Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Contains numerous inaccuracies and misstatements of facts. Very poorly researched. Note the numerous cross outs and revisions.

Example: In his first post he says "So, there’s only one possible route that each person would have taken to end up at the shooting scene", then in a later post he completely changes the routes each took.

Example 2: He states "Maybe it comes out that Zimmerman chased Trayvon Martin down with his truck to where the fatal shot was fired?"

LOL I can't take this guy seriously, with all his irresponsible speculations.

Last edited by CptnRn; 04-06-2012 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So you're telling me Trayvon couldn't have just easily ran home?
Isn't that what I wrote? He was shot to death!

So, in other words, you are saying that if Trayvon Martin did get frightened when he saw Zimmerman following him around in his car and on foot and, like any normal person, defended himself from possible bodily harm, Zimmerman had the right to shoot him?

I guess I need to get away from all of this for a while. It's too upsetting to know people actually think this way. You don't seem to care that Zimmerman had no business going after someone who wasn't committing a crime. He was not a police officer. He must be so stupid if someone who everyone claims was big enough to beat the snot out of him was running away and he followed him (per his own words) without planning to kill him. What gave him so much confidence? You cannot have it both ways. If Zimmerman is a 5 ft 9" pudgy guy as he's been described and Martin is a 6 ft 2" athlete who looked like a dangerous drug dealer, how would Zimmerman know he didn't have a knife or a gun? Why wouldn't he wait for the police? Did he have a death wish? I can just see what would happen if I noticed a scary looking man in a parking lot. "Oh, darn. Maybe the cops won't get here in time, so I think I'll follow him." Not!

Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 PM

179 posts, read 156,623 times
Speculating about lack of blood spatter is just that - speculation. Wasn't it rainy that night? Fresh blood would wash off the leather jacket. Also, you are not a blood spatter expert. Entrance wounds are not always large and gory, as any hunter can tell you.

As to how he got a shot off - the guy was yelling for help for a minute. He could have been weighing whether to shoot for a while.

It's kind of weird this is still being debated. 0 evidence supports the anti-Zimmerman side. The whole reason he's even facing a grand jury is because of a mountain of lies at the start. Now too many of the professionally outraged have staked their reputation on this which is why they're still running anti-Zimmerman lies.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Isn't that what I wrote? He was shot to death!

So, in other words, you are saying that if Trayvon Martin did get frightened when he saw Zimmerman following him around in his car and on foot and, like any normal person, defended himself from possible bodily harm, Zimmerman had the right to shoot him?

I guess I need to get away from all of this for a while. It's too upsetting to know people actually think this way. You don't seem to care that Zimmerman had no business going after someone who wasn't committing a crime. He was not a police officer. He must be so stupid if someone who everyone claims was big enough to beat the snot out of him was running away and he followed him (per his own words) without planning to kill him. What gave him so much confidence? You cannot have it both ways. If Zimmerman is a 5 ft 9" pudgy guy as he's been described and Martin is a 6 ft 2" athlete who looked like a dangerous drug dealer, how would Zimmerman know he didn't have a knife or a gun? Why wouldn't he wait for the police? Did he have a death wish? I can just see what would happen if I noticed a scary looking man in a parking lot. "Oh, darn. Maybe the cops won't get here in time, so I think I'll follow him." Not!
I wasn't commenting on what Zimmerman should or should have done, saying how I think it did or didn't go down, I was asking simply why Trayvon would not have just kept running until he reached the safety of his home. Why can't you get your emotions in check, think with your brain, and just answer the damn question?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Seriously? It is against neighborhood watch policy for NW volunteers to be armed or pursue anyone. (Previously posted, look it up.)
Maybe you should look it up instead of making it up.

OHh now its "pursued". Where is your evidence of that? Where is this policy you are claiming, you can't show it to me because it does not exist. There is no policy against watching someone who may be committing a crime so you can report their location to the police. In addition Zimmerman said OK and was returning to his truck after the dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that".

Quote:
Police Chief Bill Lee said that although police do not encourage watch program volunteers to carry weapons, he recognizes a citizen’s constitutional right to do so. No arrest was made, Lee said, because there was no evidence to disprove Zimmerman’s account.

Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/v-fullstory/2700249/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html - broken link)

Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Enough of this nonsense. If the authors of a law tell you that the law they wrote does not apply...believe them.
[snip]
Ridiculous, displays total lack of familiarity with legislators, the legislative process, courts, and everything else related to statute interpretation.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Reread what you wrote. Now think about this, if Trayvon was screaming for help that means that zimmerman had the upper hand and proably had his gun pointed at Trayvon. At this point who is actually the aggressor? why did'nt he force Trayvon down or at most shot him in the leg? Being that Trayvon was screaming for help because it does not make sense to scream and at the same time beat the crap out someone, why did zimmerman still shoot him?
What if's and he could have's are irrelevant hindsight.

As per my example, which you responded to. Upperhand? Z was on bottom with T sitting on his chest, T was screaming for help as he struggled with Z for control of the gun, T had punched him in the face and knocked Z's head against the concrete several times so he was dazed, Z feared that he was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm so he defended himself, as he had every right to under Florida law.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
stand up, which he did almost immediately.
I wasn't going to post again for a while, but I was reading your comment and had to respond.

So he was a second away from dying, his head had been pounded into the sidewalk over and over again, he was bleeding, had gashes on the back of his head, a broken nose, but you write that he just got up as if nothing happened?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
What if's and he could have's are irrelevant hindsight.
and then you continue with your speculative version of what really happened.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I have mulled over that scenario and it's been presented several times by other posters. Problem is, it might also be presented that there was a moment in time during such a scenario as that, when Zimmeman might have been able to use the gun as a threat to back Trayvon off as opposed to killing him. One can imagine that if Trayvon saw the gun, that the natural impulse would be to retreat. If Trayvon did in fact begin to retreat, he might have been screaming for help because Zimmerman was mentally passed the point of no return. The guy does have a history of anger problems.
Zimmerman might have been able to get Trayvon to back off, but that would have been a risky thing to attempt given that George was dazed from the blows to his head, the prudent and safest thing go do is shot the person who was attacking him. Eye witnesses saw no move or effort from Martin to withdraw or retreat before the shot was fired.

Quote:
There's also that other NOT SO SMALL DETAIL...Zimmerman never told the police that Trayvon reached for the gun in the original report. That part of his account was told by his father on TV. Not a small detail and one that was tweaked into the story when his father went public. Sorry, not buying such a major factor as something Zimmerman would have forgotten.
We have not seen a complete transcript of the Police interview with Zimmerman. It has to be much more lengthy then the short paragraph that is in the brief summary of the case, which is the only Police report that we have seen. If anything was left out of that description it was the Police, not Z who left it out in an effort to fit it into a short summary of events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies