Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What makes you think that the football player was either physically detained, or even questioned? The only report we have of the initial physical confrontation is from Zimmerman, who reported that Treyvon asked "do you have a problem" and punched him in the face. The other evidence we have is cuts and contusions on the back of Zimmermans head, grass stains on his cloths and the only eye witness, who reported that Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
There are other eye witnesses - one who said that the larger man was on top and others who said they couldn't see because it was dark and rainy.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Holy crap. I look at houses when I walk at night, even when it's drizzling. And I walk at least five nights a week. My hoodie is grey (a really pretty velour) . Thank God I am an old white woman, BC that sounds like the only thing that separates me from Trayvon.
Well, you probably don't attack and beat other people in your neighborhood and you're not dead so there are a couple things that are different between you 2 at this point.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Well, you probably don't attack and beat other people in your neighborhood and you're not dead so there are a couple things that are different between you 2 at this point.
What makes you think that a 17 year-old kid would choose to attack a total stranger with a gun who was tailing him?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
She is also fortunate enough to not have a self appointed vigilante that stalks people that have a right to be in her neighborhood.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
There are other eye witnesses - one who said that the larger man was on top and others who said they couldn't see because it was dark and rainy.
As well as experts who say that the voice crying for help wasn't Zimmerman.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
I can deal with the insensitivity and racist remarks on other issues, but I have no tolerance for it on this one. Since we have been discussing Trayvon Martin in this forum, I have added three people to my ignore list. I have probably threatened in the past, but they are the first three since I registered here in 2009. Two yesterday and one today. It isn't because they disagree with me, there are several people that I disagree with all the time and never even think about putting them on it, but I really am sick of the lack of compassion displayed by some members and as a mother of two sons, I have no patience for people who would trivialize the death of a teenage boy and spit on his grave. If you respond to this post with exactly what I just said I have no patience for, you won't be getting a response from me because I can no longer see your posts unless another member quotes you, in which case I will still ignore it.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
What makes you think that a 17 year-old kid would choose to attack a total stranger with a gun who was tailing him?
Based on just about every report out there and the fact that George Zimmerman has a concealed handgun permit it's pretty clear that Trayvon didn't know George was carrying a gun until he was on top of George beating him and saw the flash from the barrel. Based on the police report nobody was tailing the dead attacker, he attacked someone walking back to their vehicle and ultimately picked the wrong person to attack.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My choice for President, Dr. Walter Williams:
I'm not arguing at all about profiling someone and I've probably written 10 times that we all profile people because it's a defense mechanism. Sometimes a man will look strange or out of place to me and, when I walk by, he'll smile and say hello. Then I realize I'm being a little judgmental. Of course we need to be careful and be aware of people around us and what they're doing. If someone is acting suspiciously, then it's probably smart to steer clear of him. If you think a crime is going to be committed, then you call the police. So far I haven't heard a good explanation of why Trayvon was acting suspiciously if he was simply walking down the street. He was unarmed, wasn't breaking into cars or even looking in windows. So what was "suspicious" about him?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She is also fortunate enough to not have a self appointed vigilante that stalks people that have a right to be in her neighborhood.
Many of the people in that neighborhood were and still are very openly thankful that they have a neighbor like George Zimmerman who helped protect them and watched after their homes. It's just sad that George had to use lethal force to defend himself and even more sad that this instance has become the battle cry for race baiting idiots and their ignorant followers everywhere.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What makes you think that the football player was either physically detained, or even questioned? The only report we have of the initial physical confrontation is from Zimmerman, who reported that Treyvon asked "do you have a problem" and punched him in the face. The other evidence we have is cuts and contusions on the back of Zimmermans head, grass stains on his cloths and the only eye witness, who reported that Martin was on top of Zimmerman.
Because Martin's girlfriend was on the phone with him and heard him ask Zimmerman why he was following him...then heard Zimmerman ask Martin what he was doing there before the phone was dropped. So no, George's
word isn't the only testimony, and he has every reason to lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies