Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 PM

29 posts, read 21,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
You are free to go any time. If the last POTUS said and did the same exact thing, when someone asked him about the killing of a teenage boy, it would be a non-issue. If we are descending into a third world nation, it has a lot more to do with the gap the continues to widen between the rich and the poor and nothing to do with the POTUS' statment about Travyon Martin or the attorney general.
When the black chief legal officer in the land does not even take a stand or have a presser regarding the fact that a racist organization has put out an "alive or dead" bounty on a U.S. citizen.....we are definitely descending into "tribal politics" as can be seen all over that great "functioning" continent of Africa. When the POTUS purposefully creates racial tensions for political gain by saying "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon"....on a story that was local in nature then we are certainly descending into tribalism.....let me know how all that works out in the near future......

Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM

29 posts, read 21,409 times
Quote:
You are free to go any time.
Well now.....so far the Black Panther Party has not put out a bounty on me.....and my mother is not from another country....so I have no where to go. Not to mention that my ancestors came over in 1640 and we've spent the last three and a half centuries helping to build up this country. I have my guns and ammo ready to help keep things in order.....

Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
When the black chief legal officer in the land does not even take a stand or have a presser regarding the fact that a racist organization has put out an "alive or dead" bounty on a U.S. citizen.....we are definitely descending into "tribal politics" as can be seen all over that great "functioning" continent of Africa. When the POTUS purposefully creates racial tensions for political gain by saying "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon"....on a story that was local in nature then we are certainly descending into tribalism.....let me know how all that works out in the near future......

Yeah your post cetainly has not so subtle racial undetones. Are you saying that no POTUS has ever commented on a local matter or empathized with a family who just lost a loved one? Has every POTUS commented every time some idiotic militia group says something stupid? I certainly don't recall the last three POTUS commenting on things that the skinheads or KKK said or did. I don't recall them commenting when a black man was dragged from a truck or every time a threat was made. Double standards... And please don't act like the POTUS has made a statement every time a black person is killed by a white person. There have been three recent instances of blacks getting shot by police officers and there has not been a peep from the Whitehouse.

When I looked at Travyon's picture for the first time and read the story, I thought about my own children - many parents of all races did the same. It takes an evil cold-heated person to side with the killer and demonize a teenage boy whose life ended prematurely. It is truly sickening that some of you get aroused at the the thought of Zimmerman killing a teenage black male and getting away with it. Some of us have evolved enough to view people of all races as human beings and then there are the ignorant racists that are an embarrassment to this country.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Zimmerman's mother is Peruvian I believe.....perhaps he has fled to Peru. That's what I would probably do when the President of the United States is part of the lynch mob.....and the black attorney general looks the other way as a racist organization puts an illegal bounty on a U.S. citizen with complete impunity......we are truly descending into a third world nation......
The POTUS is part of a what?

Amazing that some people are not aware of how obtuse they sound.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
The New Black Panther Party is not a group that deserves the President's attention. If this were the case, he would spend weeks denouncing every hate group from the KKK to the League of the South.

"Tribalism?" Is this a buzz word used by the Ayran Terror Brigade or is it the Neo-Nazi Party? Yes, we all know Barack and Michelle get the kids and they all dance around a bonfire and bang drums every night to ward off the evils of the Republicans.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The POTUS is part of a what?

Amazing that some people are not aware of how obtuse they sound.
Obtuse? You are being too kind.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
BS!! I have a son and if he had been shot to death at 17 under questionable circumstances, I damn well would have wanted a full scale investigation into his death.

Martin's parents got nothing - NOTHING. A dim witted, over zealous, ARMED, wanna be cop stalked him, shot him, and then walked away with an "it was self-defense" excuse. No no crime scene investigation, no drug/alcohol test for Zimmerman, no investigation of any kind - no justice for Trayvon Martin.

Decent people want to know the who/what/why of their teenaged son's murder - they don't just toss him into the ground with an, "Oh well, time to move on."

I can't rep you again, but you nailed it. As another mother of a son, you speak for me as well...I'd be camped in front of the Police Department until there was demonstrable action regarding a thorough investigation.
The family of Trayvon Martin were treated with callous disrespect; small
wonder that they asked for help from national leaders. The gullible folks who rushed to donate to "help" Zimmerman quite possibly paid for a one way ticket to Peru; he'll have family there, will let his hair grow out and
live without fear of justice being served to him. Hopefully Corey will subpoena Hannity for any information he might have. Throughout this tragedy, Zimmerman has behaved as a classic coward: He ignored advice to remain in his vehicle, trailed an innocent teen while armed, killed Martin after trailing him, gave self-serving testimony during his brief interrogation,
had his family and friends make racially charged statements on television,
set up a donation website, never had a face-to-face meeting with his lawyers and has now taken off. Typical bully/coward actions. We can only hope that, like Joran van der Sloot, he'll be found and forced to take personal responsibility for his actions. It's our prayer for justice.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Well now.....so far the Black Panther Party has not put out a bounty on me.....and my mother is not from another country....so I have no where to go. Not to mention that my ancestors came over in 1640 and we've spent the last three and a half centuries helping to build up this country. I have my guns and ammo ready to help keep things in order.....
All those centuries here and yet proper English hasn't been achieved. Yep, no doubt the family contribution has been invaluable.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You left out the most important part, that being this:

Being hunted down with a bounty on his head by the REAL RACISTS.
Yes, that's it. I live in Florida and I just saw him heading down I-75 in a white Ford Bronco.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Yeah your post cetainly has not so subtle racial undetones. Are you saying that no POTUS has ever commented on a local matter or empathized with a family who just lost a loved one? Has every POTUS commented every time some idiotic militia group says something stupid? I certainly don't recall the last three POTUS commenting on things that the skinheads or KKK said or did. I don't recall them commenting when a black man was dragged from a truck or every time a threat was made. Double standards... And please don't act like the POTUS has made a statement every time a black person is killed by a white person. There have been three recent instances of blacks getting shot by police officers and there has not been a peep from the Whitehouse.

When I looked at Travyon's picture for the first time and read the story, I thought about my own children - many parents of all races did the same. It takes an evil cold-heated person to side with the killer and demonize a teenage boy whose life ended prematurely. It is truly sickening that some of you get aroused at the the thought of Zimmerman killing a teenage black male and getting away with it. Some of us have evolved enough to view people of all races as human beings and then there are the ignorant racists that are an embarrassment to this country.
Exactly!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:

Guess they've forgotten Bush's intervention into a local matter when he pushed for Congressional legislation to prevent Terri Schiavo's husband from ending life support for his brain dead wife. A little more than a 'comment', but I think it should count.... Bush signs Schiavo legislation - US news - msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies