Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,689,745 times

Advertisements

Schools ban these kinds of things for a reason. How would he feel if another student wore a shirt that said 'Jesus thinks homosexuals are sinners'? The school is looking to avoid a live flame war via wardrobe. This is about dress code, not first amendment rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,025,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Schools ban these kinds of things for a reason. How would he feel if another student wore a shirt that said 'Jesus thinks homosexuals are sinners'? The school is looking to avoid a live flame war via wardrobe. This is about dress code, not first amendment rights.
Precisely.
The shirt the kid wore is nothing but an incitement to anger, etc, and hence a distraction to the learning environment.

Good for the school.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,160,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Precisely.
The shirt the kid wore is nothing but an incitement to anger, etc, and hence a distraction to the learning environment.

Good for the school.
How is saying that Jesus was not a homophobe inciting anger? Is it an insult to say someone is not homophobic???

Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,689,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
How is saying that Jesus was not a homophobe inciting anger? Is it an insult to say someone is not homophobic???
Purporting to speak for Jesus could be seen as provocative, and therefore inciting anger.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,543,357 times
Default Gays over expressing themselves. Why?

Why must the gay community constantly shove their sexual preference down our throats? I dont get it. If you're gay, fine. Keep it to yourself. Its none of my business. I dont see hetorsexual people walking around expressing their pride in being straight.

I read an article today about a student who is suing his school for violating his freedom of expression because they are prohibiting him from wearing a t-shirt that reads "Jesus is not a homophobe" Now if he's gay happy and proud, why cant he just be gay happy and proud without causing contraversy and bringing negative attention to himself? I wonder how he would feel if another student wore a t-shirt that reads "homosexuality is a sin". After all, he's just excercising his freedom of expression rights.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM

744 posts, read 810,162 times
Absolutely 100% agree and I like a lot of gay dudes they have cool personalities.

Anyway, I just have to say.....

Gay people - Your gay pride parades do nothing but hurt your image in the eyes of normal people, the drag queens, hairy disgusting men in assless studded leather chaps prancing about, blatant sexual promiscuity and debauchery you place on display for the world to see is shameful.

Ask yourself, would you bring your child to a gay pride parade?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
............(I kind of like the idea of school uniforms. Gets rid of all the political, gang & cheesy/sleezy apparrel & hassles that go along with them. Kids can then concentrate on academics, which way back when was actually the point of public education.)
^^^This!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Jesus would not be a homophobe. That's a certainty.
What is a "homophobe"?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,543,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Absolutely 100% agree and I like a lot of gay dudes they have cool personalities.

Anyway, I just have to say.....

Gay people - Your gay pride parades do nothing but hurt your image in the eyes of normal people, the drag queens, hairy disgusting men in assless studded leather chaps prancing about, blatant sexual promiscuity and debauchery you place on display for the world to see is shameful.

Ask yourself, would you bring your child to a gay pride parade?
I have no problem with gay people who dont go out of their way to make it known that they're gay. I work with plenty of them and even have a few family members who are gay. In my opinion, you're sexual preference isnt something that shouldnt be advertised or on display. That's your personal business. I just dont understand the need to shove it down our throats every chance they get. If sleeping with the same sex makes you happy, then go for it. No need to wear a t-shirt or wave a flag that says so.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,437,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Why must the gay community constantly shove their sexual preference down our throats?

Interesting choice of words.

[no further comment]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies