Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,595 times

Advertisements

Ignorance knows no global boundaries. Does this New Delhi person have history overseas (Uganda, etc.)? That might explain why he's racist. If not, then keep in mind the caste system is an other form of prejudice so maybe he was always indoctrinated into that mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM

639 posts, read 828,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
FYI: I'm a 47 mexican, single mother with democratic ideals. (Hold on...I promise this gets into politics.)
Description of the nature of my relationship with a man that I met online:
For 3 months I've been in contact with a man from New Delhi that I met thru FB. After many attempts to become sexual with me to no avail, we kind of settled into a friendship with splashes of flirtation here and there. I liked him because he was intelligent and well informed (worked in real estate).
Well, today we finally got on the topic of politics as I was reading the paper. He asked me who I thought would be president and I said Obama.
He asked me why and I told him what I thought. Then he began to call him a 'niga' and said his administration was doomed from the beginning because he's a 'dirty niga' (not my language, just quoting). I reminded him that he was just as black as President Obama, if not darker. Whoa! He was really offended. Basically, he said he's ruined the world economy because he's an ape and etc....in such a hateful way. He went off on Africans and how low and beastial they are. Well, it all resulted in him tell me that I sound like I'd like to "**** the niga" and I said I wouldn't mind. Well then he told me to "f off you n wh!" Needless to say that was the end of that friendship.

Where does this come from? This not seeing himself as a person of color. I understand the hatred of an American President but the racial stuff, Someone please explain. Does it have to do with caste system in India? What?
why do you associate with a racist, regardless of whether he is from New Delhi or Chicago?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,323 times
This saga reminds me of Dave Chappelle's bit about the blind black white supremacist. He didn't know he was black because he was blind but when he found out his true race, he divorced his wife because "she was a n-----r lover."

Dave Chappelle - Black White Supremacist KKK - YouTube

Anyway to the OP there are 2 takeaways;
1. Don't look on FB for love
2. Don't look on CD for relationship advice

Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 PM

174 posts, read 326,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did you put alot of thought into that question?

Why do YOU live in the US, or are YOU just visiting?

THANK YOU! HOW IS THAT QUESTION EVEN RELEVANT!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I live in the US because I'm a real American...

Just found it strange that someone would identify themselves as Mexican when in all likelihood she plans to remain a permanent resident of the US....Maybe if Mexican was a race or even ethnicity it might make sense in this context.

Whatever the case she need to be deported ASAP.

PS it's a lot not alot, sorry just a pet peeve, not hating!

What the !!!!! What does my residency have to do with this topic at all. FYI my family has been in this nation for 8 generations on mothers side and 4 generation on father's side. My family helped build this nation from sea to shining sea!
That question says a lot about you!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I live in the US because I'm a real American...

Just found it strange that someone would identify themselves as Mexican when in all likelihood she plans to remain a permanent resident of the US....Maybe if Mexican was a race or even ethnicity it might make sense in this context.

Whatever the case she need to be deported ASAP.

PS it's a lot not alot, sorry just a pet peeve, not hating!

You must be the FOX news version of a "real American"; just plain ol' ignorant.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
A part of it may have to do with it, but there appears to be a lot going here. It appears that there is a segment of Indians that dislike Obama but love Bush. Coincidentally, their hatred came not from the skin color but they saw Bush as "anti-Islam", the sole reason for their likeness for him whereas they don't see Obama as being tough on Muslims. This is deep rooted in India-Pakistan relationship and shared hostilities between right wing Hindus and Islamic fundamentalists.

There is another possibility of this guy assuming you to be white (or at least knowing that you are not black), and trying to "impress" you and a bit too hard. Consequently, he came out as being very immature.

And finally, don't assume that a person actually is what he says he is. This applies online, or in person. He was probably shooting in the dark with a 50% chance and nothing to lose, knowing that half of Americans hate Obama.

Thanks! This is a well educated response.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So what did he say when you unfriended him and told him you couldn't see him anymore?

Actually, we were friends up until this conversation when he turned hostile and hate-filled. He really began to lash out at me and ended the conversation with: "Go and f***that n***** you n***** wh***!" LOL

I don't really care what he says or thinks and do not take it personally at all. I will never speak to him again. I was just curious about where all that hatred was rooted in. I thought perhaps there were was a political or cultural perspective I was ignorant to.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 PM

744 posts, read 811,693 times
Quote:
You must be the FOX news version of a "real American"; just plain ol' ignorant.
At least I do not fraternize with racists! I am a good person and you are mean

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM

744 posts, read 811,693 times
Quote:
What the !!!!! What does my residency have to do with this topic at all. FYI my family has been in this nation for 8 generations on mothers side and 4 generation on father's side. My family helped build this nation from sea to shining sea!
That question says a lot about you!
I don't believe your family has been here for that long, Eisenhower kicked all you people out in the 50s but if so why do you identify as Mexican then? Mexican is not an ethnicity, there are white, mixed race and amerindian Mexicans..It's a nationality so basically what you're saying is you are more loyal to Mexico than the US...If my great great grandparents moved to Finland from the US and I grew up in Finland I wouldn't say I'm American...That would make no sense unless I was a traitor to my home country like you... I stand by what I said...U really need to be deported ASAP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies