Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:12 PM

359 posts, read 329,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do you think all these dems said what they said? Note the dates
I don't know, why? Because they believed the administration's claims? Because it would make them more popular?

And wutitz, no I don't have "it."

All I know, is I've smelled bullpoop surrounding the Iraq War for a long time, and I'm sure you two have to. I don't fully understand why you are wasting your finger strength defending the Commander in Chief who called our troops into fighting a phony war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
It's amazing that there are still seemingly intelligent people who buy into the 'lies about WMD' meme. Saddam's own senior officers believed that he still had a stash of WMD just before the invasion. Non-US intelligence services believed it. One of the criticisms of US war plans by the Brits was the deficiency of plans in case Saddam deployed WMD. The US Marines certainly believed it. They didn't dare do anything without their MOPP suits, even when going light to the point that every 3rd Marine was issued a funnel, in order to avoid having to carry extra water.

The experts in academia believed it:

http://www.carnegieendowment.org/fil...q3FullText.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnegie endowment
Prior to 2002, most national and international offi
cials and experts believed that Iraq likely had research
programs and some stores of hidden chemical
or biological weapons and maintained interest in a
program to develop nuclear weapons

Old 04-01-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood912 View Post
I don't know, why? Because they believed the administration's claims? Because it would make them more popular?

And wutitz, no I don't have "it."

All I know, is I've smelled bullpoop surrounding the Iraq War for a long time, and I'm sure you two have to. I don't fully understand why you are wasting your finger strength defending the Commander in Chief who called our troops into fighting a phony war.
That's your imagined inference. Actually I don't so much defend Bush as demand an honest and reality-based criticism of him. If you read my posts carefully you'll find precious little defense of Bush. Lots of criticism of you and yours, though.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM

testy

Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Who do you think is to blame for getting us into this war?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Who do you think is to blame for getting us into this war?
I reject the premise of the question. In fact the obsession with the affixing of blame is the problem here. While we're blaming each other, Islamic terrorists are thinking ahead 25 years about how they're going to put our granddaughters in burquas.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I reject the premise of the question. In fact the obsession with the affixing of blame is the problem here.
that's dope.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM

but why iraq? why was it iraq that we invaded?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
but why iraq? why was it iraq that we invaded?
Because Iraq/Saddam had a history of aquisition of advanced weapons systems, and with the then-newly-demonstrated ability of Islamic terror networks to deliver attacks on our soil, we were faced with an 'accident waiting to happen.'

Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
You don't go to war because you think or believe, if soldiers are going to die you better be sure before going to war. There was very little debate on either Iraq or Afghanistan, now it turns out Osama was in Pakistan for a good part of the time.

Congress spent more time debating birth control than sending soldiers off to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies