Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 09:53 PM

32 posts, read 20,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Both are court certified experts in their fields of forensic audiology. You should take the time to go over Owens vitas.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Actually, Trayvon was apparently buried in Miami, which was his home. Again, there are 3 separate entities investigating here: Angela Corey, the Republican State's Attorney for the Fourth Judicial Circuit Court, the FBI and the DoJ. This is such a high profile case that all 3 will be scrupulous in examining the evidence, making sure that every i is dotted and every t crossed. I don't watch The Wire; I'm more interested in Nat Geo, the Doc channel, books and sometimes a movie. Trayvon is dead; it's difficult to accept the label of supporter of his when "a justice supporter" would be more accurate. Living in a primarily rural area, I know well how some small town police departments work, and from all accounts the Sanford PD had a "sloppy record." If I'm adamant about anything, it's that this investigation be concluded in an honest and impartial way. To be honest, I believe that it looks as though Zimmerman may be in deeper trouble than one might suspect: Corey may well go with the initial detective's assessment and charge him with manslaughter. Judging by the actions of
the Zimmerman family, they're preparing for a lengthy trial, a civil suit or
both. What you interpret as positive signs for Zimmerman may actually be
quite the opposite. If the evidence exonerates Zimmerman, I'll "woman up"
and admit that I misread events.
I am not debating the details of the investigation--been there, done that. The argument goes in circles and far too much of the information provided to the public is circumstantial and speculative. As conspiratal as some folks on here have been about the situation, I think it's leaning in favor of Zimmerman at this point. As I've mentioned, whether you have watched the Wire or recognize who John Gotti is, this isn't a terribly complicated case. It is only difficult for the prosecutors because they haven't found a thing to hit him with, and that has to make you wonder. I mean they've switched prosecutors up, and dragged this on for 6 weeks now. With it being a high profile and all, I'm sure that it has been given the attention that it derserves, and considering the fact that with 3 separate investigations that have been involved at the highest levels and not a single agency has been able to provide a simple arrest--forget a conviction, but we're talking simple probable cause here--you have to wonder that maybe, just maybe Zimmerman may have been telling the truth in order for his case not to fall apart at the seems.

Like I mentioned before, I don't think folks understand just how difficult it is to cover up a murder. I don't believe that Zimmerman has the experience or the skills to pull one over on the Feds. But like it or not, right now--his story is sticking, which tells me something.

As fornow, unless something new comes up, he's looking like Mr. Untouchable. I'm just curious as to how long will it take some of Treyvon's most ardent supporters to reach the point of acceptance, because honestly, I'm pretty much already there. Again, unless they have reason to arrest him, I'm not convinced that this is going anywhere right now.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
George Zimmerman has set up an official defense fund website.

The Real George Zimmerman

Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Friday, April 7th. of this year, the New Black Panthers held this conference call. Is the FBI watching this bunch of racist nuts, closely?
This group is a hate group just like the KKK. Even the Black Panther Party of the 1960-70 era denounced these idiots.

However, I'm sure the FBI is keeping an eye on any group that threatens violence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

[url=http://www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com/]The Real George Zimmerman[/url]
Make sure you send your donation in tonight, Backspace.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 PM

32 posts, read 20,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I am not debating the details of the investigation--been there, done that. The argument goes in circles and far too much of the information provided to the public is circumstantial and speculative. As conspiratal as some folks on here have been about the situation, I think it's leaning in favor of Zimmerman at this point. As I've mentioned, whether you have watched the Wire or recognize who John Gotti is, this isn't a terribly complicated case. It is only difficult for the prosecutors because they haven't found a thing to hit him with, and that has to make you wonder. I mean they've switched prosecutors up, and dragged this on for 6 weeks now. With it being a high profile and all, I'm sure that it has been given the attention that it derserves, and considering the fact that with 3 separate investigations that have been involved at the highest levels and not a single agency has been able to provide a simple arrest--forget a conviction, but we're talking simple probable cause here--you have to wonder that maybe, just maybe Zimmerman may have been telling the truth in order for his case not to fall apart at the seems.

Like I mentioned before, I don't think folks understand just how difficult it is to cover up a murder. I don't believe that Zimmerman has the experience or the skills to pull one over on the Feds. But like it or not, right now--his story is sticking, which tells me something.

As fornow, unless something new comes up, he's looking like Mr. Untouchable. I'm just curious as to how long will it take some of Treyvon's most ardent supporters to reach the point of acceptance, because honestly, I'm pretty much already there. Again, unless they have reason to arrest him, I'm not convinced that this is going anywhere right now.
The Feds would be looking for evidence of a hate crime. That's the federal law.

The Special Prosecutor would be looking for evidence of manslaughter or murder at the state level.

The Special Prosecutor was appointed only a few weeks ago. It has not been that long. And the Feds came in after the Special Prosecutor was appointed. I'm thinking this "no news is good news for zimmerman," just may not be the case. Could be that the Special Prosecutor is compiling a very strong case before filing charges.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betina92811 View Post

The Special Prosecutor would be looking for evidence of manslaughter or murder at the state level.

The Special Prosecutor was appointed only a few weeks ago. It has not been that long. And the Feds came in after the Special Prosecutor was appointed. I'm thinking this "no news is good news for zimmerman," just may not be the case. Could be that the Special Prosecutor is compiling a very strong case before filing charges.
That's what I think too. Evenstar51 said that in an earlier post. IIRC the murder of Jennifer Hudson's family was in 2008 and jury selection is just beginning now. The justice system isn't speedy. Although in this case, I'm wondering why it took 4 years to get to court, but that's an entirely different topic.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Make sure you send your donation in tonight, Backspace.
I financially support groups that are already offering support to Zimmerman, I'm already set.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

The Real George Zimmerman
Looks like he already has a defense lawyer...who drafted up this statement on behalf of Zimmerman....there is a telling statement in a quote on this site, by Edmund Burke...."evil wins when a good guy does nothing"---to loosely para phrase.............The American flag in the back ground makes it appear that Zimmerman is a hero that stands up for AMERICAN values and traditions..

The small pring with the Burke quote states....I am Zimmerman...I am a good man and I killed evil......

This guy had better get a better lawyer..this stuff is pedestrian.

Oh and the fact that he is asking for living expense is a bit odd.............let him apply for welfare....of course that not enough money ...good enough for black folks but not him.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betina92811 View Post

Of course the Feds, have jurisdiction over another piece of the investigation. However, I don't know if you've ever conducted an investigation before, but in the course of your investigation, if you come across information that pertains to a separate charge, then you have to report it, you don't ignore it. You may not deal with it personally--but who ever is dealing with it, you have to provide them with that information. That's true for the Feds, and the State. I'm sure that they are conducting their own investigations on the matter from start to bottom, and they will share information between agencies if they come across something that would be beneficial to their collaterals.

As for the special prosecutor, they could be compiling a very strong case, and so could the feds, however I don't know how that's even possible if you simply cannot make an arrest. It seems like a last bit of wishful thinking by Zimmerman's doubters.

But IMO, like I've said before, there is nothing terribly complicated about this case. The only "complication" is their ability to dig up a charge. I'm not convinced the man is going anywhere until I see him in cuffs. I don't think it's officially a "slam dunk" for Zimmerman either, but I do think that given the circumstances the ball is in his court at this time.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Here are a couple photographs and statements from George Zimmerman concerning his use of self defense.

http://www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com/images/06bfcb113f27c82bf79c6767ed07fdca.jpg (broken link)

http://www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com/images/4f8e1015aac4b2192076ada183c3a638.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
I am the real George Zimmerman,
On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.
It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my “Defense Fund” or "Legal Fund". I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.
I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.

Sincerely,
George Zimmerman

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-10-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies