Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Blah blah blah. I am 27, served in the Army, am a Political Science student and the provider in my family.
Oh, and if you couldn't figure out, I happen to be a female and a registered Republican.

I guess I am helping to destroy the world.

PS: I grew up in a VERY religious family and my family strongly encouraged me to get a higher education and have a career. They must have been guided by Satan LOL.

I really needed the laughs after such a (s)hitty day.
You sound like one of those uppity feminists who will destroy the world!

It IS all women's fault, doncha know?

We have such POWER you'd think these weinie whiny men would be a lot more respectful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A true feminist has a dislike for being anything but equal to a man and sometimes cocky about it . They see themselves as never under a man in any sense of the word.. they usually don't show their man any respect as far as going the extra mile for them and their words show this.. Here is Hillary,, she has softened some as she did stand by her man when he cheated on her.

Hillary Clinton on "baking cookies" - YouTube
I disagree. I am a 'true' feminist and believe women should be given the same opportunities as men and yes, to be seen as equals. Why shouldn't a woman dislike being anything but equal to a man? Should we step aside and be meek just because of our lady bits?

The feminists I know are extremely strong women, and love the men in their lives. I guess because they don't allow themselves to get stepped on that they're not being respectful? I suppose because I expected my live-in boyfriend to share in the chores (especially considering I made more than he did, did all the cooking, grocery shopping and worked more hours than he did all while going to college) it makes me not respectful of him?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
What if Jesus comes back and says it's the Muslims that are right?
It would have been in the scriptures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies