Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How is that being a bigoted hatemonger?

One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed was a lesbian couple walking through a tailgating parking lot at a Phillies game a few years ago.

Their sons were about 12 and 14 years old and were wearing rainbow strapped, lesbian symbol backpacks.

That's a terrible thing to do to young boys.
Why is this sad to you? Do you know anything about this family, besides the fact that their moms are lesbians? I'd feel more sad about hungry, abused, and/or homeless children - but the conservatives here don't seem to care much about them, it seems. I suggest you refocus those feelings on what's truly sad, as these kids are probably just fine (and likely have better lives than so many others).

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-04-2012 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Why must the gay community constantly shove their sexual preference down our throats? I dont get it. If you're gay, fine. Keep it to yourself. Its none of my business. I dont see hetorsexual people walking around expressing their pride in being straight.
You're wrong. Straight couples in fact do shove their pride down everybody else's throats. You may have never seen it, but they do it to single people, people in less happy relationships, etc. Straight couples make out in public, act schmoozy, hang all over each other, wear matching sweatshirts, and post pictures of themselves all over the internet.

All homosexuals want is to be accepted the way straight couples are.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Leviticus 18:22

New Living Translation (NLT)

22 “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

So, would that be OK on a t-shirt?

Everyone knows that the issue with the t-shirt and the school would apply to any clothing bringing undo attention and taking away from the education process. Just another attempt to promote the idea that homosexuality is a normal, healthy Christian endeavor!
There is no way the term homosexual was used in the original text of the bible. There is no word for homosexual in ancient Hebrew.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Interesting choice of words.

[no further comment]
I always find it ironic how they love using that expression... Freudian, perhaps?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is no way the term homosexual was used in the original text of the bible. There is no word for homosexual in ancient Hebrew.
Ding, ding ding - we have a winner!!

That quote wasn't just a bad translation, it was a flat-out fabrication... and I read Hebrew quite well, FYI.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
I think the problem was more with having the word "Jesus" on the shirt.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:47 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why is this sad to you? Do you know anything about this family, besides the fact that their moms are lesbians? I'd feel more sad about hungry, abused, and/or homeless children - but the conservatives here don't seem to care much about them, it seems. I suggest you refocus those feelings on what's truly sad, as these kids are probably just fine (and likely have better lives than so many others).
I'm actually concerned about the rainbow backpacks as well. This is not a good symbol if homosexuals want support from heterosexuals. I would wear, say, a triangle to support homosexuals...although that specific example would probably not be a good idea because of it's use by the Nazis. I will never wear a rainbow though. That's far too feminent for a 12-14 year old boy to wear who is not a homosexual. If they are homosexuals, then nevermind...although at the ages of 12-14 they'd probably be a little young to know that. They'll be mocked endlessely, and all the girls will view them as feminent, and they won't get a date till they're in their twenties after everyone in high-school has forgotten about them and they've made new friends, and they'll never be invited to play on baseball teams, or come over to someone's house to play videogames. Teenage boys who are not homosexuals should be wearing rainbow backpacks only if they want to be mocked endlessely and have no social life for the next decade.

I am very pro gay marriage though, and pro counter-culture people. Some people just have personalities not common in their sex, and there's nothing wrong with that. There are consequences though, and I'd think it'd be best to avoid those consequences when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
You're wrong. Straight couples in fact do shove their pride down everybody else's throats. You may have never seen it, but they do it to single people, people in less happy relationships, etc. Straight couples make out in public, act schmoozy, hang all over each other, wear matching sweatshirts, and post pictures of themselves all over the internet.

All homosexuals want is to be accepted the way straight couples are.
...and yes, heterosexuality is shoved down people's throats in the media and elsewhere to a far greater extent than homosexuality is.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-04-2012 at 07:21 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post

You complain about homosexuals being insulted, but then say you are proud of insulting religious people. At least admit you want it a certain way. Stop being hypocrites by saying, "I accept everyone. blah blah blah."
There's a word for people like that: "liberals."
"Freedom of speech, unless it goes against our agenda!"

Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I'm actually concerned about the rainbow backpacks as well. This is not a good symbol if homosexuals want support from heterosexuals. I would wear, say, a triangle to support homosexuals...although that specific example would probably not be a good idea because of it's use by the Nazis. I will never be caught dead wearing a rainbow though. That's far too feminent for a 12-14 year old boy to wear who is not a homosexual. If they are homosexuals, then nevermind. They'll be mocked endlessely, and all the girls will view them as feminent, and they won't get a date till they're in their twenties after everyone in high-school has forgotten about them and they've made new friends, and they'll never be invited to play on baseball teams, or come over to someone's house to play videogames. Teenage boys who are not homosexuals should be wearing rainbow backpacks only if they want to be mocked endlessely and have no social life for the next decade.

I am very pro gay marriage though, and pro counter-culture people. Some people just have personalities not common in their sex, and there's nothing wrong with that. There are consequences though, but I think it's best to avoid those consequences when possible.

...and yes, heterosexuality is shoved down people's throats in the media and elsewhere to a far greater extent than homosexuality is.
Your first paragraph makes you look nothing more than a bully. Thankfully, there is a widespread movement across the country right now combating bulling in schools. There is no reason for those two young boys to be excluded from any social activity or teased in school because they want to support their moms

Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

It's been a long time since I bothered reading the Bible.... but I looked at that posters' quote and thought, "what in the hell? I don't ever remember THAT in any Bible! Did he just make that up?"

Which is why American evangelical christendom is a joke. If the word of God is perfect and infallible, I wonder why there are 1000 different versions of the same book... even in the same language!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies