U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 AM

3,087 posts, read 6,827,827 times

Advertisements

And what exactly is the anti-bullying policy in schools?

Like what is something that one could get away with years ago that they cant now?

Does name calling count? or does only physical bullying count?

Whats the punishment for bullying noww?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 AM

10,568 posts, read 12,168,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

Like what is something that one could get away with years ago that they cant now?

Name calling is free speech and should be addressed with debate..not punishment....Physical bulling...or physical threat or intimidation is a no no....but it is excepted in America because it is done at the highest level with the misuse of the military....it should be out lawed among children and adults. I believe there are laws but they are not respected...among adults...so why do they expect children who learn from adults to be different?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 946,482 times
Bullying has been going on forever. It's part of human nature....or just NATURE itself. Instead of punishing bullies....we need to educate those who GET bullied and teach them how to fight back.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,935,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

The ONLY way to deal with a bully, is to stand up to the bully. Running and tattling doesn't do any good, it leads to more bullying, and you grow up without learning a valuable lesson that will stay with you throughout life.

I learned that lesson in the 3rd grade myself, I was being bullied unmercifully by 2 guys, Tom and Chip. I finally had enough one day, stood my ground, and punched Tom in the nose. He went down, Chip ran away, I got suspended for a couple of days, (Once I explained to my parents what happened they understood), and then I had no problems with bullies ever again.

That lesson stayed with me the rest of my life. you have to stand your ground. You cannot go through life letting others stand your ground for you, sooner or later, they won't be there to do so, and then what happens?

Like my tag says, "Si vis pacem para bellum"

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,047,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Bullying has been going on forever. It's part of human nature....or just NATURE itself. Instead of punishing bullies....we need to educate those who GET bullied and teach them how to fight back.
Yes, it's not as if bullies pick on people who they know can't fight back. Say, weren't you the guy who thought that Obama passed the bank bailouts? I hope you've spent more time studying schools and bullying than you have economics.

In terms of the thread, who cares what people 'feel'. Policies should be made up with thoughts, not feelings.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM

18,626 posts, read 18,436,906 times
No.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM

8,949 posts, read 11,428,343 times
Heaven forbid there shouldn't be weak kids for stronger, insecure kids (and apparently) adults to terrorize.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:46 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,683,871 times
A bully's toe should be sawed off by his victim with a steak knife on the first five offenses.

Everyone knows a bully is a future tailgater, and need the **** kicked out of him.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 80,527,195 times
With zero tolerance in the schools (no defending yourself physically) the bullies know the worst that can happen is a 3 day suspension now or ISS..not a bloody nose and deflated ego.

When a bully gets defeated in front of the other kids it does something to them.
But when a bully gets suspended for 3 days they return to school..STILL the bully.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 946,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Yes, it's not as if bullies pick on people who they know can't fight back. Say, weren't you the guy who thought that Obama passed the bank bailouts? I hope you've spent more time studying schools and bullying than you have economics.

In terms of the thread, who cares what people 'feel'. Policies should be made up with thoughts, not feelings.
Well that's the problem isn't it?? Your solution is to get the government involved to make 'policies'....that is how you leftwing twits think. Well here's a newsflash lefty...that doesn't work...it never has worked....and all it does is cost MONEY.....somehow or another, whenever the government is involved it's $$$.

Now...I prefer not to follow one failed government policy after another. I prefer to take a logical approach and actually ENABLE the ones being bullied to take charge of their own lives....because the FACT of the matter is, that there won't always be someone ther top protect them. These people have to believe in themselves first and foremost...they don't need to look to a 'POLICY' to get them by...because that 'POLICY' doesn't do one damned thing for their frame of mind.

As for what obama passed?? No....I realize that the bank bailout was signed by Bush.....it was ORIGINALLY defeated in the house, and then modified in the senate by the democratic MAJORITY and passed. It was supported by Bush and Obama at the time....even McCain. It was necessitated by the failed fannie and freddie backed mortgates that caused the housing bubble....and that entire policy came from the Clinton administration when they mandated through legislation that ALL Americans are entitled to own a house if they want...forcing banks to issue mortgages that were backed by the government agencies (fannie & freddie) ...and when those people defaulted on those mortgages....the house of cards came tumbling down in the 2008 crash.

So what do we have here? We have a program initiated by democrats under clinton that caused the housing bubble and the ultimate FAILURE & COLLAPSE of the housing market...which the government was FORCED to bail the banks out since it was their fault to begin with. Just another reason that government intervention that sets 'polices' (as YOU favor)leads to nothing but high investment and in the end...total FAILURE. ESPECIALLY left wing 'policies'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies