Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM

51 posts, read 53,033 times

Advertisements

Typo.. Shed blood

And in large amounts relative to their % of population! Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics would die for this country and the numbers prove it. Next in line is Asians. Even though Asians are underrepresented in the military relative to their total population, they contribute.

Indians and Muslims are basically non-existant in the military relative to their populations in this country. They love the benefits of living in this nation, but nothing else. Had this discussion over beers last night with an Officer recruiter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
No one cares about that....and it doesn't matter anyway. Some of the most racist years in this country were during the years when blacks and hispanics were being drafted into the military to go to war.

As for Indians and Muslims, i disagree that they're bloodsuckers of this nation. That's bull. They contribute in their own way. Military isn't the only way to contribute.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
I helped a few black and hispanic guys back to a boat after they were wounded. Some of them saved my life a couple of times. After that I have never understood racism. We all, including the Vietnamese we were fighting, bleed red. Everyone bleeds red. The problem is the guys that start the wars never get a chance to bleed at all.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,550,814 times
There's only one color in the Army: Green (well....desert tan now. )

Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I helped a few black and hispanic guys back to a boat after they were wounded. Some of them saved my life a couple of times. After that I have never understood racism. We all, including the Vietnamese we were fighting, bleed red. Everyone bleeds red. The problem is the guys that start the wars never get a chance to bleed at all.
You nailed it man

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,714,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one cares about that....and it doesn't matter anyway. Some of the most racist years in this country were during the years when blacks and hispanics were being drafted into the military to go to war.

As for Indians and Muslims, i disagree that they're bloodsuckers of this nation. That's bull. They contribute in their own way. Military isn't the only way to contribute.
Actually if you are referring to the late 19th century and early 20th century, blacks freely enlisted in the Regular Army, specifically in the 24th & 25th Infantry, and the 9th & 10th Cavalry. There were no black Marines, and few in the Navy. Until WWI, there was no conscription, except for 1863-65 in the Civil War. I am not certain, but I believe that all blacks that served then were volunteers.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
Actually if you are referring to the late 19th century and early 20th century, blacks freely enlisted in the Regular Army, specifically in the 24th & 25th Infantry, and the 9th & 10th Cavalry. There were no black Marines, and few in the Navy. Until WWI, there was no conscription, except for 1863-65 in the Civil War. I am not certain, but I believe that all blacks that served then were volunteers.
No, i'm not talking about that period.

I'm talking about the WWII period up through Vietnam.

Doesn't matter anyway. What i said is still true. During some of the most racist years in this country, blacks were conscripted. The fact that some volunteered during these times (and earlier times) doesn't mitigate anything.

My own father refused military conscription during the very early part of Vietnam because of racial reasons. Me personally, i joined voluntarily, but there was no draft in the 80's.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumarkutar View Post
Typo.. Shed blood

And in large amounts relative to their % of population! Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics would die for this country and the numbers prove it. Next in line is Asians. Even though Asians are underrepresented in the military relative to their total population, they contribute.

Indians and Muslims are basically non-existant in the military relative to their populations in this country. They love the benefits of living in this nation, but nothing else. Had this discussion over beers last night with an Officer recruiter!
And your point is?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,292,351 times
Default So some shed bloof!

Still let most everyone be OFF the welfare, OFF government assistance, OFF the government employment and we can talk about it.

So far it is one big BLOOF!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times
So what is the point? That we instead start shipping those who haven't served out of the country?I served and does that mean I get a free ride if I do somethign wrong/ Make no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies