Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
White people are mad because a White man being attacked due to race is never newsworthy. Black people are mad because George Zimmerman is not in jail for a hate crime. Both sides want justice and equality for there own and both sides are attacking each other and resentment is growing between both groups because they both want the same thing and can't seem to understand that.

Sad, and ironic. Most people are stupid and can't understand systems or see things for what they truly are. Such is the game of life when you are a pawn on a politicians chessboard.
It appears to me that a neighborhood created a watch because they were tired of crime. I believe I read where many "white" suspects were called 911 on too because of suspicious behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
I never understand these kinds of threads.

So is the attack on this man supposed to justify the attack on Trayvon Martin? These thugs attacked this man, so that makes it okay to follow, provoke and shoot unarmed black teenagers...because you never know what they may do?

I'm horrified by what happened to this man, but it doesn't make the murder of Trayvon any less horrible.

Anyone who violates the humanity of another person with physical assault or by killing them should be immediately detained and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That goes for the guys who attacked this man, as well as for Zimmerman.
'Another' talking head<<<--You!

MURDER?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I can see that you still have no clue and are nothing more than a parrot for the race baiters!

The 'police' never gave Zimmerman an order or suggestion .. not to follow Martin!

It was a 'dispatcher' and a 'dispatcher' is Not .. I repeat, Not the police!

Also .. Zimmerman was a 'Neighborhood' Watch Captain who's responsibility was to Watch for 'suspicious' activities!

Too .. When the 'dispatcher' said he did not need to follow the 'suspicious' person .. he stopped following and was 'attacked' on his way back to his truck!

You are or are in the pocket of 'race baiters' .. everywhere!

Get some real facts and try again!

As for your 'audio' .. I'll pass!

I'll pass simply because I suspect that it is more of the same .. Misinformation!

BTW: If I wanted to 'follow' someone .. just to 'kill' that someone .. I sure wouldn't call the POLICE beforehand!
Who's in whose pocket? The audio files are the actual 911 calls. Zimmerman's comments that "these *******s always get away", and his previous arrest record, and the fact that he would follow a potentially dangerous person, and the fact that the "Captain of the neighborhood watch" would run around with a gun in the rain, and the fact that residents of the community had previously complained about his methods, all lead me to believe that there is a whole hell of a lot more to this than you are led, or inclined, to believe.

Trayvon had a bag of Skittles. Zimmerman had a gun. Where is the evidence that Trayvon was up to no good?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?1331949268

Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It appears to me that a neighborhood created a watch because they were tired of crime. I believe I read where many "white" suspects were called 911 on too because of suspicious behavior.
No one has a problem with neighborhood watch, citizens attempting to prevent crime, neighbors looking out for criminal activity in their neighborhood. This is not an issue. They should be applauded for that.

But they can not overstep the bounds of the law and violate the civil rights of other law-abiding Americans based on a whim or a hunch by taking the law into their own hands. George Zimmerma did just that and killed an innocent 17 year old (let's even take race out of it). That fact that George Zimmerman was able to walk away by simply claiming self-defense with no corroborating evidence to backing-up his version (because Trayvon can't tell his side of the story) is the real tragedy.

All of the people who are on the side of George Zimmerman view him as a hero because he rid the earth of a Black person. That feels their hearts with glee. They fail to see the bigger picture which is the fact that they themselves (or their child) could one day be lying in the street with a bullet in their body, the killer can claim self-defense and walk free with no investigation.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,547,427 times
Quote:

MURDER?
Yes! There was absolutely no reason for Zimmerman to shoot. Trayvon Martin was unarmed and way smaller than Zimmerman. I could understand some punches being thrown, but shooting?! Never.

If Zimmerman was that much of a coward that he couldn't defend himself against a skinny teenager, he had no business provoking him. If he thought Trayvon was up to no good, he should have just noted which house Trayvon went into, informed the police of it, and let them handle it.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Yes! There was absolutely no reason for Zimmerman to shoot. Trayvon Martin was unarmed and way smaller than Zimmerman. I could understand some punches being thrown, but shooting?! Never.

If Zimmerman was that much of a coward that he couldn't defend himself against a skinny teenager, he had no business provoking him. If he thought Trayvon was up to no good, he should have just noted which house Trayvon went into, informed the police of it, and let them handle it.
Exactly.

One of the most dangerous things to society is an underachieving, frustrated, socially inept coward with access to a deadly weapon.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I'd love to know what's suspicious walking back home after buying snacks at a convenience store. Is it walking while black?
I have walked .. 'while black' and have never been asked what I was doing .. except for one early morning when I was much younger.

I got lost returning to an apartment of a friend.

I was new in New York and new to the neighborhood where my friend was living.

An off duty cop (didn't know he was a cop until after he told me) and neighborhood watch person came strolling over to where I was.

I had been looking around, trying to get my bearings.
All of these buildings were identical in looks.

Turned out, I was actually in the side yard of the correct apartment building and he let me know.

The 'watch' person then let me know that he was an off duty cop and .. 'surprise' .. asked for some ID! (OH NOES!! )

Thing is .. I 'knew' that I looked 'suspicious' at that time of the morning and when asked what I was doing .. I never gave a thought to jumping the guy .. even before I found out that he was an off duty cop!

I didn't really live there and I felt no animosity towards someone asking who I was!

One last thing .. You are a parrot of the Sharptons of the world!

SHOW ME where Martin was just innocently walking down the street with his little bag of candy!

I 'suspect' and it is only speculation on my part but .. I think Martin found himself in a similar situation to mine.

Only difference? .. I didn't attack anyone!

Well .. there is 'another' difference .. JMHO .. Martin was 'casing' the place!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:

I give up .. go back to the DU!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
I have walked .. 'while black' and have never been asked what I was doing .. except for one early morning when I was much younger.

I got lost returning to an apartment of a friend.

I was new in New York and new to the neighborhood where my friend was living.

An off duty cop (didn't know he was a cop until after he told me) and neighborhood watch person came strolling over to where I was.

I had been looking around, trying to get my bearings.
All of these buildings were identical in looks.

Turned out, I was actually in the side yard of the correct apartment building and he let me know.

The 'watch' person then let me know that he was an off duty cop and .. 'surprise' .. asked for some ID! (OH NOES!! )

Thing is .. I 'knew' that I looked 'suspicious' at that time of the morning and when asked what I was doing .. I never gave a thought to jumping the guy .. even before I found out that he was an off duty cop!

I didn't really live there and I felt no animosity towards someone asking who I was!

One last thing .. You are a parrot of the Sharptons of the world!

SHOW ME where Martin was just innocently walking down the street with his little bag of candy!

I 'suspect' and it is only speculation on my part but .. I think Martin found himself in a similar situation to mine.

Only difference? .. I didn't attack anyone!

Well .. there is 'another' difference .. JMHO .. Martin was 'casing' the place!
The difference in your story is that it was in the morning. So, I'm assuming it was daylight?? That's much different from being tailed when it is dark. 7:30PM in January means that it was dark.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,547,427 times
Quote:
JMHO .. Martin was 'casing' the place
There's no point in being in a discussion with someone who is deranged.

You can continue your thread with others who have time to waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies