Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,552,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It would appear we are at least trending that way now. If we don't get the "entitlement mentality" turned 180 degrees and fast, yes we will be! Have we already passed the point of no return? The Obama-Progressives and those even further to the left certainly hope so.

"All that it takes for Statism to overturn a Republic is for the people to refuse to do for themselves." - me
How long are you going to beat those dead horse bones? Has it ever worked for ya? You are taking "never give up" to an idiotic extreme despite your own well being. It's hard to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,723,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm an advocate of vasectomies. Most folks who want children when they
know they can't afford them have them anyways because they:
simply want to play mommy at the expense of others, or
has a boyfriend who simply doesn't think they should pay for all those
boring children expenses like food, housing, and healthcare, when they
cam get the benefits as a single parent from the government rather easily,
or they simply are sluts and tramps

What ever the reason, with birth control, they will be noncompliant.

Give the young men vasectomies. It's reversable, a rather quick, inexpensive
procedure, considering the alternatives, and no one has to worry
about abortions, unwanted pregnancies, or becoming a parent
in name only, when they aren't ready to be parents.
I think it would be a win win solution for everyone.

Cause in my book, you can't play, if you can't pay

Unless you've been in war, a natural disaster of sorts, I'm really not
interested in having my tax dollars support other folks or their children
simply because they happen to fall at the poverty line. If a person's
situation is so tragic, that's what charities and churches are for...
So, which males get the vasectomies, at what age, who pays for it, and what do you do about those who refuse?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,552,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
America's downfall is that we are not investing in our own citizens. Too many are being imported and handed high paying jobs while Americans are not employed.

Birth control is cheap but our natural and financial resouces are limited. Where is human common sense? Anyone can breed but that doesn't mean they should, especially when that is all they know how to do. As the resources decline, the death rates will increase to compensate. If humans can't control themselves, nature will.

We really need to change, starting with our next election. I worked and paid taxes all my life and am tired of paying for anything that whines.
Why don't we make it so we pay into it for our own whining then like we do with social security. They do it in Germany, it's your responsibility so you pay into a health care account. Everyone pays, every is covered. Problem solved. We don't cry about paying social security even though 1 out of 100 old people could still work. But we pay in case we can't. What's the difference applying this to health care your whole life? You might not have a baby but if you do their health care is covered. Why not add public college into it like Germany. Then those babies have good health and education. Problem solved. Strong healthy smart country. I don't see the problems?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:26 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,763,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This did not happen in the time of my great grandparents, grandparents, or even my parents. It was not socially acceptable to be sexually permiscuous. Today junior-high and high schooler students seem to wear sexual promiscuity as a badge of honor and status, quite literally. Personally, I find that not only disgusting but a very bad reflection upon their parents and the cultural message this country has decided is "acceptable". The glorification of "teen moms" on the boob tube and in grocery store checkout line rags is a sign of just how far our society has fallen.
Oh, it most certainly DID happen "back in the day" - they just did a better job of hiding it, by either forcing a marriage or forcing adoption (usually after they mysteriously disappeared on a long "family vacation"), not to mention illegal abortions. If you were to conduct a poll from back then, I imagine you'd find a high number of babies born 8 months after the wedding.

P.S. Do you realize teen pregnancy rates are lower now than they were 20+ years ago? Interesting, huh? And yes, abortion rates have been factored into these stats.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-04-2012 at 12:37 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,763,161 times
FYI...

The Checkup - Teen birth rate hits record low (this article actually says teen pregnancy rates in 2009 were the lowest in over 70 years!)

Teen birth rate at record low in California [Updated] - latimes.com

CDC - About Teen Pregnancy - Teen Pregnancy - Reproductive Health

Why is Teenage Pregnancy Declining? The Roles of Abstinence, Sexual Activity and Contraceptive Use

Many experts have speculated that Teen Mom (the show you referenced) has actually contributed to this decline, as teens are getting a real-life look at what young parenthood is REALLY like. Have you ever watched it? It's an excellent show.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM

22,579 posts, read 24,396,578 times
Pretty simple.

The US Government has hugely incentivized out-of-wedlock births among the poorest of the poor, folks who have ZERO means of paying for a kid.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.

ROLL OUT THE BABY M**MA BENNIES AND THEY WILL GET PREGGERS.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,986,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So, which males get the vasectomies, at what age, who pays for it, and what do you do about those who refuse?
Keep in mind, vasectomy is an option if your an irresponsible male. If you
can care for your offspring on your own, I don't care how many folks
you bring into the world....Since it's a surgical procedure, no one can force
you to have one. I'm not advocating Hitlerville.

Who gets the vasectomy?

I'll be pretty blunt. Any male that ****s around and doesn't pay for who
he brings into the world should give it Great consideration

I would first start with education. Let young males know the option is available. And no, it's not an unmanly thing to do.

I'm sure men and even boys under the age of 18 can cough up some of their recreational monies. Since it is a surgical procedure you would need parental consent under the age of 18.

Parents should be happy to invest in their sons' futures. I'm sure we could start a state funded program in connection with matching charitable contributions. I would be more than happy to contribute.

If one is a repeat offender, or simply does not want a vasectomy, but still fathers welfare babies, both biological parents will have to do mandatory community service at a state funded day care center.

If your old enough to screw, your old enough to change another tax paying, hard worker's child's diaper for FREE.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,723,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Keep in mind, vasectomy is an option if your an irresponsible male. If you
can care for your offspring on your own, I don't care how many folks
you bring into the world....Since it's a surgical procedure, no one can force
you to have one. I'm not advocating Hitlerville.

Who gets the vasectomy?

I'll be pretty blunt. Any male that ****s around and doesn't pay for who
he brings into the world should give it Great consideration

I would first start with education. Let young males know the option is available. And no, it's not an unmanly thing to do.

I'm sure men and even boys under the age of 18 can cough up some of their recreational monies. Since it is a surgical procedure you would need parental consent under the age of 18.

Parents should be happy to invest in their sons' futures. I'm sure we could start a state funded program in connection with matching charitable contributions. I would be more than happy to contribute.

If one is a repeat offender, or simply does not want a vasectomy, but still fathers welfare babies, both biological parents will have to do mandatory community service at a state funded day care center.

If your old enough to screw, your old enough to change another tax paying, hard worker's child's diaper for FREE.
I wish more males would opt for it, I really REALLY do. Too many young males now equate a long string of out-of-wedlock babies (with as many different females) as a badge of manhood.

Since the cost is so much less than tubal ligation for a female, it is also extremely cost effective.

One has to wonder exactly why more of them aren't being performed.

Fear of pain, perhaps? Or, worse, maybe a pervasive attitude that it's the female's responsibility?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 AM

37 posts, read 23,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Progressive policies allowed men to walk away from their responsibilities.

I blame the women.

They hold the cards.
I blame men who choose to run like a ****** from their responsibilities.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,986,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I wish more males would opt for it

Fear of pain, perhaps? Or, worse, maybe a pervasive attitude that it's the female's responsibility?
It's just a little snip This is what I think needs to change, and that's
where the Education comes in.

And yes, a vasectomy reversal is still somewhat expensive $6000 - $15,000,
but I think if it was done more frequently, the price would come down.

I'm still hoping for a male pill - I really think most guys would take it
religiously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies