Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps, but I'd like to see bigoted hatemongers like you checked out first.
How is that being a bigoted hatemonger?

One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed was a lesbian couple walking through a tailgating parking lot at a Phillies game a few years ago.

Their sons were about 12 and 14 years old and were wearing rainbow strapped, lesbian symbol backpacks.

That's a terrible thing to do to young boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 AM

161 posts, read 211,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
"Yawn". Usual homo agenda. More "offended" gays seeking attention. What else is new? That's partly why I believe it's a mental disorder.
You are right, you probably do have a mental disorder.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 AM

210 posts, read 250,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Lol, nice. Pretty much what I expected, to be honest.I'm sure Jesus is very proud of you. But yes, I do look down on you. But then again, I am sure at least half of the board does, so that's nothing special.

That's great Jesus is very proud of me. Too bad I'm agnostic and believe hes just a regular dude that died 2,000 years ago.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How is that being a bigoted hatemonger?

One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed was a lesbian couple walking through a tailgating parking lot at a Phillies game a few years ago.

Their sons were about 12 and 14 years old and were wearing rainbow strapped, lesbian symbol backpacks.

That's a terrible thing to do to young boys.
At that age, there was probably a degree of choice on the children's part. I doubt many 14 year old boys dress according to their parents desires. And what exactly is a "lesbian symbol"? Those boys were probably just expressing their support to their moms.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,142,597 times
Really now. Coulda fooled me.

Don't quite understand all the image macros, though. Certainly not butthurt, and definitely not a fat acne-covered geek. I'm really just here for my own amusement and/or shock and horror.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 AM

25,792 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Leviticus 18:22

New Living Translation (NLT)

22 “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

So, would that be OK on a t-shirt?

Everyone knows that the issue with the t-shirt and the school would apply to any clothing bringing undo attention and taking away from the education process. Just another attempt to promote the idea that homosexuality is a normal, healthy Christian endeavor!

Old 04-04-2012, 05:36 AM

25,792 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
One could also argue that it's no one's business what one does with his or her kid.

[mind your own, comrade]
You're going to lose that argument. Ever heard of child protective services? While you may take your child to the gay parade, there are many activities and actions that you cannot submit your children to. I am surprised that you did not know that. Hopefully, you do not have children with that attitude.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,213,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Yes and a disruptive, inflammatory, and highly offensive defilement of religion and the religious as well.
I suppose a shirt with "Jesus said 'love your neighbor as yourself'" would be a defilement of religion, as well, right?

Anyway, the courts up to and including the SCOTUS have favored schools over students in many free speech issues. I agree that the shirt was provocative, sad to say but it's the truth. Think of it as the many passages of Jesus versus the Pharisees - a stick in the eye of conventional, conformist thought. But schools have an interest in avoiding disruptions in the school day, so I understand their point; however, I'm curious if this school has disallowed other message clothing and what kinds of messages have been worn with no objection- namely, was his singled out?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,339,520 times
As a heterosexual, I've never understood why some homosexuals are so intentionally counter-culture...or maybe it's not intentional. Maybe it's just their personalities. I do think a more effective way to raise tolerance levels than homosexual pride parades would be to have a nationwide, annual, homosexual-pride based, knife-throwing competition.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This particular "slogan" is intended as a direct attack against Christians, it would seem. It is the same as saying, "Christians are homophobes." It is an "in your face" display of his homosexuality, and I agree with you on this point. Why does he find this necessary? For that reason, I can understand it being banned.
How is it attacking Christians to say Jesus wasn't hateful or fearful? That sounds more like a compliment to me! Also not seeing how this indicates he's a homosexual... considering many (most I hope) heterosexuals are NOT homophobes, right? I'd proudly wear a t-shirt like that, in fact I have a few GLBTQ-themed shirts from the Pride parades I've attended - and I am a straight woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies