Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times

Advertisements

Seminole County Sheriff's Office: Two arrested after beating leaves man on life-support - Orlando Sentinel

Wonder if Al Sharpton and the NBPP will march for these two monsters' victims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Seminole County Sheriff's Office: Two arrested after beating leaves man on life-support - Orlando Sentinel

Lame. Why don't you lead the way?

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Since the culprits were arrested it's ok.

That's what we have all learned.

If the government isn't doing it's job or have bad laws we should be outraged if 1 person dies.

If 100 other people die in drive-bys, hammer attacks and so forth it's just the way things are.

I personally like neither situation, it's just galling how one is cause for celebrity and the others are pushed under the rug.

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
Probably not because these guys where actually arrested and there is/was an actual investigation (thorough I would hope). This is just another lame non comparison thread. They are completely different cases when it comes to what is actually being protested. It's called the Police did not do their job correctly after an unarmed kid was killed. Whether self defense or not they have very limited actual evidence other than the word of the shooter and they didn't even bother to get forensic evidence it seems.

That is what the problem is.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:

Thank the Lord a brave witness was wiling to come forward. Anybody with a "street name" is up to no good.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Probably not because these guys where actually arrested and there is/was an actual investigation (thorough I would hope). This is just another lame non comparison thread. They are completely different cases when it comes to what is actually being protested. It's called the Police did not do their job correctly after an unarmed kid was killed. Whether self defense or not they have very limited actual evidence other than the word of the shooter and they didn't even bother to get forensic evidence it seems.

And where is th evidence that any of it was racially motivated?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:

Another lame attempt to deflect from the real controversy of the Trayvon Martin case.

You may want to educate yourself on the difference.

Epic fail.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
I don’t see where the justice system failed here requiring civil activism. It looks like the criminals were caught and are under arrest. Unlike another case close by where the criminal is walking around scot-free. I don’t see anywhere in the article where the two perpetrators are considered “victims” only your prejudice interpretation classifies as such.

I suggest if you want Sharpton there, call him. If not let the legal system run its coarse like it appears to be doing on this one.

Quote:

Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

I think the thread makes a valid point that the death of Trayvon is relatively abnormal and contains enough elements to elicit righteous outrage.

No one wants to touch the 100 other trayvons shot dead in Chicago, Atlanta, DC and so forth in "normal" ways involving gang-violence, drugs, walking out of a club and being in the wrong place at the wrong time type stuff.

So, at this point I'm not happy with EITHER situation but it's pretty sad to watch people get all fired up about Trayvon and not the other because no one wants to adress the internal ugliness just the external.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don’t see where the justice system failed here requiring civil activism. It looks like the criminals were caught and are under arrest. Unlike another case close by where the criminal is walking around scot-free. I don’t see anywhere in the article where the two perpetrators are considered “victims” only your prejudice interpretation classifies as such.

I suggest if you want Sharpton there, call him. If not let the legal system run its coarse like it appears to be doing on this one.
A Week Later, No Arrests In Shootings Of NW Indiana Girls « CBS Chicago

Nevermind, nothing to see here, everyone just move along....

....and just because someone is caught and arrested doesn't mean there isn't a problem. They caught the redneck that hate crime murdered that poor black worker by running him down with his truck and gave him life in prison. Doesn't mean we shouldn't address these issues. Someone has died in all of them, some more outrageous than others and some just vastly more frequent and normal in occurrence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies