Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
Most racist comment on the thread......congratulations....you win....
Tell me which part is not true?

Were minorities treated equally?
Were women given equal rights?
Were gay people mistreated?

I'm curious as to what you find racist about factual information...

Old 04-10-2012, 10:27 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
Most racist comment on the thread......congratulations....you win....
Do you know what it means to be racist and how was the comment racist?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 PM

381 posts, read 506,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I didn't realize an eye witness who saw the confrontation from beginning to end had come forward. Thanks for your insight.

BTW, the only thug in this case is Zimmerman.
go read the police report... i don't think zimmerman is smart enough to self inflict his wounds and bribe the cops. thugs like to beat up on people, who do you think beat up zimmerman? why are you ignoring the police report?

let me guess, you would rather believe a for profit expert than an eyewitness policeman.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There goes the "thug" word again. Let me ask you...are you reading tea leaves or crystal gazing to get your facts?
read the police report. zimmerman has injuries. go connect the dots. someone beat up zimmerman and got shot. thugs like to beat up people. the label fits.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
go read the police report... i don't think zimmerman is smart enough to self inflict his wounds and bribe the cops. thugs like to beat up on people, who do you think beat up zimmerman? why are you ignoring the police report?

let me guess, you would rather believe a for profit expert than an eyewitness policeman.
I didn't see any signs of a "brutal beating" in the little snippet that was released on the news but I don't doubt Martin fought him. For me the question is "why" he fought him. I know Zimmerman is saying Martin approached him and attacked him but there's no evidence to support that. I haven't found Zimmerman guilty in the court of my personal opinion but I just don't fully believe his account of the story.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yes it is...I am not proud of my white skin...in fact I never gave it a thought - ever...I am proud of other things...Do you think Ray Charles was proud ? I would say he was proud of himself.....ask this question ---what was Ray more proud of...his skin or his ability to write-perform and sing?
let's leave Ray out of this. he didn't know he's black...

Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
read the police report. zimmerman has injuries. go connect the dots. someone beat up zimmerman and got shot. thugs like to beat up people. the label fits.
thugs also like to shoot people, preferably unarmed ones.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If it is, Zimmerman could be hiding out there.
Actually, I suspect he's one of the posters on this thread.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Also, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

God in Heaven!
It makes one wonder how very foolish some people are feeling now that Zimmerman has absconded with their money. Corey has said that she'll be making a statement in the next 72 hours. As we all know, the office of
State's Attorney is an elected one, and Corey is a Republican in a very diverse district; I'm wondering if she had decided to go with the initial detective, who wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter but was over-ruled. It's possible that word got back to the Zimmerman family; those things often happen in small town police departments. So now that paragon of neighborhood security, bravery and heroism is revealed as just another coward, running from his "personal responsibility" as fast and far as possible. It's no surprise to many of us.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
People should not feel proud or ashamed of being a women, gay or a minority. All reasonable people accept women, gays and minorities as equals, the people who do not are not really worth the effort.
The only time I've been embarrassed about my color is when I meet idiots like the loud racists I mentioned in my earlier post. Nobody else would say anything, which surprised me. That's why I try to speak up when I see or hear something that bothers me, but it's also risky. You never know who is going to hurt you, and I break very easily.

I agree that most people who are bigots are not worth the effort, but I meet a lot of people who have different views and, if I can sit down and have a civil discussion with them, it sometimes makes a difference, although I admit that's rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies