Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

If the man had defended himself with a handgun there would have been hell to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
There was an arrest....I guess if the criminals said the man went for their hammer the could've claimed self-defense under the stand your ground law and been released.

Anyway, I do feel for the UNIDENTIFIED, RACE NOT SPECIFIED victim and I hope that justice is served. I am glad that he survived the attack.

Cops: Man beaten with hammer, 2 arrested | www.wftv.com

Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
This is nothing new. This is what Al Sharptons mouth causes. I remember Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck and blacks beat him to a pulp during the riots in L A .

L.A. Riots Reginald Denny beating - YouTube

Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
Look, the crowd's going "because he/she/they was/were arrested, Zimmerman wasn't!".

Come up with something else, already.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The media isn't silent, a wingnut blog full of racist comments is reporting on it.

And, of course, I like how you said the victim was "white", wouldn't be a story without making up that part.
That was my 'white side' speaking!

It never fails .. When the 'race' of the victim is "un-disclosed" .. Everyone can 'usually' come to a correct assumption!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I still like the part where the victim was "white", since when did facts ever matter to conservatives?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There was an arrest....I guess if the criminals said the man went for their hammer the could've claimed self-defense under the stand your ground law and been released.

Anyway, I do feel for the UNIDENTIFIED, RACE NOT SPECIFIED victim and I hope that justice is served. I am glad that he survived the attack.

Cops: Man beaten with hammer, 2 arrested | www.wftv.com
Musta missed the head line from the original link...

Quote:
Black Teens Beat 50 Year-Old White Man With Hammer Near Sanford, FL… Media Silent

Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Are they in jail.......

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
In the days of civilized conduct there were rules - even for assault or street fighting...only cowards and mad men take a weapon and attempt to cave in the other guys scull...You just would not consider such a savage thing..But I guess most of the thugs these days have no real street fighting skills..

Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If the man had defended himself with a handgun there would have been hell to pay.

Nonsense, people defend themselves with handguns all the time without a peep or any questions asked.

Comparing EVERY murder to that of Trayvon Martin is getting really old. This has nothing to do with it, nor does it justify his killing. Since people keep referring to those of us who want justice for Trayvon or are empathetic and compassionate toward his parents as lefties can someone please tell me why the "righties" are only outraged when the victim is white and the culprits are black? Can someone explain why righties are incapable of compassion and turn their backs on children of God but claim to be men/women of God?

In case you missed my last post, once again I feel for the victim and hope that justice is served. I am glad that he survived the attack. If he had defended himself with a handgun, I certainly woudn't have taken issue with it. There is a difference between people who assault someone and steal a car and a boy being followed then killed while on his way back from a convenience store. If you don't get that, you are either an idiot or evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies