Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:57 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You accuse old people of being selfish yet state " If you're past 65 years old and you need an organ transplant of any kind you shouldn't get it unless there are no younger candidates in need "

What are you? 14?

That's not being selfish?

Maybe if old folks are selfish it's because the young haven't proven they're capable of pulling their heads from their butts.
exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 02:59 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
A very interesting read (and on topic too)

Young People in the Recession - The War Against Youth - Esquire
"The recession didn't gut the prospects of American young people. The Baby Boomers took care of that."

Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
A very interesting read (and on topic too)

Young People in the Recession - The War Against Youth - Esquire
"The recession didn't gut the prospects of American young people. The Baby Boomers took care of that."

How slanted!
How about those youngsters don't want to work for the starter jobs they want to run the companies! So because they can't do that they don't want to work!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
I think there should be death panels for all people over 60. People just live way to long these days. It's gotta stop.
When I read a post so completely preposterous, I have to go look at the posters previous posts to see if all his/her posts are this ridiculous. Sure enough, looking at your other posts explains everything..!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Back in the old days they actually cared about future generations, now they just feel entitled and it's all me me me, screw the grand kids.

If you're past 65 years old and you need an organ transplant of any kind you shouldn't get it unless there are no younger candidates in need, also no 100s of thousand-millions$$$ worth of treatment for you unless you pay out of pocket. Seriously they should be given a big bag of heroin so they can live out their last days comfortably but don't burden society with extremely expensive end/near-end of life care and die like a man, with dignity.
obama is that you, here on CD?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
How slanted!
How about those youngsters don't want to work for the starter jobs they want to run the companies! So because they can't do that they don't want to work!
You must hold the world record for speed reading! Don't worry, I usually don't read the articles people post here either.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:05 PM

266 posts, read 179,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
When I read a post so completely preposterous, I have to go look at the posters previous posts to see if all his/her posts are this ridiculous. Sure enough, looking at your other posts explains everything..!
Its so sad that people these days don't get sarcasm. Only in America.

But go ahead, tell me which of my previous posts are ridiculous.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:22 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Its so sad that people these days don't get sarcasm. Only in America.

But go ahead, tell me which of my previous posts are ridiculous.
And it's so sad that a poster doesn't know how to use 'indicators' like [sarc] [/sarc] tags so the rest of us 'know' that he or she is 'being' sarcastic!

There 'are' people who feel exactly what you posted!

Tough reading minds from a distance!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:30 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
ridiculous thread of the day.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:34 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,739 times
I actually did read the first half of the article, but couldn't continue because it is based on a false premise. I am over 65 and have a comfortable net worth, not because I am selfish, but because I scrimped and saved through out my working life. Both my husband and I were NASA engineers but neither of us ever made over $70K per year and that was the last couple of years. The early years it was less than $20K. We never paid more than $120K for a house -- first one was less than $25K. In the early years after my husband was laid off at the end of the Apollo program we lived in a $125/ month rental and I fed a family of 3 for $1 per meal. I know 100 ways to cook chicken gizzards! The fact is that the younger years are when a person has to scrimp and make do because that is when they have young family and are living on a starter salary. Older people have saved so that they won't have to eat dog food and now we are called selfish. Also in many cases the net worth of the older generation is inflated because they still live in houses they bought 30 years ago which are now paid off, whereas the younger ones have only started to pay on their mortgage so have less equity built up.
Just another case of the current administration trying to pit young people against the older generation -- racism, class warfare, ageism, what's next!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies