Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Zimmerman's family in hiding and has contacted Eric Holder's DOJ:

Zimmerman family challenges Holder on New Black Panthers, says no arrests ‘based solely on your race’ | The Daily Caller

Quote:
In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday, obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller, a family member of George Zimmerman asked the nation’s top law enforcement officer why he has chosen to not arrest members of the New Black Panther Party for their rhetoric — some of which may fit the federal government’s definition of a hate crime — throughout the Trayvon Martin case.

Quote:
The New Black Panthers have issued ultimatums to the Sanford authorities, saying they want Zimmerman arrested “dead or alive.” They have placed a bounty on Zimmerman’s head, and have called for the building of an army of vigilantes to track him down and effect a citizen’s arrest.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And that's the difference, you would have choice words and maybe told the guy to get lost. You would not have physically assaulted the guy. If you did then you've escalated the problem.
There is no evidence that Trayvon "physically assaulted" Zimmerman. Zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Well excuse the bleep out of me...I didn't realize YOU were the only one permitted to post updates and opinions...

Going back to my reason for posting and original question....

So, we know according to Florida law because the State Attorney is not giving it to the Grand Jury, he WILL NOT be charged with first-degree murder.

If she is unable to charge him at all...what then?....

And BTW It is a Real Possibility that he won't be charged at all...
I don't think you read the link from the Huffpo and several other newspapers. The attorney is going to decide on her own. Armchair lawyers leap to conclusions.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Agreed. But you can also argue that by getting out of the car, a confrontation was inevitable as he was in pursuit- a confrontation in which one person at best had his fists, the other had a gun.
I do believe we both agree that it's a tragedy that should never have happened. We guys have all done very stupid things in our teens and I reflect back how lucky I am to be here today.

The whole issue is a mess and a series of bad decisions and poor judgment by all the parties involved. Did GZ probably make mistakes and overreact, probably. Did Trayvon possibly do something by overreacting, probably.

Could this be a series of overreaction and poor judgment ? Absolutely.

But I have to have faith that someone is examining the facts a lot closer than you or I.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Eye witness said he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman pounding his head into the concrete.

Broken nose and gashes on the back of his head are not enough proof to you even with an eye witness?

But it is ok with you for people to say that Zimmerman hunted him down and killed him in cold blood when you know that is not the truth at all?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
then you believe the cop was lying about seeing injuries to zimmerman at the scene. some other guy must have done it.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Talk about being an armchair lawyer Are you a member of the SPD or the investigation team?? Were you there???

Quote:
I don't think you read the link from the Huffpo and several other newspapers. The attorney is going to decide on her own. Armchair lawyers leap to conclusions.
I don't think YOU read my post, try slowing down a bit and read carefully before you spout off! Here let me help you with that click here for tiluha's original post

And please...get over yourself...

Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
then you believe the cop was lying about seeing injuries to zimmerman at the scene. some other guy must have done it.
I'm sure he bumped his head getting in the cop car.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM

32 posts, read 20,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Well...the Specially Appointed State Attorney will NOT give this case to the Grand Jury, so it's up to her and what she has uncovered in the investigation...Now...none of us know all the details of this case and the media has just spun this story out of control, lots of untruths, speculations, accusations, inaccuracies, etc. have been hashed and rehashed, but the bottom line is this... it's a real possibility that the State Attorney WILL NOT charge GZ, what then?
The Special Prosecutor is somewhat known as a harsh prosecutor. If she does not charge Zimmerman, she most likely will feel the need to explain in great detail WHY she did not charge him. Her district/circuit where she is the ELECTED State Attorney has a very large black population and she has to run for re-election at some time. This case is too high profile to sweep it under the rug at this point. She could have avoided any political fallout if she had just taken the case to the grand jury; seems to me that it is more likely that she is going to charge Zimmerman because she chose not to present this to a grand jury.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
To take a page from you Zimmerman supporters, his injuries do not mean that they were inflicted by Trayvon. All I've heard about for real is a bloody nose. And he could have thrown the first punch!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM

32 posts, read 20,140 times
Quote:
there are more that you haven't heard. if you can, please read the police report. zimmerman was reported to have injuries to the head while funereal director described trayvon with no injuries. there was a struggle and scream for help. there was a witness that stated trayvon was on top and other witnesses that only heard the screams and shot saying it sounded like a young man screaming. after the shot, zimmerman was seen being on top. initial police reported that zimmerman's back was wet and had grass stains.

all the ones that support trayvon are going for gun hating prejudices (anyone carrying a gun is out to be a vigilante) therefore, they believe that trayvon was a victim of a gun toting vigilante. they use past complaints against zimmerman but ignore that trayvon could have been a hot head and actually did violently attacked zimmerman. again, there is evidence that zimmerman suffered injuries and trayvon didn't. this is an important fact that connects the dot to what may have actually happened.
The seriousness of the "injuries" will be determined by whether or not Zimmerman had to seek medical attention for them. If he did, the medical records will be critical.

Experts have already determined that the voice screaming "help" was not zimmerman. There have been studies conducted which show that eye witnesses are the worst possible witnesses; they are almost always wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies