Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,370,923 times

Advertisements

It's not a pissing contest. I said in an earlier post that the race baiting would send a call out the the racists on BOTH SIDES. Or do you only care when it's against "your side"?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
One of the problems now will be anytime finds something offensive they want criminal charges broght for being offended.
I fail to see the problem. If any citizen or group of citizens are concerned about police ineptitude, lack of concern, or ignoring a criminal statute the have every right AND responsibility to he heard.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What am I suppose to be happy about, the beating or the fact that police are investigating?
I was referring the the MSM's race baiting to get higher ratings. Are you admitting to being a race baiter?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then you obviously must feel he didn't think of Martin as a threat, right? This contradicts his 911 call in which he kept calling him suspicious and up to no good. He even said he was carrying something in his waistband. Although I never even implied for a minute that Zimmerman was chasing him with his gun out, I am certain that anyone who has a legal gun permit and received proper instructions, knows that you don't go after someone you feel might be a criminal. It's part of every training, including Neighborhood Watch groups.
I don't think Zimmerman expected, nor was prepared for, a confrontation. I think he figured that since TM ran, he would check to see which way he ran to report it to the police when they arrived.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Well to no surprise it sounds as if a lot of folks are tossing conspiracy theories around rather than just admit that they might have been wrong about this whole thing.

Seriously, is it that difficult to admit that things might have gone the way that Zimmerman described them?

I'm completely impartial to this, but when neither the feds, the state or the local PD are able to find anything else this far into it in order to even make a simple arrest, let alone an idictment or charge...then whether you agree or not...it would have to cast atleast some doubt as to whether trayvon was completely innocent in all of this.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I was referring the the MSM's race baiting to get higher ratings. Are you admitting to being a race baiter?
Are you admitting to trolling? Because of all the informational post that I have written I have yet to read quoting any of them?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:30 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times

Or this...

Armed Neo-Nazis Now Patrolling Sanford, Say They Are "Prepared" for Post-Trayvon Martin Violence UPDATED - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Are you admitting to trolling? Because of all the informational post that I have written I have yet to read quoting any of them?
I never said you were a race baiter, I posted saying that I hope the race baiters are happy, and you replied:

Quote:
What am I suppose to be happy about, the beating or the fact that police are investigating?
I didn't say it, you did. I posted previously that all the race baiting the MSM is doing is stirring up racial divide and will cause all the extremists to come out of the woodwork and take action. I posted a link to an example of that. How exactly is that trolling?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Debunked.

The original source has updated their story:

Quote:
UPDATE: The Sanford Police Department says it has no evidence of neo-Nazis in the area. "We have not seen any neo-Nazis on patrol nor have we had any reports of them," Sgt. David Morgenstern says. He adds there have been no signs of the New Black Panther Party either.
Armed Neo-Nazis Now Patrolling Sanford, Say They Are "Prepared" for Post-Trayvon Martin Violence UPDATED - Miami News - Riptide 2.0

Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Don't read too much into it. My point is that some people are trying to paint this kid as a bad kid to justify his murder.

My question is, did I miss something? Was he doing something other than minding his business? I don't think he was, but why does something like this always turn into black vs white?
Oh, balderdash. Nobody is saying he deserved to be murdered, which he wasn't. He was killed in self defense.

They (including me) are saying he isn't the squeaky clean, cutsie little kid portrayed in 5 year old pictures.

He was well on his way to becoming a thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.