Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
No opt out was given even though some students requested it.

"Principal David Chambers said the students had heard ahead of time that there might be same-sex affection in the play. Some asked to be excused. Chambers considered sending an opt-out letter to parents but decided against it."

Read more: Homosexual kiss at school assembly prompts student walk-out, parental fury - Beliefnet News
Sorry posted at the same time as you . This was not in the original link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Oh, and if you wanna compare anti-gay to "pro-gay" (not really sure what you mean there) threads, I think the anti crowd would win by a mile!!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Back to the OP. Rate my professor has terrible reviews of this one, that may have something to do with her bad review.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:58 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,634,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe they DO need to see this stuff, so it loses that "shock value" .
Well, at least you are forthright about your desire for brainwashing or forced acceptance of an agenda. But, do you not have any idea how this approach (aside from just being wrong) backfires? You may win over some children who are forced from an early age to be exposed to it but many will not and many kids and parents who can see how they are being manipulated actually head in the opposite direction. Change happens slowly and children should never be targeted for indoctrination by the government, even if its for what some may think is a good/justifiable cause.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:09 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,634,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Back to the OP. Rate my professor has terrible reviews of this one, that may have something to do with her bad review.
Article says different. Will probably be reading more about this as the legal case progresses. But for now, it seems that the punishment was related to her refusal to attend the offensive agenda pushing play.

"She alleges in her lawsuit that not only was she told to attend, but she was also threatened with disciplinary action if she failed to attend."

"In March 2011, she received her annual review and was given a grade of “unacceptable” for refusing to attend the celebration of homosexuality. She filed a grievance which was returned and noted “unheard.”
Russ Schultz, the dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication, confirmed to Fox News that Ozmun was reprimanded."

Professor Says She was Punished For Refusing to See Gay Show | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Old 04-03-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Article says different. Will probably be reading more about this as the legal case progresses. But for now, it seems that the punishment was related to her refusal to attend the offensive agenda pushing play.

"She alleges in her lawsuit that not only was she told to attend, but she was also threatened with disciplinary action if she failed to attend."

"In March 2011, she received her annual review and was given a grade of “unacceptable” for refusing to attend the celebration of homosexuality. She filed a grievance which was returned and noted “unheard.”
Russ Schultz, the dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication, confirmed to Fox News that Ozmun was reprimanded."

Professor Says She was Punished For Refusing to See Gay Show | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes
Well she was warned to attend, she chose not to follow what her boss told her to do. I would really like to hear the schools comments on this. All we have at this time is "she said"

Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,157,064 times
Quote:
Maybe they DO need to see this stuff, so it loses that "shock value" and doesn't turn people into fearful homophobes like the OP (and other regular gay-bashers here).
No-one should be FORCED to see something they find objectionable, this is the United States of America, not Iran or Venezuela....

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,157,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's funny, I went to that web site:

Professor Search - RateMyProfessors.com

And searched, she is not listed (ozmun).....

More BS, huh?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,522,864 times
Quote:
So, how do you feel about forced participation in reciting the pledge (with G-d in it) and forced participation in Christmas productions? I was subjected to both growing up, but nobody seemed to care much about it - myself included. But I guess in our society religious indoctrination = okay?
Sad that your parents didn't care enough to inform the school? was it...that you were not participating.Don't try to tell me that your parents couldn't do so if they had wished to try.

My parents knew that THEY, not the govt. teachers were in charge. They kept a tight rein on anything that they didn't wish me to be a part of, or have to tolerate.

Now, what on earth has this got to do with the subject of this thread?! I clearly and rightly stated that NO ONE should have to be punished for agreeing to see gay propaganda, or for agreeing TO see it.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
That's funny, I went to that web site:

Professor Search - RateMyProfessors.com

And searched, she is not listed....

More BS, huh?
Michelle*Ozmun - Lamar University - RateMyProfessors.com

You were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies