Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
there is no evidence on who started the fight.
And that's the whole problem.

Without knowing who started the fight, there is no way to know if Martin acted or reacted.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM

381 posts, read 506,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Near impossible when a person is sitting on your chest/waist area.
not impossible. anything is possible during a struggle. you've never wrestled before eh? a simple twist of the body can expose an opening to grab the pistol.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And that's the whole problem.

Without knowing who started the fight, there is no way to know if Martin acted or reacted.
but we know martin violently attacked zimmerman which caused his death. why do you keep ignoring this fact?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,521 times
Quote:
i'm glad you brought this up. i remembered when my buddy broke his nose, it changed his voice to a higher pitch feminine type.

if the voice experts compared zimmerman's voice before then after the broken nose, it would be different.

thanks for helping out zimmerman's case... LoL

as for comparing it with martin, when the lead detective played the 911 recording, the dad said it wasn't his son. of course, he changed his mind afterwards.

This is a lie. His dad never said that it wasn't his son. If so, prove it. Provide a link to a credible source. The first time the tape was played for TM's parents, it was played by the mayor who says his mother ran of the room crying because it WAS her son.

U.S. News - Trayvon Martin case: Mayor says police resisted release of 911 tapes

Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
but we know martin violently attacked zimmerman which caused his death. why do you keep ignoring this fact?
Because as I stated in my very first post we don't know WHY they were fighting.
Why do you keep ignoring this fact?

You keep saying "Oh it's probable...it's possible...perhaps" but the bottom line is you don't know anything more than I do. You just have this need to believe that Martin attacked Zimmerman for no other reason except he wanted to.

If that's your personal belief fine but stop trying to pass off your opinion as factual information.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
BS - Trayvon Martin was talking on the phone with his girlfriend, coming back from a convenience store. I am sure he felt threatened when he saw a strange man following him. Teaching a cracker a lesson was probably the furthest thing from his mind. Why would someone remain on the phone while "lying in wait"?
The question that keeps coming to my mind, is if he felt threatened or scared, why didn't he run all the way home? If I was a scared kid, that's what I would have done.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The question that keeps coming to my mind, is if he felt threatened or scared, why didn't he run all the way home? If I was a scared kid, that's what I would have done.
Who knows?

One of the questions that keeps coming to my mind is why would Zimmerman leave his car to follow someone who was acting weird, reaching and their waist and appeared to be on drugs? If I saw someone that fit that description I would have stayed in my car and locked the doors.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I had to come back and address this. Let me attempt to explain this very simply so that you can keep up...

Zimmerman did not know about the calls, but he knew that that there were neighbors within earshot and possible witnesses, therefore, he could have assumed that he needed to cover his butt. Clear enough now?
it takes a clear mind to come up with that. when in a struggle that resulted in a death, one will not have a calm clear mind to think about things like that. most likely, he was still in shock that he was in a fight for his life and killed someone.

remember the time line. his adrenaline levels are just starting to drop off.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
not impossible. anything is possible during a struggle. you've never wrestled before eh? a simple twist of the body can expose an opening to grab the pistol.
Yes i hav wrestled and i was attacked by two brothers once from behind and i got one hell of a beating from one sitting on my chest/waist area and had i had a gun tp pull it sure would have been near impossible due to the whirlwind of fists hitting my face and my face sure showed quite a few marks from it.The guy weighed about 20 pounds or so lighter than m at the time. I think he had the pistol in his hand at the time.Were i following someone and expecting trouble i sure wouldn't have had that gun in my waistband holster. Trayvon's call ended at 7:16 am and the cops were there at 7:17am. The timeline for the fight doesn't match up. Zimmerman says he was beaten for at least a minute.After the gunshot people saw Zimmerman on Trayvon back and Zimmerman told them to call the cops. Something really wrong with this.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
This is a lie. His dad never said that it wasn't his son. If so, prove it. Provide a link to a credible source. The first time the tape was played for TM's parents, it was played by the mayor who says his mother ran of the room crying because it WAS her son.

U.S. News - Trayvon Martin case: Mayor says police resisted release of 911 tapes

It's not a lie.

Trayvon's father: it wasn't my son's voice screaming for help - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies