all the bullies one by one.

I went from the cowardly kid that used to hide while they beat my brother...to the local hero...Once a bully figures out that the little lion has teeth..they stop...yep...I could get three or four punches to the eyes in a second...they would squint closed...and that was it...I ended up protecting the little kids later for the big mean ones...Bullies are true coward...teach the kid to box...boxing is still the most effective way...no real damage but humiliating.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Yeah but if you did that today it would be YOU who would be in trouble.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would be so for that. Sounds cruel but it seems to be the only answer that would actually work.
No its the parents fault not the child's. The parents are the ones who need to learn how to raise their children to be productive members of society instead of jack asses. The solution is, people, if you want kids learn how to raise them otherwise do the world a cavorted and don't have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies