Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 PM

32 posts, read 20,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
read the police report: http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6...94d3364970c-pi

Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head.

now you've read about the back of his head bleeding. adding that he could have thrown the first punch is uncertain. what is certain is that zimmerman has injuries and martin has no injuries but is dead. since you added that trayvon may not have inflicted those injuries, then do you have evidence to believe someone else did?
Again, how serious were the injuries? If nose was bleeding and broken, why no ice pack or cold pack? EMTs carry that sort of thing with them. Anyway, what will carry the most weight is whether or not zimmerman felt seriously injured enough to go to the doctor, and if he did go to the doctor, what do the medical records show. I'm sure the Special Prosecutor's investigators are experienced enough to find the evidence regarding the injuries and how serious they were.

Could be that zimmerman tripped and fell, Could be that Trayvon SAW the gun and that's why he was screaming. Could be a lot of things. Grainy video of the back of zimmerman's head is pretty flimsy evidence of injuries, much less serious injuries. The EMTs will also play a part in the evidence. They apparently saw zimmerman's injuries, so what they have to say will carry weight.

zimmerman's attorneys are hinting at brain damage (shaken baby syndrome)....but, yet, there are ways to determine accurately whether or not someone has brain damage, so when he gets charged there will be medical experts who will examine him.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
At the risk of being called a gun nut and a racist, yes, it is possible that Trayvon was a hothead and/or attacked Zimmerman, and I fully support the right to keep and bear arms. I will say this though, if I was walking at night minding my business and someone started following me I may feel threatened enough to attack.

My point is, if I am minding my own business, you should mind yours.

We may never know exactly what happened, but I have to think that this could have been avoided had Zimmerman not followed Trayvon. Call 911 if you feel you have to, but leave the rest to police.
the punishment for punching someone should not be the death penalty

Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Totally agree. And she was appointed by Gov. Rick Scott, who is in line to be a one-term gov unless he does something to save himself. (52% disapproval rating at the end of March*)

Kinda a surreal political thing - tanking right-wing gov appoints tough, born again state attorney to the case and she (state attorney) decides to rule on her own, no grand jury.

For all the wrong reasons, the right decision will be made and Zimmerman will have his day in court.

I guess sometimes justice has to come in through the back door.

* A new poll shows Gov. Rick Scott's standing with Florida voters is slipping again.

The Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday shows 52 percent disapprove of how Scott is doing his job while only 36 percent approve.

Read more here: Fla. Gov. Rick Scott's poll numbers slip again - Florida Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/28/2719215/fla-gov-rick-scotts-poll-numbers.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)
Well, he got a surge in the polls after he started executing people last fall. I guess that has run its course, so this case, as you say, has potential to help him.

Justice is good even if it comes in the back door.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Somewhere around here, I posted the credentials of one of those imaginary voice experts. You can search my posts to find it.

Truth is, the guy runs a fat farm out of his basement. He's an expert only in his own mind.
If true, he has much in common with CD P & OC posters... LOL (I will include myself in that group- )

Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 PM

381 posts, read 506,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In your mind but obviously not in the mind of the lead investigator who originally wanted to charge Zimmerman or in the mind of the Special prosecutor who certainly, by now, has had at the very least ascertained the extent of Zimmerman's injuries.
then why didn't he charge zimmerman? he can't blame the DA. he's the lead investigator. it's his job to find evidence to charge zimmerman with. he must be the incompetent one.

lead investigator: i want to charge zimmerman for murder
DA: do you have evidence?
lead investigator: no, but i still want to charge him for murder
DA: do your job and find me evidence, then we will charge him for murder
lead investigator: bummer, he's the son of a virginia magistrate. everyone is on the payroll...

...LoL

Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Somewhere around here, I posted the credentials of one of those imaginary voice experts. You can search my posts to find it.

Truth is, the guy runs a fat farm out of his basement. He's an expert only in his own mind.
The State and defense attorneys will not hire an unqualified guy who runs a fat farm. They know who the qualified experts are in that field of forensics and they know who to hire to do testing.

So of the two guys who examined the recording, one runs a fat farm. What about the other one? Generally people with recording expertise are the people are are the experts in the field of voice recognition.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
okay, i know when i'm replying to someone that hasn't been keeping up with the news. do a google search on trayvon martin funereal director.
So now the funereal (sic) director is the coroner? Many people disputed on this board disputed his claim.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
then why didn't he charge zimmerman? he can't blame the DA. he's the lead investigator. it's his job to find evidence to charge zimmerman with. he must be the incompetent one.

lead investigator: i want to charge zimmerman for murder
DA: do you have evidence?
lead investigator: no, but i still want to charge him for murder
DA: do your job and find me evidence, then we will charge him for murder
lead investigator: bummer, he's the son of a virginia magistrate. everyone is on the payroll...

...LoL
The lead investigator cannot charge someone. The person responsible for charging defendants is the State Attorney............they say yes or no. Not investigator. Do you think all state attorneys are non-political?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM

381 posts, read 506,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
the punishment for punching someone should not be the death penalty
i don't value the life of stupid people. consider it removing stupid from the community. if one punches another who has a gun, expect to die. is this not common sense? go punch a cop in the nose and bash his head on the ground and tell us the results.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So now the funereal (sic) director is the coroner? Many people disputed on this board disputed his claim.
Absolutely right. Medical Examiner and funeral director are TWO totally different jobs. The medical examiner would have examined Trayvon for many things, including injuries other than the bullet wound. I have not seen any release of the autopsy report. So we will see if there were any injuries to his hands from beating zimmerman as zimmerman said. If you hit someone hard enough to break their nose and cause serious injury to the back of their head, there will be some injuries to your hand. That is exactly the kind of thing the Medical Examiner will be looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies